Question about Tarawa in future updates

flo57100

Hello there,

I read that TACAN will be implemented in future update, but will the Tarawa have also an ADF frequency ? Would be really helpful for air assets to find the ship on their way home, like all helicopters available in DCS :thumbup:

An other question, when I want to cold-start-spawn other thing than a harrier on the ship, it causes DCS crash, will this bug be corrected in the future ?

Thank you again for having make the ship available for everybody :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

149837114_DCS2017-12-1723-26-33.thumb.jpg.ddad9b66b5330b594ee14df050c5dcdc.jpg

1225810355_DCS2017-12-2010-07-08.thumb.jpg.91df8fe2bfd3371a086c0e0ad75c6cd0.jpg

Edited by flo57100

Textures are still WIP right? Because from screenshots the tram line and the flight deck tie down holes and the red warning line looks really off to me, like they are skewed when you look at the tie down holes in relation to the tram line.

Also, I never seen deck lenght markings on photos of the real ship but in the game we have those?

I would love if it the lift was solid and u would not drop through it if u land on it

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I would love if it the lift was solid and u would not drop through it if u land on it
+1000 :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

(...)

Also, I never seen deck lenght markings on photos of the real ship but in the game we have those?

They are a bit smaller IRL, but they are there.

I've seen some in videos.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hello Razbam, after getting to grips with the AV-8B NA basics, I checked on the capabilities coming with the LHA-1 Tarawa model.

First of all,thanks for the model and that it is part of the game. A truly necessary addition.

I know it is WIP, but I want to point some issues I encountered with helicopter operations, basically trying to use the UH-1H to start and land from the deck.

1. Spawn points: currently helos drop into the sea beside the deck, probably WIP and easily be fixed. But I would love to have "Start from Parking position" (cold) actually use parking slots. (That is off the tram line, on starboard front and aft of the island).

Together with the "Take-Off from runway" we could get cool mixed operations with Helos taking off,while we start up the Harriers.

2. AI putting the boat into the wind for start and landing. Now we need to use static weather to ensure viable start conditions and plot the course accordingly.

3. Finding the boat in bad visibility. I know there will be TACAN added, but that isn't good enough for the helicopters. UH-1H and Mi-8 have no TACAN. The easiest way to fix this could be to allow the existing trigger for radio messages (adjustable frequency from ADF kHz to FM MHz or AM MHz NDB).

A working approach lights system would be nice. Not the killer feature, but nice.

The coolest, but obviously most complex would be a Precision Radar Approach with a controller talking you through the pattern, but that would be icing on the cake with a cherry! ;)

4. Deck operations. First of all, we need the elevators be solid! Really! Or put them in the down position.

If we could have a marshaller to guide us in on landing that would be awesome, along with some life on the deck. The marshaller though especially for helos, would be a tremendous asset.

AI push and removal of aircraft ot at least a deactivation of landed craft after 3-5 minutes would be cool.

Just my thoughts... I am aware it is unlikely to see all realised, but at least the beacons and spawn points are crucial for simulating real life operations.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Hello Razbam, after getting to grips with the AV-8B NA basics, I checked on the capabilities coming with the LHA-1 Tarawa model.

First of all,thanks for the model and that it is part of the game. A truly necessary addition.

I know it is WIP, but I want to point some issues I encountered with helicopter operations, basically trying to use the UH-1H to start and land from the deck.

1. Spawn points: currently helos drop into the sea beside the deck, probably WIP and easily be fixed. But I would love to have "Start from Parking position" (cold) actually use parking slots. (That is off the tram line, on starboard front and aft of the island).

Together with the "Take-Off from runway" we could get cool mixed operations with Helos taking off,while we start up the Harriers.

2. AI putting the boat into the wind for start and landing. Now we need to use static weather to ensure viable start conditions and plot the course accordingly.

3. Finding the boat in bad visibility. I know there will be TACAN added, but that isn't good enough for the helicopters. UH-1H and Mi-8 have no TACAN. The easiest way to fix this could be to allow the existing trigger for radio messages (adjustable frequency from ADF kHz to FM MHz or AM MHz NDB).

A working approach lights system would be nice. Not the killer feature, but nice.

The coolest, but obviously most complex would be a Precision Radar Approach with a controller talking you through the pattern, but that would be icing on the cake with a cherry! wink.gif

4. Deck operations. First of all, we need the elevators be solid! Really! Or put them in the down position.

If we could have a marshaller to guide us in on landing that would be awesome, along with some life on the deck. The marshaller though especially for helos, would be a tremendous asset.

AI push and removal of aircraft ot at least a deactivation of landed craft after 3-5 minutes would be cool.

Just my thoughts... I am aware it is unlikely to see all realised, but at least the beacons and spawn points are crucial for simulating real life operations.

I agree totally with points 1 and 3, it would be really GREAT FEATURES :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: