Old 04-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #91
zorlac

Reputation power: 13
zorlac is on a distinguished road

OK, this should be fun

on the end of the standard export.lua file, I add:

Code:
dofile("./Config/export/tacview.lua")
dofile("./Config/export/virtualpanel-export.lua")
dofile("./Config/export/touchbuddy-export.lua")
Now, whichever one is *LAST* in this list is the only one that actually gets run. I am not an LUA expert, but I am guessing that something somewhere is being reassigned during the load/run of these lua files, and the last one to run is the one that is getting used.

How to fix this? Err.... I dont know, and I am unsure how to check what it is thats causing the problem.

I could "merge" the two scripts and see if that would work. I`ll see what I can do, but there must be an easier way of doing it
zorlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #92
Mnemonic
Veteran

Reputation power: 814
Mnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Mnemonic

Hmm... interesting...
Zorlac, try to combine files. Thanks for cooperation!

I will try to find solution little later...
Mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #93
zorlac

Try this, and add this to the end of the standard export.lua

Code:
dofile("./Config/export/tbvp-export.lua")
Attached Files
File Type: zip tbvp-export.zip (10.1 KB, 335 views)
Old 04-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #94
Mnemonic
Veteran

Mnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond reputeMnemonic has a reputation beyond repute

Any news?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:56 PM   #95
S77th-ReOrdain

Reputation power: 20
S77th-ReOrdain is just really niceS77th-ReOrdain is just really niceS77th-ReOrdain is just really niceS77th-ReOrdain is just really niceS77th-ReOrdain is just really niceS77th-ReOrdain is just really niceS77th-ReOrdain is just really niceS77th-ReOrdain is just really niceS77th-ReOrdain is just really niceS77th-ReOrdain is just really niceS77th-ReOrdain is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to S77th-ReOrdain

Yes, and the news is . . . IT WORKS!

Great program Mnemonic!

First of all, big thanks to Mnemonic for creating the LOVP program and of course "Codemaster Z" Zorlac for his contributing effort to make this usable with Touchbuddy by combining the scripts of LOVP with the Touchbuddy export script.

For those interested in trying to integrate this with Touchbuddy, it can be done as Wild Bill Kelso suggested earlier in the thread. I've gotten it to work as a "click-through" feature. See the the following thread for details:

http://www.touch-buddy.com/forums/ho....html#post6171

Incidentally, the two will co-exist with Tacview as well. Just make sure your last few lines in the export.lua read like this (with tacview last) -

To be continued...
--]]

dofile("./Config/export/tbvp-export.lua")
dofile("./Config/export/tacview.lua")
S77th-ReOrdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:51 PM   #96
Mnemonic
Veteran

Wow! It's great news friends!
Thanks!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 AM   #97
DickDastardly

Reputation power: 14
DickDastardly is a jewel in the roughDickDastardly is a jewel in the roughDickDastardly is a jewel in the roughDickDastardly is a jewel in the roughDickDastardly is a jewel in the roughDickDastardly is a jewel in the rough

Just got them working together too and the results are stunning:

The Payload, MCP, TEWS & gauges in the (scaled down) image above are all displaying live data from LOMAC -this absolutely kicks ass and I encourage everyone to try both programs. Many thanks to both Zorlac and Mnemonic for your wonderful work on this stuff.
Cheers,
DD

EDIT: Just to stress to anyone who (like me) doesn't have a touchscreen - you don't have to have one to run touchbuddy! So all that's needed to use these utilities is a spare screen (and preferably a 2nd PC too to minimise fps impact on the sim, although that isn't strictly necessary).

Last edited by DickDastardly; 04-10-2007 at 01:44 AM.
DickDastardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:36 AM   #98
G3

Reputation power: 18
G3 is just really niceG3 is just really niceG3 is just really niceG3 is just really niceG3 is just really niceG3 is just really niceG3 is just really niceG3 is just really niceG3 is just really niceG3 is just really nice

you can keep your picasso, renoirs etc. this is art

well done to all involved, a great community effort.

has anyone managed to put gauges under a tb skin, Zorlac mentioned transparency. i was thinking you could have something like ruggs f15 profile with the gauges scattered around the place as per real cockpit across the th2go.

great to see there was a work around for the lua, and good to see the tacview working with the combined tbvp lua.

very much looking forward to the us style gauges.

this is good stuff, as DickDastardly says, you really should take the time to give these programs a try, well done Mnemonic and Zorlac.

Last edited by G3; 04-10-2007 at 03:41 AM.
G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #99
zorlac

woohoo! Great stuff...

I will still look at why TB + VP are fighting each other for LUA
Old 04-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #100
DickDastardly

Reputation power: 14
DickDastardly is a jewel in the roughDickDastardly is a jewel in the roughDickDastardly is a jewel in the roughDickDastardly is a jewel in the roughDickDastardly is a jewel in the roughDickDastardly is a jewel in the rough

I've uploaded the touchbuddy profile and virtual panel ini file I used in the above screenshot in case they might be of use to anyone:

http://www.mikesteven.pwp.blueyonder...OMACTBVP01.tbc

http://www.mikesteven.pwp.blueyonder...lomac/LOVP.INI

They're designed for a 1280x1024 display but feel free to edit them as you like for incorporation into your own profiles. Assuming you have both TB and VP installed and working, just follow these steps to use them together:

1. Run TB in server mode on your main PC.
2. Create desktop shortcuts to both touchbuddy and VP on your client PC (in the lower half of your desktop).
3. Launch TB on the client with my LOMACTBVP01 profile.
3. Launch VP on the client then right click on the grey background and select fullscreen.
4. ALT+TAB back to TB and the TB stuff should appear on top of VP.
5. Launch LOMAC on your main PC. As soon as you start a mission and unpause, TB and VP should start responding to data from the sim.

Cheers,
DD

Last edited by DickDastardly; 04-10-2007 at 06:39 PM.
DickDastardly is offline   Reply With Quote