Impressed

bkthunder

I was looking forward to giving this a try after hearing about the nice progress you made.

Well, so far I've spent only about one hour doing IFR flights in it, but I have to say the attention to detail is impressive. Not a massive fan of the aircraft itself, but you've done a commendable job, the cockpit and instuments feel alive more than in any other module. Hard not to love it.

:thumbup:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I have had this airplane since it was available for download. It was always a pleasant experience aside from the simple flight model. I haven't flown it for some time, but I spent today just doing cold starts, takeoffs, ovals, and landings. From little details like HOTAS mapping options to the feel of the flight model to the look of the aircraft both inside the cockpit and out, it is really a great module. Based on these results, I am looking forward to you next module. If it is going to be the Mirage F1, I was already eager to get that aircraft, now I can't wait with this kind of quality benchmark. It took a long time for the C-101 to get to this point, but it sure was worth the wait!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, just wanted to mention that I like the 101 quite much as well.

Even though I am a little confused about its performance, concerning the engine. I read in other threads that it should be coded by real wordl data, but the take off run even without any loadouts seems reaaally long for this aircraft and the acceleration is very, very low.

Hi, just wanted to mention that I like the 101 quite much as well.

Even though I am a little confused about its performance, concerning the engine. I read in other threads that it should be coded by real wordl data, but the take off run even without any loadouts seems reaaally long for this aircraft and the acceleration is very, very low.

Yes I agree, I can hardly do a loop with the EB!

It seems the FM is accurate, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Do you hold the brakes while waiting for the engine to spool-up? And only releasing them once the rpm is at least 80% ?

Remember this engine has about 5000 lb pf thrust, the F-16c has 30,000 with ab, it is a trainer not a fighter.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Do you hold the brakes while waiting for the engine to spool-up? And only releasing them once the rpm is at least 80% ?

Remember this engine has about 5000 lb pf thrust, the F-16c has 30,000 with ab, it is a trainer not a fighter.

This works a bit better...should take care a little more of the training sorties I guess...

I know it is not a "fighter" but at least the CC is intended for some light strikes (what I like the most) so even for this it feels sometimes quite underpowered :smilewink:

This works a bit better...should take care a little more of the training sorties I guess...

I know it is not a "fighter" but at least the CC is intended for some light strikes (what I like the most) so even for this it feels sometimes quite underpowered :smilewink:

The manual power reserve (MPR) will give you a little bit more of a boost.

Loops are quite doable. Just make sure you're going at least 250 kts and preferably closer to 300 kts. Also, make sure you don't have a full fuel load when doing aerobatics.

I'm just sorry it's a C-101 and not a Hawk...lol. Or a Harrier,or a MiG-21!

These legendary planes would deserve such quality.

Anyways this proves a point for me: I'd much rather have a simple aircraft that's simulated into detail, with passion, rather than some awesome jet developed like it's Ace Combat.

If you did a Cessna with this level of detail, I'd buy it. I enjoy the little touches, like the ADI wobbling to life. This is a high fidelity sim, and doing even simple IFR, knowing that stuff is accurately simulated, is more satisfying than dropping bombs from a half-assed module with dubious avionics and FM.

I'm looking forward to your Mirage F-1 if it's at this level. And more.

• Like 1

Anyways this proves a point for me: I'd much rather have a simple aircraft that's simulated into detail, with passion, rather than some awesome jet developed like it's Ace Combat.

If you did a Cessna with this level of detail, I'd buy it. I enjoy the little touches, like the ADI wobbling to life. This is a high fidelity sim, and doing even simple IFR, knowing that stuff is accurately simulated, is more satisfying than dropping bombs from a half-assed module with dubious avionics and FM.

That is quite true.

Although, honestly: "Normal" (IFR) flying etc. is not the feature that is in focus for me when flying DCS. It is important, yes, because it contributes a lot to the overall picture. But it is a COMBAT simulator so I want most accurate "weapon delivery" :smartass:

For accurate IFR procedures etc. I run X-Plane (you will find your sophisticated Cessna there, by the way :))

PS: Yes, I like "simple" planes as well - don't need a radar, or a MFD, just a CCIP mode for bombing would be appreciated. IR missiles maybe...done!

