DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Since the update I notice that the setting for discrete weapons select vs. sequential select seems to be ignored in this latest version. The profile stays on discrete selection regardless of whether the choice is set for "0" or "1". Can you reproduce this on your side?

Nice catch. When I added the SnapView options I didn't nest the decision tree properly. This is now fixed and 2.32 Hotfix 1 is available for download.

I have an issue with the Ka-50 profile after ejecting (which happens...frequently). It never works correctly afterwards. I see in the log:

Ejecting...S2 Set to CommState...Done!

Resetting GearState and profile arrays...

Done.

I see on the LED's the Rotor Brake and Landing Gear lights. I do not see Fuel Switch On lights (per my profile start settings). Everything seems normal there. However, trim does not work. Trim does not work regardless of changing or not changing Gear State. Instead of trim, I get nothing on press and then SHKVAL Uncage on release. There are other little issues as well, but this is always what I notice first. The only solution I have found is to stop the profile and run it again.

There is some legacy code that wasn't updated since 1.xx that is the culprit.

To fix, go to line 1832 in DCS_Global_Subs.tmc and replace

CommState_Off(1,2);

with

CommState_Off(1,prof,1,0,1);

That should fix the ejection issue. I'll have to look into the lights. I think all of what you say is by design, but it's been a long time since I coded those and they're intended to convey the scripting state rather than the state of the switches in-game (i.e. making sure the profile and game are in sync).

Hi Home Fries,

Really been using the A10C profile lately as well as some of the more advanced settings and I noticed something recently. No matter what, I can't seem to get the Reset Trim functionality that is defaulted to S3+H1Down (with a double tap ) to work. The padlock views all work with S3+H1Up, S3+H1L and S3+ H1R, and even the TrackIR pause and unpause are working fine, but no matter what, the Trim Reset doesn't. When I press those keys, the game just adjusts trim downward. I checked the bindings and I think its set properly. The binding is currently listed under Thrustmaster Combined as JOY_BTN30 + JOY_BTN32 + JOY_BTN_POV1_D (pic attached).

I'm trying to duplicate this error, but I'll need some information on your setup.

1. I'm assuming since you have TrackIR that you're using Head Tracking Hardware set to 1. Is this correct?
  2. Cougar or Warthog?
  3. What is your setting for TEMPO - DoubleTap (in the Timing Values - TEMPO category)? I don't think this is the issue because you can unpause TrackIR, but just covering bases.
  4. Do you still get this issue even after pausing/unpausing TrackIR?
  5. Do you start the script with the A-10C as default, or do you switch into it from a different profile? If you start with the A-10C, do you still get the issue when you switch to a different profile, load that profile, then switch back to the A-10C?
  6. If you do start with a different profile, which profile do you start with by default?

Edited by Home Fries

Hi HomeFries, here are the answers to your questions.

I'm assuming since you have TrackIR that you're using Head Tracking Hardware set to 1. Is this correct? Yes, that is correct

Cougar or Warthog? Warthog

What is your setting for TEMPO - DoubleTap (in the Timing Values - TEMPO category)? I don't think this is the issue because you can unpause TrackIR, but just covering bases. I am not home at the moment so I will need to check when I get back but I don't recall ever changing that value from the default.

Do you still get this issue even after pausing/unpausing TrackIR? Yes, pausing and then unpausing the TrackIR did not seem to influence this behavior.

Do you start the script with the A-10C as default, or do you switch into it from a different profile? If you start with the A-10C, do you still get the issue when you switch to a different profile, load that profile, then switch back to the A-10C? I have the A10C set as my default profile. I have never tried to switch profiles and then back again. Will test that and report back my findings.

If you do start with a different profile, which profile do you start with by default? I always start with the A10C profile as my default profile

Madmatt

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

Hi HomeFries, here are the answers to your questions.

I'm assuming since you have TrackIR that you're using Head Tracking Hardware set to 1. Is this correct? Yes, that is correct

Cougar or Warthog? Warthog

What is your setting for TEMPO - DoubleTap (in the Timing Values - TEMPO category)? I don't think this is the issue because you can unpause TrackIR, but just covering bases. I am not home at the moment so I will need to check when I get back but I don't recall ever changing that value from the default.

Do you still get this issue even after pausing/unpausing TrackIR? Yes, pausing and then unpausing the TrackIR did not seem to influence this behavior.

Do you start the script with the A-10C as default, or do you switch into it from a different profile? If you start with the A-10C, do you still get the issue when you switch to a different profile, load that profile, then switch back to the A-10C? I have the A10C set as my default profile. I have never tried to switch profiles and then back again. Will test that and report back my findings.

If you do start with a different profile, which profile do you start with by default? I always start with the A10C profile as my default profile

Madmatt

Thanks, Madmatt.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. What I thought was a bug was simply the switch to POV when pausing TrackIR. I can actuate Trim Reset in the Options menu, though I haven't had the opportunity to test in-game.

It looks like your controller settings are correct, so I'm not sure. Can you actuate in Options menu but not in-game? If so I may need to lengthen the keystroke.

Edited by Home Fries

Was able to check my CTS settings and test some more today in-game.

My TEMPO DoubleTap was set 350 which is the default value.

When I go into the controls bindings, if I hold S3 plus Double Tap Trim Switch Down (H1D), it does register as the command to reset trim in the key bindings, however when playing, this combo does not work and trim is not reset.

What is interesting to me is that this same combo (S3+H1D doubletap) does work to unpause the TrackIR when it is paused. I also checked to see if the default trim reset keystrokes in the game function (LCTL+T) work, and they do. Holding LCTL+T will reset the trim. Perhaps as you said, lengthening the keystroke duration would work.

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt_BFC

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

duplicate posting

Edited by Madmatt_BFC
spelling

Was able to check my CTS settings and test some more today in-game.

My TEMPO DoubleTap was set 350 which is the default value.

When I go into the controls bindings, if I hold S3 plus Double Tap Trim Switch Down (H1D), it does register as the command to reset trim in the key bindings, however when playing, this combo does not work and trim is not reset.

What is interesting to me is that this same combo (S3+H1D doubletap) does work to unpause the TrackIR when it is paused. I also checked to see if the default trim reset keystrokes in the game function (LCTL+T) work, and they do. Holding LCTL+T will reset the trim. Perhaps as you said, lengthening the keystroke duration would work.

Madmatt

Thanks, Madmatt. That's very helpful indeed!

Madmatt,

I may have a workaround for you. Please try setting the TEMPO DoubleTap value to 400 instead of 350 and let me know the outcome. I'm curious to hear if it works.

Here's the logic: you can DoubleTap the TrackIR commands because there is a logic flag on a 350ms timer, and when the flag is active you get a discrete actuation. With the trim centering logic, it's much more primitive in that releasing the hat activates DX32 for 350ms, and you need to press S3+H1D quickly enough again to have DX32 active when the DX30+H1D command is actuated. Since the default keystroke pulse is 50ms, you essentially need to DoubleTap within 300ms. I'll look at replacing the existing routine with a separate logic flag, but this may be why DoubleTap works for TrackIR and not for Trim Reset.

Like I said, I'd really like to know if it works for you.

Madmatt,

I may have a workaround for you. Please try setting the TEMPO DoubleTap value to 400 instead of 350 and let me know the outcome. I'm curious to hear if it works.

Here's the logic: you can DoubleTap the TrackIR commands because there is a logic flag on a 350ms timer, and when the flag is active you get a discrete actuation. With the trim centering logic, it's much more primitive in that releasing the hat activates DX32 for 350ms, and you need to press S3+H1D quickly enough again to have DX32 active when the DX30+H1D command is actuated. Since the default keystroke pulse is 50ms, you essentially need to DoubleTap within 300ms. I'll look at replacing the existing routine with a separate logic flag, but this may be why DoubleTap works for TrackIR and not for Trim Reset.

