Why I like NTTR so much

After spending the weekend with the new NTTR map, I still cant get enough of it. My biggest passion in life is aviation. And naturally I love flight simming, with commercial travel being my first love, but I also do very much enjoy combat sims. With NTTR and DCS 2.0, the immersion has reached a whole new level. The map and flight environment is so beautiful, that i just love taking the A-10 up and flying around the map exploring. I have just as much pleasure getting to my target as I do in dropping ordnance on it. Taking off from Nellis, passing the race track, turning north to get to the ranges while gaining altitude. I love putting the AP in path mode and just looking out the window at the beauty of the map. But my favorite part of the map? Is the history of it. Today for the first time I flew over the craters from when they did the nuke tests in the Nevada test site. It was so cool!!!! Even though its virtual, I thought of all the history that was here. How busy the area must have been during that time period. All the people, all the logistical support of testing the nukes. Very cool indeed. Then when flying around groom lake. Thinking about flying over the same terrain that so many cool aircraft flew over and having the same visuals as the real pilots! When they exploited the MiGs, the SR-71/A-12, U-2, F-117, they flew right here, where I am flying over in the sim. Idk, maybe I am being overly sentimental, but I guess thats just how much I enjoy aviation/history/simming.

• Like 1

:thumbup:

Nicely said, that is what it is all about!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|