Re-install of Beat 2.5

Harmer

Just recently my DCS Beta 2.5 has developed a major crash situation.

The only thing I can do in Beta is join a MP server.

I get a crash on:

Training missions.

Player missions.

Trying to run a mission from within the ME.

Trying to host a server.

I have no such problems with DCS Release, which is on the same SSD.

So, looks like a complete wipe and re-install of Beta.

I presume all my HOTAS settings will be ok, as they are saved separately on my main drive?

Any tips from those that have done this lately?

I'd make a backup copy of control settings and your logbook if you want to keep it.

Have you done a repair on your beta version?

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Is there anything in your DCS log file that points for example to and "access violation"?

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Bugger :noexpression:, that's not good then. just be mindful of Star Force DRM stuff.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Yes, I've done a repair.

My graphics driver is up to date.

The only mods I have are skins.

Can't spot any access violations in the log.

If the cause ofvthe crashes is within your /saved games/dcs.openbeta/ then a re-install will acomplish nothing ... so, I suggest that you do a test first:

Rename /saved games/dcs.openbeta/ to dcs.openbeta.bak ... now restart DCS and the sim will create a new default /saved games/dcs.openbeta folder ... now, test rhe sim .. you will have to bind the controls again, so restrict the test to your most used aircraft.

If now the game works well, then you will know that the crash cause was on saved games .. now exit dcs and copy back from the dcs.openbeta.bal folder the following:

Dcs.openbeta.bak/config ... to recover your control and view settings.

Dcs.openbeta.bak/mission editor ... to recover your logbook and campaign status

Try dcs again ... if it still working good, then you may recover other items, like dcs.openbeta.bak/missions and dcs.openbeta.bak/screenshots ... etc.

Hope that will solve the issue. Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB