Cannot remap Thrust for VIRPIL throttle

FoxTrotAlpha691

After updating today I cannot rebind the Thrust axis command on my Virpil throttle. I saw in the changelog that we would need to rebind that control but as you can see in the pic the Thrust command looks greyed out compared to the other commands. Any advice is appreciated, and yes I did unplug the throttle and plug it back in again. While DCS was down and then restarted DCS and the result was the same. The Thrust command cannot be bound at this point.

wtf.thumb.JPG.f485d5bab8e6fdc83754d1ab85f95dc9.JPG

if it doesn't hurt, you can delete the diff.lua file for your virpil in saved game

if you know how to edit diff.lua, please open it using npp, and find ["name"] = "Thrust" in ["axisDiffs"] section, and remove the thrust binding

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

if it doesn't hurt, you can delete the diff.lua file for your virpil in saved game

if you know how to edit diff.lua, please open it using npp, and find ["name"] = "Thrust" in ["axisDiffs"] section, and remove the thrust binding

Thanks for the response, I deleted that lua then reloaded my backup lua for the throttle and it works fine now.

I also have an issue with throttle after update. Other modules still work fine, but the JF-17 throttle axis does not work. I also noted that each controller had the default mapping of joy_x (I believe that is correct) and I know I have deleted those default mappings. I then deleted these mappings in the interface and remapped it on my throttle - still a no go. What happened to the JF-17 throttle axis?

I also have an issue with throttle after update. Other modules still work fine, but the JF-17 throttle axis does not work. I also noted that each controller had the default mapping of joy_x (I believe that is correct) and I know I have deleted those default mappings. I then deleted these mappings in the interface and remapped it on my throttle - still a no go. What happened to the JF-17 throttle axis?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=283573

Thx, yes I saw that from uboats posts on the subject. While I might get some time to edit the lua file, I do NOT have time, nor should I have to, remap my entire throttle. I am asking what happened to the JF-17 throttle here? Other modules still work fine as I noted. Will there be a hotfix to reverse this issue?

EDIT: Is this because of all the new axis that were created for the jet?

EDIT 2: Wait, I see that in the notes we HAVE to rebind our joystick?!!!! First, I think this is meant for throttle device since the wheel brakes and throttle axis were "fixed". They worked fine before, what was fixed? And wow, one small line in the notes to state that we must rebind? That is generally a huge effort for a lot of people. I personally have very little free time, and now I have to spend it rebinding the throttle device? Or maybe just fly other jets... Arrgh.

Edited by hlfritz

Thx, yes I saw that from uboats posts on the subject. While I might get some time to edit the lua file, I do NOT have time, nor should I have to, remap my entire throttle. I am asking what happened to the JF-17 throttle here? Other modules still work fine as I noted. Will there be a hotfix to reverse this issue?

EDIT: Is this because of all the new axis that were created for the jet?

EDIT 2: Wait, I see that in the notes we HAVE to rebind our joystick?!!!! First, I think this is meant for throttle device since the wheel brakes and throttle axis were "fixed". They worked fine before, what was fixed? And wow, one small line in the notes to state that we must rebind? That is generally a huge effort for a lot of people. I personally have very little free time, and now I have to spend it rebinding the throttle device? Or maybe just fly other jets... Arrgh.

It’s only the two binds, if you saw joystick they probably meant any usb device or the LUA file location

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

No, I tried rebinding in the UI interface. No go. I deleted what was there and did the rebind thing. It detected the axis, but thrust did not work. I will look at the lua file when I get a chance, but I am a bit miffed that it does not work and I could not fly the Thunder in our group session last night (because of course I did not know it was not going to work after the update).

I would really like to understand why this change was made. Something to "fix" the ID's.

Thank you. So yes, as I suspected due to adding all those other axis. Why not just keep the same ID's for the throttle and brakes and make the new axis the new IDs?

Failing the ability to do that (why are you not able to do so?) how about a better warning (post in the forums maybe?) and workaround rather than just one line in the release notes and saying you have to remap your joystick? Please? You guys (Deka) are so awesome at this stuff so far.