IR mav has changed?

marcoacv

Hi all. My question...

before the update I used to view the TGP on a vehicle and with the uncaged maverick I saw the missile cursor following the tgp cursor. Now after the update I have to insert SCS left and right for the maverick cursor to go to the new position of my TGP. Please does anyone know if this has changed?

Same here

I observed the same behaviour. In addition, it seems that it is necessary to get in much closer than before before the missile can lock on- but I might be mistaken there. Last, even when establishing a point track, the missile has a hard time to get a lock.

Best regards,

Cepheus76

Yeah, the Mav in the Hornet does not follow TGP any more. It will slew only to the initial position once uncaged.

Probably Viper changes broke it. Or yet another WIP feature.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Screen_200924_113447.thumb.jpg.fa5194da58392389446297e4ceb9c868.jpg

Also LMAV view in DDI looks funky and I find it very hard to get a lock on a moving target if target has been moving for a while. It does seem to track the seeker but can't get positive lock from lasing unless designated initial target point is near moving target.

[ATTACH]248168[/ATTACH]

Also LMAV view in DDI looks funky and I find it very hard to get a lock on a moving target if target has been moving for a while. It does seem to track the seeker but can't get positive lock from lasing unless designated initial target point is near moving target.

That's how it looks like in real life. It's a nice change :)

I also find that the FOV does not work correctly. I have the button bound to my HOTAS and in the past was able to use it to change FOV of the TGP. Now it either changes MAV FOV, even though TGP is my active sensor, or it changes nothing, neither TGP nor MAV. Is that normal? I would expect this to change FOV on MAV when MAV is the active sensor and FOV on TGP when TGP is the active sensor.

I also find that the FOV does not work correctly. I have the button bound to my HOTAS and in the past was able to use it to change FOV of the TGP. Now it either changes MAV FOV, even though TGP is my active sensor, or it changes nothing, neither TGP nor MAV. Is that normal? I would expect this to change FOV on MAV when MAV is the active sensor and FOV on TGP when TGP is the active sensor.

Yes that is correct. The Hotas tgp fov is disabled when Mavericks on the other screen.

IR Mav and TGP Redux

This might well be operator error (I knew calling the operator was a mistake), but...

IR Mav and TGP. If I have the MAV up on the stores page and the TGP as SOI, then change FOV using the HOTAS, the MAV FOV changes, not the TGP. Also, I can't select a target with the TGP and get the MAV to lock onto it.

Out of frustration I just turned the TGP off and was able to slew the MAV onto the target (still insanely dark, but much better than before) and lock on. Using the TGP with IR Mavs is an exercise in frustration.

I've never had good luck with IR Mavs and the TGP; the last time I seem to recall it was at least partly work in progress/bugs, and if that's still the case then no harm, no foul. Just wondering if the pilot needs more training or if we move on to the next chapter in the syllabus.

Thanks!

This might well be operator error (I knew calling the operator was a mistake), but...

IR Mav and TGP. If I have the MAV up on the stores page and the TGP as SOI, then change FOV using the HOTAS, the MAV FOV changes, not the TGP.

The is RL behaviour and normal and has been that way since the MAV's got added. If you have a MAV active on a DDI it always has HOTAS FOV priority.

The is RL behaviour and normal and has been that way since the MAV's got added. If you have a MAV active on a DDI it always has HOTAS FOV priority.

...except the TGP was active, not the MAV...

<edit>

Oh..Mav on a DDI, period, not Mav on a DDI and SOI. Gots!

Okay! I can work with all this! Thanks!

</edit>

Edited by Raisuli