NO TRIM

Trim works in other modules. Controller key is bound, does not work. Keyboard key command does not adjust the trim. Nose down, Nose Up, Wing Left, Wing Right. No affect on FCS while sitting on the ground.

VF-111 Sundowners

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Carrier Group 1 - Battlegroup Delta

Beware the lessons of a fighter pilot who would rather fly a slide rule than kick your ass!

-Commander Ron "Mugs" McKeown, USN

Commander, U.S. Navy Fighter Weapons School

2 Victories, Vietnam

Both, ground and airborne. I just noticed that the trim doesn't work when flaps are in auto. Ruled out a keybind being the issue and cleared the FLAPS AUTO/HALF binding, and just used the keyboard. When the jet is in HALF or FULL flaps, trim works, when in AUTO trim doesn't work (using the keyboard shortcut).

VF-111 Sundowners

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Beware the lessons of a fighter pilot who would rather fly a slide rule than kick your ass!

2 Victories, Vietnam

Both, ground and airborne. I just noticed that the trim doesn't work when flaps are in auto. Ruled out a keybind being the issue and cleared the FLAPS AUTO/HALF binding, and just used the keyboard. When the jet is in HALF or FULL flaps, trim works, when in AUTO trim doesn't work (using the keyboard shortcut).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212938&highlight=trim

in auto aircraft trims itself

Well, if the AC auto-trims itself during flight, I don't understand why in chapter 9.2.2.1 of the NATOPS Flight Manual (page III-9-7 or page 371 of the pdf) it is stated:

"Once cleared to commence an approach, refueling checklists completed, assume a position 10 to 15 feet in trail of the drogue with the refueling probe in line in both the horizontal and vertical reference planes. Trim the aircraft in this stabilized approach position and ensure that the tanker’s (amber) ready light is on before attempting an approach."

How can I trim it if it doesn't respond to the trim hat?

ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming || i7x6700K@4.6GHz || Noctua NH-U14S || Corsair16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz || Asus Strix GTX-1080 TI-11GB || TrackIr 5Pro || Saitek x-55 Rhino || Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals || Win10 pro

Maybe you're not noticing it because the trim-hat isn't animated for some reason right now?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

It does respond to trim hat nicely.

Configured for on-speed the trim works perfectly. No issues whatsoever.

Ok, I'll check this evening with the FCS page :thumbup:

ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming || i7x6700K@4.6GHz || Noctua NH-U14S || Corsair16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz || Asus Strix GTX-1080 TI-11GB || TrackIr 5Pro || Saitek x-55 Rhino || Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals || Win10 pro

"11.1.3 Auto Flap Configuration. The FCS control laws create slightly different handling qualities than those of most aircraft. The most apparent characteristic is the excellent hands-off stability. Damping about all axes is high.

Static longitudinal stability is neutral since the FCS attempts to keep the aircraft in 1 g, zero pitch rate flight.

Longitudinal trim is used to bias (adjust) the reference load factor or pitch rate as the pilot desires. Longitudinal trimming is not required as the aircraft accelerates or decelerates through most of the flight envelope.

Once an attitude is set, the aircraft tends to hold that attitude without further stick inputs, even through the transonic speed regime.

This characteristic reduces stick forces with changing airspeed, lowering pilot workload for most tasks."

IV-11-3 (Page 435 in pdf)

I found the Hornet to be stable and no need to trim unless I´m uneven loaded or in Half or Full Flaps Config.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does trim work for you once flaps are completely DOWN? Not AUTO or HALF.

Works great for me, I use to it to trim the pitch for carrier landings all the time.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It may not be necessary as pointed out by those referring to the NATOOS, but it was function in previous updates. I didn’t notice the change in the change notes for latest patch. So question is, are we changing the longitudinal bias at all in AUTO?

VF-111 Sundowners

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 Victories, Vietnam

no issues here with the latest patch, sure its not your control stick since i was using a microsoft stick and was no way of keeping the plane level at all, got the thrustmaster and throttle set up and have no issues fly perfectly level

Yeah, its not a control issue. The binding works in other modules. Also not a binding issue in F-18 Sim, the function is bound. I find it odd that while in AUTO flaps mode, the FCS page does not show movement of elevons

VF-111 Sundowners

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 Victories, Vietnam

I confirm that in automode the trim in not working....

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Gents.

The F-18 has different flight modes and the FCS treats each differently.

UA= Up and Away flight. FCS automatically attempts to trim to 1G

PA= Powered Assist Flight (Landing Configuration) manual trim inputs are accepted.

Burner

Intel Core i7 9700 @ 5.1Ghz, Nvidia RTX 2080Ti, Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, HOTAS Hornet, Virpil CM2 Base, MFG Rudders , HP Reverb Pro

How do you switch from the 2?

Gents.

The F-18 has different flight modes and the FCS treats each differently.

UA= Up and Away flight. FCS automatically attempts to trim to 1G

PA= Powered Assist Flight (Landing Configuration) manual trim inputs are accepted.

Inviato dal mio SM-J730F utilizzando Tapatalk