Like I said, I'd really like to know if it works for you.

It did not work. I even tried increasing the TEMPO Doubletap value all the way up to 550ms but it still does not work.

When I check the controls bindings, as before, if I hold S3 and doubletap H1D, on the first tap it shows the command registering as Trim Nose Up and then on the second tap it highlights the Reset Trim command. So DCS seems to show it mapped correctly, but in the cockpit, it does not work.

Madmatt

Any way to change the volume of the "Suppress Speech on Init" or "speech enable on aircraft cycle" ?

Unfortunately, no. The WAV player I use does not have command line volume control, and I increased the sound by 13db so you could hear the voice over jet noise when in-game.

It did not work. I even tried increasing the TEMPO Doubletap value all the way up to 550ms but it still does not work.

When I check the controls bindings, as before, if I hold S3 and doubletap H1D, on the first tap it shows the command registering as Trim Nose Up and then on the second tap it highlights the Reset Trim command. So DCS seems to show it mapped correctly, but in the cockpit, it does not work.

Madmatt

I'll have to look at this next week. I've just been way to busy with RL lately.

Dear Home,

Any chance of developing a profile for the Mig 19 ? It seems to be a forgotten plane. Nobody made any TM Warthog profile for it. I bought this puppy on launch and still on ground since no profile for it. F-14 took all the love from the community.

Maybe a donation is needed for helping to buy the aircraft?

Thanks!

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

There is still work to do on Razbam side, many Funktions need Key assignments.

On home Fries side he want to finish the f-14 profile first, needs some finishing touches.

Edit:

I bought this puppy on launch and still on ground since no profile for it.

You can use the the Direkt X Profile for Mig-19. map the few things for this bird and save the Profile.

Edited by JanRalle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi fellas,

I've been super busy with real life over the last few months, with any free time I had working on (and playtesting ;) ) the Tomcat profile. Things have eased up a bit, so I can start entertaining requests.

I don't yet have the MiG-19, but this is something where if there is the demand and donations I would be happy to purchase the MiG and build a profile. Here's my donation link. I will only use it for what you specifically request, and if the threshold is met or I cannot accomodate your request I will refund the amount.

Best,

HF

I'm probably late to the game but thanks a lot "Home Fries" for these Target profiles!

I hesitated a long time before installing them because my first attempt with Target left me with unusable controls in DCS...

This weekend, I decided to give it a try, following carefully your excellent documentation.... and it works GREAT!!!!

:clap_2: :clap_2: :clap_2:

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Hi Home Fries,

Really been using the A10C profile lately as well as some of the more advanced settings and I noticed something recently. No matter what, I can't seem to get the Reset Trim functionality that is defaulted to S3+H1Down (with a double tap ) to work. The padlock views all work with S3+H1Up, S3+H1L and S3+ H1R, and even the TrackIR pause and unpause are working fine, but no matter what, the Trim Reset doesn't. When I press those keys, the game just adjusts trim downward. I checked the bindings and I think its set properly. The binding is currently listed under Thrustmaster Combined as JOY_BTN30 + JOY_BTN32 + JOY_BTN_POV1_D (pic attached).

If I use the game default of LControl+T, trim does reset correctly.

Any ideas?

I really love CTS and am using it daily and am astounded by all the functionality you have built into these profiles. Thanks for all your hard work.

Madmatt

Madmatt,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this, but I haven't been able to duplicate the error. Using the DirectX commands works fine when I test. I use TrackIR with hat switch set to trim like you have.

Only other thing I can recommend is watching the stick in-game when you try to center trim. let me know if it does two down trims in quick succession instead of a quick down-trim and then center. Also, be sure you're holding down S3 while you double tap down to reset trim (I know this is what you've been doing, but it's worth emphasizing).

Madmatt,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this, but I haven't been able to duplicate the error. Using the DirectX commands works fine when I test. I use TrackIR with hat switch set to trim like you have.

