start up questions

fitness88

After starting right engine idle to 65% I hear "go left go left" + "flight controls flight controls"

I finish the rest of my start up and as I taxi I again hear "flight controls flight controls" but I don't see indicators flashing/warning. Once in the air I don't hear it any more.

What is going on?

Thank you

The first "roll left roll left, deedle deedle, flight controls flight controls" is just the system testing itself and will happen every start up.

Don't know what the taxi thing is about, did you do an FCS reset during the start up?

After starting right engine idle to 65% I hear "go left go left" + "flight controls flight controls"

What is going on?

During the startup, the Mission Computer 1 performs a configuration test as soon as the Generator comes on line, during this test the GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System)is tested and emits the voice alert "ROLL LEFT, ROLL LEFT"

The other alert is when an FCS caution is raised ( except CHECK TRIM, FCS, NWS, FC AIR DAT, G-LIM OVRD, or R-LIM OFF), the event is accompanied by a “flight controls, flight controls” voice alert.

I love the attention to detail that ED has give to the F-18, hope the remaining systems will have a similar standard :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

During the startup, the Mission Computer 1 performs a configuration test as soon as the Generator comes on line, during this test the GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System)is tested and emits the voice alert "ROLL LEFT, ROLL LEFT"

The other alert is when an FCS caution is raised ( except CHECK TRIM, FCS, NWS, FC AIR DAT, G-LIM OVRD, or R-LIM OFF), the event is accompanied by a “flight controls, flight controls” voice alert.

I love the attention to detail that ED has give to the F-18, hope the remaining systems will have a similar standard :)

Looks like I'm going to have to give up my day jobsmartass.gif

The FCS definitely has a few "no goes, degrad" showing listed on the FCS page.

Are the warning panel and FCS the only place to look for system issues?

Thanks all.

I noticed that if I forget to press the FCS RST button during the startup, I get the "flight controls" warning when I start taxi. Maybe that's what's happening?

Btw, nice to see you here fitness88. I remember you back from the Jane's F/A-18 days! :)

WOW...you have a great memory! I do somewhat remember Efreet...we've come a long way, back with the F/A-18. Were you from Australia?

Thanks I'll do a test with the FCS RST, where in the sequence did you do it?

Edited by fitness88

I noticed that if I forget to press the FCS RST button during the startup, I get the "flight controls" warning when I start taxi. Maybe that's what's happening?

Btw, nice to see you here fitness88. I remember you back from the Jane's F/A-18 days! :)

Yes this is what was causing it...thanks again.

• 3 months later...
Yes this is what was causing it...thanks again.

Great to hear you got it working, fitness88! :thumbup:

I'm not from Australia though, but Sweden. And yeah, we've come a long way. When Jane's F/A-18 started to slowly die, I found it highly unlikely that we'd ever see a hi-end learning sim with carrier ops again! SO happy I was wrong about that! :book:

Great to hear you got it working, fitness88! :thumbup:

I'm not from Australia though, but Sweden. And yeah, we've come a long way. When Jane's F/A-18 started to slowly die, I found it highly unlikely that we'd ever see a hi-end learning sim with carrier ops again! SO happy I was wrong about that! :book:

I was referring to Efreet. Yes this is a real brain challenge for sure and enjoying it.