Recomendations for MP voice comms software?

oldcrusty

I guess the easiest way to find out what's out there is to ask the DCS sim vets here. I started out with Lock-on when it was released... when was that?! :smartass: In those day there was only TS and Vent. I used TS. Then, I got away from all this until recently. I assume there is galore of different programs available now. Which one would you guys recommend for multichannel, complex mission set-ups? Do any of them allow direct input from in-game controls - punching in channels on UFCP, etc.?

Hi Gripes, you have two good options.

Ciribob's SimpleRadio, which is free, is the standard used on most public multiplayer servers.

Tacno's UniversRadio is a little more in-depth and has some excellent features not found in SimpleRadio. It is a payware plugin for Teamspeak that will cost somewhere between $4-$10USD depending on the current exchange rate on the Euro and sales.

Both read your interactions with the in-game cockpit for aircraft with clickable pits, and offer graphic interfaces for tuning the radios of non-clickable aircraft such as the free Su-25T and FC3 jets. UR models radio encryption, terrain masking, IFF, and offers some expanded datalink capabilities. It also interacts directly with LotATC, a 3rd party payware program that offers a realistic RADAR view for player-operated GCI/AWACS.

Edited by feefifofum

You'll find there is a lot of people on Teamspeak which I use, I also have to get on to Discord for other groups.

It's a shame that there isn't a native comms package in DCS, well yet.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.