Only other thing I can recommend is watching the stick in-game when you try to center trim. let me know if it does two down trims in quick succession instead of a quick down-trim and then center. Also, be sure you're holding down S3 while you double tap down to reset trim (I know this is what you've been doing, but it's worth emphasizing).

It does two down trims and never resets. I am indeed holding down S3. As I mentioned before, even when I check the bindings and hold S3 and do a doubletap Hat1 down, it does register that as a Reset Trim command in the command binding screen, but back in the cockpit that command is still seen as two down trims and no reset. I am seeing the same in all aircraft profiles that have trim commands.

Likewise, the TrackIR pause and unpause commands which use S3 Hold plus H1D down long and S3 Hold and H1D doubletap still work fine.

It does two down trims and never resets. I am indeed holding down S3. As I mentioned before, even when I check the bindings and hold S3 and do a doubletap Hat1 down, it does register that as a Reset Trim command in the command binding screen, but back in the cockpit that command is still seen as two down trims and no reset. I am seeing the same in all aircraft profiles that have trim commands.

Please upload a copy of your DCS World.tmc file so that I can test with your configuration.

File attached.

I tested with this same .tmc file a few minutes ago and trim reset was still not working. All in-game bindings and modifiers were created and checked. I also doublechecked the Windows Joystick panel and only devices listed are Thrustmaster Combined and my Crosswind rudder pedals.

One other thing that I noticed in the past week or so (and not sure it's related as this had worked before), but I also noticed that my TriggerZoom functionality stopped working as well. I haven't dug too deep into the settings for this but figured I would mention it all the same as I didn't make any changes to it.

Madmatt

DCS_World.zip

Edited by Madmatt_BFC

One other thing that I noticed in the past week or so (and not sure it's related as this had worked before), but I also noticed that my TriggerZoom functionality stopped working as well. I haven't dug too deep into the settings for this but figured I would mention it all the same as I didn't make any changes to it.

I just tested using your config file and was able to center trim with no issues. I also compared your file with the one I use for a primary test platform, and I didn't notice any major differences in configuration. I'm not sure what the issue is. Your TriggerZoom datapoint is also interesting, but I'm not sure what the connection is, if any.

I'm putting the bug report on hold; in the meantime I would just use Control+t. :(

Edited by Home Fries

CTS 2.33 is now available. It fixes the issue with resetting the Ka-50 after ejection, makes improvements to the Tomcat profile, and makes the AJS-37 Viggen compatible with the Openbeta.

I normally try to time my releases alongside DCS Stable releases, but in this case I didn't want to hold back the features any longer. If you run the DCS Stable release and FunkyFranky's keybinding mod, don't update the version included in this pack until the latest beta is released as stable. Similarly, stable release users may need to remap the Tomcat ICS/UHF mic switches by hand since the new version uses SRS Only/No Menu variants only available in the Openbeta.

I decided to clear out all my controller settings, rebuild the script and rebind everything fresh from inside DCS.

So, I figured out the issue with the Trigger Zoom. Apparently TARGET seemed to get out of synch with my actual landing gear status and once I got that synched up so it knew my real wheels status, suddenly Trigger Zoom started working again. One interesting data point was that during the time it wasn't working, the LEFT MFD right LED was not flashing when I tried to activate Trigger Zoom. Now that that its working in game, the LED does blink again as it should which Trigger Zoom is activated.

However, although the issue with Trigger Zoom is resolved, I still can not get Trim Reset to function properly. All other Hold S3 (TEMPO LONG) combo controls work for whatever reason, but this does not. As you said, I am just using the default key commands for the time being. In reality this isn't a command I would normally use very often, just odd that it seems to be the one command that for whatever reason isn't working for me. Would it be worth the effort for you to send me your primary test config, that I could load and test with? Might be interesting to see if that works or not.

Anyway, thanks for looking into my report.

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt_BFC