[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] Departure Warning Tone

Ahmed

Hi,

I am aware that the team has way bigger priorities currently, but I noticed that the departure warning tone logic in DCS doesn't seem to match the real specification. I'm posting it in case it can get reported.

I tested in DCS with flaps FULL and the warning came at 12º AOA as a constant speed/frequency/rate beeping sound that doesn't increase its beeping speed/frequency/rate as the AOA is increased. I've never heard the tone increasing the beeping frequency or becoming constant.

Shouldn't the logic be:

Flaps UP: Constant (not beeping) tone above 35º AOA and below -7º AOA

Flas HALF: Beeping tone starting at 15º AOA and increasing beeping frequency until constant tone at or above 35º AOA

Flaps FULL: Beeping starting at 12º AOA and increasing frequency until constant tone at or above 32º AOA

Also, I never noticed the yaw rate tone in DCS (beeping at 40º/second yaw rate and increasing frequency until constant at 60º/second yaw rate, unless the AOA is out of the limits above and the AOA tone is playing)

Easy to reproduce but can attach a track if needed.

Also, I attach a video (of definitely a different version/lot) but that seems to have the same specification of the tones as above.

Regards,

Edited by Ahmed

• 1 year later...