[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

I haven't used this in a few years, so not sure if it still works. But check this out: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=123893

oh, wow. Thank you!

DCS: Black Shark 1 orig. DVD, Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, Combined Arms, A-10C, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy, WWII Assets Pack

RiG: i7 7700k@5GHz watercooled, 16GB DDR@4133MHz, Asus Maximus IX Apex, 2x 240GB M.2 SSDs @ RAID0, Asus ROG Strix 1070OC 8GB @1950MHz, 34" Asus Curved UWQHD 100Hz, 24"Samsung TFT, HTC Vive, 2x8" LCDs@TM CougarMFDs, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PCDash2, Belkin N52te Nostromo, Logitech G900, G910 + G933 Snow, TrackIR5

CS: Hawkeye

• 3 months later...
i got my 2 LCD MFD´s running fine on the Warthog.

when i swap over to the Eagle, F-15C, left MFD shows only the vertical situation display, and right MFD is empty.

What has to be done, to get the Eagle´s MFD (MPCD) on left MFD, and perhaps the TEWS Display on right MFD?

Or is this impossible?

Thanks

Cheers

Did you get this sorted? I have same issue really, can't export right mfcd on any a/c I have. All other mfcd's export fine.

R5 2600 @4.2 GHZ, 16GB ram @ 3133, 1060 6GB at 2100 and 4400 970 Evo, TM16000M FCS Flight Pack and old eyes. Just an old Hillbilly that does what he wants when he wants...if I can get out of bed!

• 2 months later...

Hi gents. Is there a way to viewport not exact instruments, but to create a viewport in a way, for example to take a view from point 0.5 meters below normal head position in direction forward, 30 degrees wide and send that to second monitor?

What I want to achieve is to have a big portion of the dashboard on the second monitor without trying to compile it from separate instruments. It would be whole instruments of F-14 without the side switch consoles.

If it is possible, what would be the FPS impact on really marginal system (compared to helios/ikarus, which are not yet compatible with F-14, and the method of viewporting all the instruments)?

Thanks

i7 2.8GHz, 8GB ram, GTX1050Ti, all in a gaming laptop, The screens would be 2x FullHD, one of them through USB

It's not possible using DCS viewports. They are for specific components of the cockpit.

But maybe using some screen capture tool... And I would expect a serious FPS hit. But IDK really...

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

It's not possible using DCS viewports. They are for specific components of the cockpit.

But maybe using some screen capture tool... And I would expect a serious FPS hit. But IDK really...

Thanks, screen capture will probably not help, because it would not really be a duplicate of any part of the first screen. I guess my options are to wait for ikarus/helios to create profile, create it by my own, or do it via separate viewports, which may be more FPS hungry.

I use helios. You can start with a working profile and delete stuff, and move stuff around to fit your needs. It's a bit of a learning curve. But here's some tutorials.

And others..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I use helios. You can start with a working profile and delete stuff, and move stuff around to fit your needs. It's a bit of a learning curve. But here's some tutorials.

And others..

My only problem is, there is no working profile for F-14 for Helios for now, so I guess I would have to start from scratch

EDIT: I've found a thread where cpt zeen is working on one, so this will be solved shortly. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello! can someone give a foxy profile or target for a cougar under f18 thanks in advance! if possible in a personal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:joystick::pilotfly::thumbup:

Windows: Windows 10

Memory (RAM): 32 Gb

CPU Info: Ryzen 7 1700X

Display Adapters: RTX 2080 SUPER

Fritreck

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

• 2 months later...

I have my (2) MFCD's set up on new second monitor, thanks to this thread and PeterP's tutorial document. Can someone tell me proper code name to add AMPCD to display? I tried replacing "RIGHT_MFCD" with "AMPCD" in lua file, but it didn't work. Hope that question makes sense . . .

Thanks!

HOMEBREW RIG:

MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Mobo, Ryzen 7 3.9 GHz octo-core, 32 GB RAM, GeForce 1660 Ti, 512 GB Rocket NVMe SSD, 4 TB HDD, Oculus Quest 128 GB, Warthog HOTAS & Pedals (finally!!)

MODULES:

F/A-18C Hornet, Persian Gulf Map, Nevada Test Range Map

I have my (2) MFCD's set up on new second monitor, thanks to this thread and PeterP's tutorial document. Can someone tell me proper code name to add AMPCD to display? I tried replacing "RIGHT_MFCD" with "AMPCD" in lua file, but it didn't work. Hope that question makes sense . . .

Thanks!

Try

CENTER_MFCD

• Like 2

That got it. Now if I could just figure out kneeboard code IF it's possible. I really wanted external aircraft camera view included on my second screen, but poster in another thread has me convinced that particular option isn't possible. :(

Not sure about kneeboard, but at least I have the 3 primary MFCD's now. Thank you!!!!!

~Vol

HOMEBREW RIG:

MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Mobo, Ryzen 7 3.9 GHz octo-core, 32 GB RAM, GeForce 1660 Ti, 512 GB Rocket NVMe SSD, 4 TB HDD, Oculus Quest 128 GB, Warthog HOTAS & Pedals (finally!!)

MODULES:

F/A-18C Hornet, Persian Gulf Map, Nevada Test Range Map

• 1 month later...

Is there a Helios tutorial/video somewhere to export the MFDs and some gauges (no Fuel gauge available?) to two Lilliput 600x800 monitors with TM OSB bezels on them? I can get the MFDs and gauges positions fine, they run in Helios Control Panel w/o error, but no MFDs in-game and no data to the gauges. I've tried setting the in-game resolution to 2560x2240 (Main monitor is 2560x1440, two 8" lilliputs (portrait 600x800) and it "squashes/stretches" the main screen, makes the menus a PITA to see, and still no MFDs or gauge output. Also, there is no F-16 Interface choice, is that needed? Here is where I am --

Helios DCS Viper Profile.jpg

Helios Running.jpg

Edited by GaryR

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

OK, I installed the Capt. Zeen F-16 profile and removed all the images and placed the MFDs from under the "F-16 Simulator Viewpoints" tab into my two 8: lilliput monitors. Cleared all the errors in Display and Interface, saved, now I have perfect MFDs in sim but the gauges (shown above) I placed do not work. I added the EHSI gauge below the RMFD from under the "F-16 Simulator Viewpoints" tab and IT works perfectly. I want to add most of the gauges shown above but Zeen's profile and the gauges it uses are in .png format while the F-16 gauges are in .htpl formal, is there a way to get all Zeen's images into Helios, of help ne get the existing ones to function please?

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

• 8 months later...
On 10/3/2021 at 3:03 PM, malarcky said:

Hi, where is that ICP from? I am looking for one, thanks. Also, what are the monitors too? Thanks.

The ICP was from a guy named Sebastion, i'll look for his contact info. The 8" monitors are Lilliput UM80 Touchscreens but I found the "touch" part unsatisfactory so I added the TM bezels to them using double-sided tape, work MUCH better..