I'm looking forward to your Mirage F-1 if it's at this level. And more.

Thank you. You are right. Having realistic flight models and systems is fundamental in any simulation, whether if it's a combat, or rather military, environment or a civil one. That includes the possibility to use a realistically implemented TACAN, ILS or whatever navigation or radio system, as well as hydraulics, electrics, etc. The possibility to train basic or advanced flight maneuvers in a trainer with a realistic flight model is also essential.

• Like 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

This little aircraft was not in my list, and hasn't really caught my attention. But due to the extended trials I started testing it two days ago. I'm still there, a priority purchase for me now. I second all of the positive posts above.

I'm having so much fun with IFR and super cool user made downloaded missions. Especially those from @Rudel_chw! One thing I noticed though was it seems that in stable, the cold start mission lacks the pin for the canopy "tool". I saw it was added on OB a couple of patches back. Anyway, could only get around 15-17 fps in this mission, but went through it. So I decided to check out that pin in OB. Whoa! 60-70 FPS! Staying in OB for this one!

Amazing work, amazing module. Gonna have you on my radar for future modules!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I’ll also chime in and say I wasn’t super interested in a trainer aircraft but I find myself constantly going back to the c-101 during this trial period. I haven’t really dabbled much in ifr flight like this and it’s pretty thrilling when you nail the radial intercept and hit the ILS landing. I will probably purchase this now when I wouldn’t have before.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Just because this thread is here...

I just gave her a first spin myself. Not entirely sold in, yet, I'm afraid, but one thing I can say is that I am absolutely impressed with the in-cockpit lighting of the C-101. I don't know why, but all the lamps, annunciators and 8-elements just look absolutely great.

In any case thank you for the chance to try it out.

• 9 months later...

Been flying the C-101 on mp servers a lot recently having finally gotten around to it after a couple of years of ownership. Just wanted to say that it's a highly enjoyable module, much attention to detail by the developers it's very rewarding to operate and so far so good having a lot of fun. Would be nice to get the Sea Eagle usable on mp, that's a pretty capable missile indeed. Would love to see another module from AvioDev in the near future keep up the good work folks.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Count von Altibar said:

Been flying the C-101 on mp servers a lot recently having finally gotten around to it after a couple of years of ownership. Just wanted to say that it's a highly enjoyable module, much attention to detail by the developers it's very rewarding to operate and so far so good having a lot of fun. Would be nice to get the Sea Eagle usable on mp, that's a pretty capable missile indeed. Would love to see another module from AvioDev in the near future keep up the good work folks.

The developers who work for the Aviodev company started a another company, the Aerges. And it is almost same developer team working it new modules... F-1 Mirage. And they are not doing just one, but four variants. 

I was not interested about Mirage until heard that Aviodev team was doing it. Their passion and skills to minute details and all is so great in C-101 that F-1 has high propability to become great project.

Check out their screenshots from their first variant. Just search for Aerges F-1 Mirage.

• Like 7

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

On 4/20/2020 at 11:27 AM, bkthunder said:

Once someone is custom to high power fighter jets with almost empty weight, there is not easy to come appreciate aircraft that barely can climb....

What these trainers can't give is high G and tight turn radius, but what they do is to teach you to fly properly.

Everything that these teaches, are requirements to fly anything else. So while with interceptor you can take-off in 60° climb and get to few kilometers, they don't teach procedures so well like these.

All about flying is navigation. It is about performing climbs and dives properly.

It is about maintaining speed, altitude and heading. It is about arriving location in correct time.

And it is about doing all that while observing that you don't collide to someone else, or that you can do all that with someone else.

What is combat flying? It is all that, except you have a correct weapon to release at proper time.

I love combat procedures in complex aircraft. But I love flying in C-101 or L-39.

Learning to do a multi leg route with proper arriving times, doing so at night or in zero visibility etc are great feelings.

It is like learning to maintain a speed with C-101 and being able perform all loops and turns properly with it.

I am considering to build tandem VR cockpit just for C-101 and L-39. Extra cost is new VR and HOTAS so in total about 1000-1500€ more. That is not much, but to fly just now and then together it is...

• Like 4

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.