2018 New Year’s Update

Hiromachi

Dear pilots,

only hours separate us from the year 2018 and while we all await it impatiently, we thought it would be a proper moment to stop for one last update in 2017.

C9PU1I.png

At first, we would like to say that development of Christen Eagle II is going on schedule and this module is almost ready for beta testing!

And as this module is already in a highly advanced development phase, we thought it is a perfect opportunity to capture a few shots of our current work, just to raise the curtain a little bit and look what’s behind it. Thus we present to you first pictures of F4U-1d Corsair, a legendary warbird that gained its reputation during World War 2 and later in Korean War. This aircraft is powered by famous Pratt&Whitney R-2800 engine, it’s armed with six Browning .50 caliber machine-guns and can take a respectable ordnance load. We will get into details of this machine on another occasion, for the moment enjoy the beauty of it!

9UscxL.png

5DZ8NI.png

At last, we’d also like to briefly return to the beloved Fishbed. In the recent months we’ve been splitting our focus between new projects as well as continuously updating the MiG-21bis module and as you may have already noticed some of the fixes appeared in recent patches. In particular we took some time to investigate the performance issue which many users reported, related to reduced FPS when more than two machines were flying in close formation. We have released a temporal fix recently and continue our work in cooperation with Eagle Dynamics for a complete fix. For now our own tests indicate a fair improvement and thus look very promissing.

We also would like to remind you of the ongoing DCS sale which includes MiG-21bis. Do not hesitate and get it before the sale ends on January 3rd!

To conclude this brief update we would like to wish you all a happy new year and all the very best for 2018 and beyond! See you soon in the skies!

WhtZZk.png

MAGNITUDE 3 LLC

Link to complete update: http://leatherneck-sim.com/happy-new-year/

Edited by -Rudel-
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Thanks for the update .. I already own the Mig-21 and look forward to the Corsair, tough I will probably skip the Eagle as it's not really the kind of plane that I like to fly. Wish you all the best for this new year.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yahoo! this is fantastic news! thank you, and Happy New Year!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Many thanks! Now I can stop scratching my head whether the F-4U is dead or still alive!

Happy New Year! Looking forward to your guys work next year :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If there was one WWII bird I could ever have, (or learn to fly), Whistling Death is it! I just love this gull winged beauty. Really hope we see her in 2018.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Insta-buy! Cant wait for the Corsair!

Now we just need AI Zero, Oscar, Betty and Kate to shoot down!

A DCS World Pacific theater map would be gorgeous! If we ever get one I hope its of the South-West pacific! Would be super cool to fly the Corsair off Epiritu Santo and pretend Im in the black sheep squadron! haha!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Yesss, both an instant buy for me. The Corsair is one of the best looking warbirds.

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread