[TESTERS WANTED] Project Dynamism - persistence and dynamic content framework

Project Dynamism

Hi Spearzone,

I experimented a bit with DCS Witchcraft and can reproduce this problem. Funnily it seems to occur only for tall objects like the comms tower and the TV tower.

And even then it seems to occur only sporadically. Did you see it happen again? Anyone else?

Also weird it helped moving the object to another location.

Luckily I found a workaround by putting the spawn of the destroyed clone into a scheduled function call "timer.scheduleFunction()" with a minimum delay.

Will deploy this fix soon. No need to change anything on your side. Will be automatically rolled out.

Hi all,

Update v0.9.1 is out that fixes the floating tall objects reported by Spearzone and hopefully the multiplayer mission end problem reported by ikaruga.

No need to do or download anything. Its pure backend update of the LUA scripts that are automatically refreshed.

Hi grant977,

For Snowplow the mandatory conditions to be met to proceed the campaign are:

1) be alive

2) be at home airport Nalchik

3) full stop, no speed

This should yield a score of 50. Sometimes the triggers are slow, so give the plane some time to rest at standstill for the score to jump from 0 to 50. Only then exit the mission.

No errors installing. That’s actually very simple and easy by the way thank you.Flew snowplow and have a question when I land I hit end mission and it said campaign lost what is the correct procedure ending a mission?

The update fixed the error message we used to get, thanks a lot !

However, there is a new problem :

We loaded a new dynamic mission where we destroyed vehicles, everything went well. No error message or anything.

We launched the mission again : as the host, I could see the previously destroyed vehicles and the remaining ones.

But the client could still see the destryed vehicles, on the F10 map and visually, but they were indestructible.

Feel free to ask if you need more info.

Hey ikaruga,

This sounds not too promising. Will contact you about the details.

Anyone knows how to run DCS + DCS Dedicated Server locally so I can test? Tried some days ago and failed to connect to the server running on the same computer. Is it mandatory to go over the internet or to run on two different machines?

Got both DCS + DCS Dedicated Server running locally on my machine.

Could join as client, cause some destructions, switch and restart the mission and got all destruction properly recreated. So for me Project Dynamism is working as advertised.

Will try a bit more trying to recreate the behaviour you reported ikaruga.

Development Update

The last weeks I was exporting interesting map objects from DCS World, classifying them, saving them into a database and grouping them into factory complexes, bridge compounds, etc.

Currently I am working to link the map objects to the damage reported and persisted already by Project Dynamism. This will allow to track e.g. the status of a factory, whether important buildings were hit or only minor damage inflicted.

Following a tutorial about Angular and Leaflet there is now a basic web app in development to visualize the map objects using military standard labels.

Also I swapped the current database for a spatially enabled one (PostgeSQL + PostGIS). Now it is easy to test a location for containment, overlap and distance to some other area.

One could think of modelling no-fly zones, engagement areas, country airpaces, territoral waters and much more.

Have a look at the screenshots.

Interesting times ahead!

attachment.php?attachmentid=234640&stc=1&d=1588699280

attachment.php?attachmentid=234641&stc=1&d=1588699342

attachment.php?attachmentid=234642&stc=1&d=1588699342

Map1.thumb.jpg.f4bf575982756116b87bbe71da03ef44.jpg

Map2.thumb.jpg.796a519ede8f236afba54522fea8aaa7.jpg

FactoryComplex4_View.thumb.jpg.f85fd11a64e318da845f2d6d38d0b7ef.jpg

Edited by Project Dynamism

Looks very interesting! Looking forward to this.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

• 2 weeks later...

Currently working on a web page for the project. Once finished all will be orchestrated in a package:

• Installer with updater, desktop shortcuts and uninstaller
  • Switch to geospatial database and revamp of backend + LUA scripts (allowing for the map feature teased earlier)
  • Release of version 1.0 (stable technology- and feature-wise)
  • Web page with information and detailled documentation of the project

Currently the annual tax declaration, a new demanding project at work and nice spring weather is holding me back :music_whistling:

By the way ikaruga, how is multiplayer working? Did you somehow succeed in resolving the issue of destructions not being properly synched to the clients?

• 3 weeks later...

Good news,

The installer with updater, desktop shortcuts and uninstaller is finally working.

:thumbup:

Surprisingly there were many pitfalls with setting up the icons, Windows 7 & 10 in general (naming of the application, "correct" deinstallation entry point) and cleanly removing the scripts and folders added to the DCS user data folder.

Will be all detailed on the website currently under construction.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello after my server updated windows server its now giving me this.

---------------------------

Project Dynamism v0.9 - Exception Report before Application Close

The application needs to close. An unhandled exception occurred. Please help us improve by reporting the error.

Use [Ctrl] + [C] to copy the following message:

[VERSION]

Project Dynamism v0.9

[CAUSE]

Key not valid for use in specified state.

(System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException)

[TRACE]

at System.Security.Cryptography.ProtectedData.Unprotect(Byte[] encryptedData, Byte[] optionalEntropy, DataProtectionScope scope)

at _yor7JRea1Cq9LO57cvTHAWgEaODA._B38EkizkHUWKcUm29b0kt0lrNNg(String , String )

at _xgED7JsagQcfAGfalGvGZMVBm6P._CbNiZMvINEoj5oUQYpAV7H0Wl0D(StartupEventArgs )

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

OK

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Neon,

I believe this comes from decrypting all your user settings (username, password, email) in the scope of the current user when starting up the Project Dynamism application.

Encryption and decryption of the data must happen with code running under the same account on the same machine. Apparently either one has changed meantime, e.g. due to copying the user settings from the old machine / account.

var userData = ProtectedData.Unprotect(encryptedData, optionalEntropy, DataProtectionScope.CurrentUser);

If the issue persists you may try to delete the user settings file and relaunch the application.

Do so by locating a folder "StoxTime" in the respectives user's folder similar to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\StoxTime

Simply delete that "StoxTime" folder with all its contents.

Thanks for reporting this. :thumbup:

Will make sure it will be handled in the next version of the software.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Project Dynamism - Release Version 1.0

Dear all,

Thank you for your continued interest in Project Dynamism.

I'm happy to announce the release of version 1.0 which leads over from the public test phase to stable.

The project website is now online.

- News and Features

- Download and Donation

- Comprehensive Instructions with Screenshots.

Also a new forum thread was started.

-
Please use above official one instead of this old test version thread.

The following improvements were introduced:

[FIX] More robust recovery of user settings on update.

[FIX] Handle error on unprotecting encrypted user settings.

[FEATURE] Setup via Installer creating shortcuts.

[FEATURE] Proper uninstall via Windows menu completely removing the DCS World integration.

[FEATURE] Automatic updater that keeps the software up-to-date.

[FEATURE] Improved error logging and stability.

[FEATURE] Swapped the database for a spatially enabled one (PostgeSQL + PostGIS).

[FEATURE] Categorization and grouping of Caucasus scenery e.g. into factory complexes and bridge compounds.

[FEATURE] Saving of geo-locations for future map display.

[FEATURE] Battle Damage Assessment of scenery object destructions via F10 menu.

The Battle Damage Assessment analyses destroyed scenery in respect of target definitions made by the mission designer.

A textual report lists destroyed scenery object types and statistics. Based on the assessment results the mission designer might trigger additional actions.

This feature takes advantage of the exported and grouped Caucasus map objects, e.g. the Tuapse Oil Refinery complex.

A respective mission is planned to be released. Currently a mission "Winter Bridgehead" was added to demo the Battle Damage Assessment feature on 3 bridges to be destroyed. More missions to come!

Therefore I would like to invite you to download the new version and check out the added features.

Please delete the existing application v0.9

Your settings and user account should be ported over automatically.

Direct Download

Get Started

getstarted.html

- The one-click installer sets up everything in seconds.

- Proper integration is monitored and renewed after an update automatically.

- Download compatible missions from a curated library, select them in DCS World and get ready for takeoff instantly.

- Control the persistence from within the mission.

Create and Share Content

getcreative.html

- Easily convert regular missions and campaigns to use full power of damage persistence.

- No scripting required.

- Be invited to share your creations with others.

Happy weekend,

Happy flying

Project Dynamism