3rd unanounced helicopter speculation

QuiGon

Hi,

ok, first this topic here states 3rd Aannounced helicopter speculations.

Panavia Tornado family is not a helicopter, otherwise the officials I talked to of the company would have told me that it is a VTOL and well, anyhting about the Tornado will be stated in a different topic.

I can tell you here, which I will state again soon, that I have my contacts and surely talk to the right people for a Tornado product.

As I can not see anybody doing the tornado, and knowing from official side about license conditions, that we are on a good track.

Let us keep this topic to the helo specualtions.

Cheers

Sven

edit: we will give an update soon, just need to check with Olli and Pat what we want to show.

I guess if we agree on some certain news you guys might be blown away on what we work on.

Just to state things clearly beforehand, we will try to only make official claims on modules if we are getting the license form the planecompanies, or if it looks super promising.

Do to the fact that I am handelling the license talks right now, I do also know if other companies hold licenses for certain products or not. I am not revealing about other 3rd parties but I can tell you, I have talked to all the big players in the bussiness and have a good picture of what is going on

:music_whistling::music_whistling:

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

ok, first this topic here states 3rd Aannounced helicopter speculations.

Panavia Tornado family is not a helicopter, otherwise the officials I talked to of the company would have told me that it is a VTOL and well, anyhting about the Tornado will be stated in a different topic.

I can tell you here, which I will state again soon, that I have my contacts and surely talk to the right people for a Tornado product.

As I can not see anybody doing the tornado, and knowing from official side about license conditions, that we are on a good track.

Let us keep this topic to the helo specualtions.

Cheers

Sven

edit: we will give an update soon, just need to check with Olli and Pat what we want to show.

I guess if we agree on some certain news you guys might be blown away on what we work on.

Just to state things clearly beforehand, we will try to only make official claims on modules if we are getting the license form the planecompanies, or if it looks super promising.

Do to the fact that I am handelling the license talks right now, I do also know if other companies hold licenses for certain products or not. I am not revealing about other 3rd parties but I can tell you, I have talked to all the big players in the bussiness and have a good picture of what is going on

Sven, just out of curiosity why would any manufacturer have an issue with their item in a sim game? Is it political or more due to things being classified? Or is it just a copyright thing? Do they ask for compensation/payment for using their stuff?

If it's copyright I wonder if it would be acceptable to ED and the community to use fake names for some aircraft?

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

If it's copyright I wonder if it would be acceptable to ED and the community to use fake names for some aircraft?

AFAIK it could be fake names, shape, functionality, etc. You shouldn't resemble in any way the details of a product.

Copyright is a beast when you come to details.

But I'm courious also about what could be important for a manufacturer :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

AFAIK it could be fake names, shape, functionality, etc. You shouldn't resemble in any way the details of a product.

Copyright is a beast when you come to details.

But I'm courious also about what could be important for a manufacturer :)

Yea, I sorta figured that... I suppose they would wanna avoid it if they had to change all of that... it just wouldn't be the same aircraft at that point.

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

@StandingCow:

All of your questions can be answered with yes and no. It depends on the manufacturer.

I will not go into any specific details on any license negotiations. sorry to say so, but I can not and will not share bussiness internals to you or any other person outside our company or to anybody who is not involved in the license negotiations.

Therefore I have to answer with yes and no. Sorry to say so.

Cheers

Sven

@StandingCow:

All of your questions can be answered with yes and no. It depends on the manufacturer.

I will not go into any specific details on any license negotiations. sorry to say so, but I can not and will not share bussiness internals to you or any other person outside our company or to anybody who is not involved in the license negotiations.

Therefore I have to answer with yes and no. Sorry to say so.

Cheers

Sven

Ah ok, I meant overall, no specifics. It's cool, it was pure curiosity is all. :)

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Well in an overall general answer I have to answer yes and no, as before stated.

What I can tell you though is one fact. When you talk to people in that bussiness you have to know how they think and what it is all about. If you feel unsecure, let somebody else to the job of talking.

First entry is the win or loose situation.

But it depends on the company and the person on the other side too. Some are easier to handle then others.

Well in an overall general answer I have to answer yes and no, as before stated.

What I can tell you though is one fact. When you talk to people in that bussiness you have to know how they think and what it is all about. If you feel unsecure, let somebody else to the job of talking.

First entry is the win or loose situation.

But it depends on the company and the person on the other side too. Some are easier to handle then others.

Cool, thanks for the answer!

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

NH-90 Caiman?))

Do you remember that DCS is began from LO:MAC - Lock On Modern AirCraft?)))

It was "Lock On: Modern Air Combat." In any case, I'm really hoping for a tiger. We have 2 utility choppers already with two more anti-tank equipped utilities on the way. When it comes to proper attack choppers, we have a prototype Ka-50 and might at some point have a BST developed Mi-24.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

:D

NH90 has a new surname ? Never heard it before but interesting.

Well lets see, so many specualtions, maybe a poll would help to see which one the community would like to have and check which one we are negotiating ?

A poll would rather fit into a wishlist thread, not so much in a speculation thread and I'm pretty sure the most wanted Airbus helicopter would most certainly be the Tiger. ;)

But that doesn't mean it's likely to happen, or is it? :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

:D

NH90 has a new surname ? Never heard it before but interesting.

Our Aussie nh-90s are officially called MRH-90 Taipan, but I would be more interested in hearing what the guys flying them call them.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Our Aussie nh-90s are officially called MRH-90 Taipan, but I would be more interested in hearing what the guys flying them call them.

I've only spoken to one pilot about them but the words "that piece of shit" were used.

For the third helicopter developpement, what about the AS330 Puma ? Would fit perfectly with the gazelle, it's still flying nowadays all around the globe in every climates, and I don't think there would a lot of be "defense security sensitive" systems...And of course, there is plenty of documentation available for this chopper