Is it possible

BlacleyCole

Well thangs to fee he corrected my errors on my forward operating base mission and got everything moving that he was aware that need to move. The one limitation was the speedboat only moving for an hour as I recall.

My next thing involves friendlys arriving by air, ground vehicle or ship. I would like to reactivity the speed boat since the helo will fly as long as it has fuel. I might reactivate it but I’m not seeing the mission going over 3.5 hours. After that I want to get the walking patrols going but I expect the same code for the motorized patrol should work. After that we will be looking in to defensive actions from the patrols and watchtowers and any other defensive items I include .

After the defensive position is achieved I’m thinking of adding a mash action based where when a helo comes inbound with wounded on board a Jeep or two and a couple of ambulances depart the hospital tent compound to the helo pads wait until the helo shuts down then aseversl figure rush to the helo grab a wounded individuals some a.m. layoff some not lose them in the ambulances then head back to the tent were the disappear.

I think these are nice touches.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

All units should automatically engage hostiles if they approach. Friendly infantry will go prone and the vehicle and towers will attack targets in range. If fired on, the vehicle will pull off of its route for 10 minutes by default and hold position. If you're looking for something more advanced, you can create another trigger to push them off their patrol when X event occurs to another waypoint, then back to their patrol route when it's over.

For the boat, just add more waypoints. There's nothing more advanced we can do with boat behavior yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the pipeline now that we have a healthy number of naval units and the PG map.

For the MEDEVAC stuff: you can make it look like that's happening but you're basically just going to be writing a ton of triggers to fake it. Set a flag when the alleged rescue has occured. Check for that flag being true and the helo being on the pad with a combination of UNIT'S SPEED LOWER THAN and UNIT'S ALTITUDE LOWER THAN. Spawn infantry at tents, have them run to ambulances, despawn infantry, have ambulances drive to FARP and hold with GROUP STOP, spawn another group of infantry, have them run to the pad and back, despawn, then have the ambulance drive back to the medical tent with GROUP RESUME.

Ok for the first part it will occur as is the Medivac went over my head I’ll have to read up on it if it’s in the manual or do I need to look into moose, mist or ctld?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

You won't find anything that explains exactly how to do that; this is basically using a bunch of simple default functions strung together to make it look like something more elaborate is happening.

So you go pick up your wounded guy. Create a custom radio trigger (RADIO ITEM ADD) which adds an option to pick up the casualty when the player reaches the pickup point (UNIT INSIDE ZONE, UNIT'S SPEED LOWER THAN, UNIT'S ALTITUDE LOWER THAN) When you activate the radio trigger, it will set a flag true; this is a default function of radio items.

When that flag is true, meaning the player has picked up the casualty, remove the radio item (RADIO ITEM REMOVE)

When that player is back at the FARP (UNIT INSIDE ZONE, UNIT'S SPEED LOWER THAN, UNIT'S ALTITUDE LOWER THAN) and the casualty has been picked up (FLAG IS TRUE) you can start the rest of the process.

You will need:

1. an ambulance with a route to the FARP and back. Create a GROUP AI OFF trigger with no condition to prevent the ambulance from moving at the start of the mission.

2. a group of late activated infantry with a route that starts at the medical tent and ends at the ambulance

3. a second group of late activated infantry that start at the FARP where the ambulance stops, with a route to the FARP pad and back

4. if desired, a third group of infantry that start at the ambulance parking area with a route back to the tent

5. A trigger zone at the ambulance parking area, a trigger zone where the ambulance stops at the FARP, a trigger zone next to the helo pads, and a trigger zone at the medical tent

When the player lands at the FARP with the casualty on board (FLAG IS TRUE, UNIT INSIDE ZONE, UNIT'S SPEED LOWER THAN, UNIT'S ALTITUDE LOWER THAN) activate the first group of infantry. They will spawn and run to the ambulance.

When the infantry reaches the ambulance parking area (PART OF GROUP IN ZONE) use GROUP DEACTIVATE to despawn the infantry. Use GROUP AI ON to cause the ambulance to begin its route

When the ambulance reaches the FARP (PART OF GROUP IN ZONE) use a GROUP STOP trigger to cause it to hold position and activate your second group of infantry. They will spawn, run their route to the FARP.

Use PART OF GROUP IN ZONE to detect when the second group of infantry arrives at the helo pads. Set a flag true to mark this event occuring.

Detect when the second group of infantry returns to the ambulance after running to the helo pads (FLAG IS TRUE, PART OF GROUP IN ZONE) and use GROUP DEACTIVATE to despawn them. Use GROUP RESUME to cause the ambulance to head back to the medical tent.

When the ambulance reaches the medical tent with the casualty (FLAG IS TRUE, PART OF GROUP IN ZONE) activate your third and final group of infantry that run from the ambulance parking area to the medical tent. When the third group of infantry reaches the tent (PART OF GROUP IN ZONE) deactivate them.

All together -

You fly to an area and pick up a casualty using the F10. Other radio menu.

You land at the FARP. A group of infantry runs to an ambulance, disappears, and the ambulance drives to the FARP. Soldiers "exit" the ambulance and run to the pad, then return to the ambulance and deactivate.

The ambulance turns around and drives back to the tent.

A group of infantry "exit" the ambulance and run to the medical tent, then deactivate.

To the player, it appears as though the events you've described have transpired, though actually it's just a series of events of things moving from point A to point B; this is basically how you have to think to make complex ideas happen in the mission editor...try to break concepts down to their most basic steps and it will become clear what you need to do to make them happen.

I was thinking of a trigger when the huey is coming in to one of the two pads up on the hill or he makes a radio call stating his heading in with casualties then they mobilize up to the pad he lands the walk up to helo then appear with stretcher and carry it to amblance(s) then the ambulance head for the tent compound where the stretcher barriers carry the casualties into the tent end of situation until next helo arrives

Fee I hate to ask this but can you map out the op with out actually writing it but tell me how to write it I’m new and not aware of all the commands/options in me and unless I have to not ready to get into moose,ctld, mist or any other script addon I wish to learn the basic me abilities first.

Are you up to helping/mentoring me fee?

Since I finally got airborne again I noticed the fob didny have a radio freq In the comm menu so I could request takeoff ets I need to add two command setups one for the fob the other or the mash unit. How do you do that?

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

That's pretty much what that last post is; it's a list of the names of conditions and triggered actions you need to use. Everything in caps is what you'll find, verbatim, in the ME. Just get in there and experiment a little bit with the specifics.

For your FARP, you can set the radio frequency and callsign by clicking on it in the Mission Editor at which point you should be able to use the normal ATC menu. 127.500 is the default frequency if I'm not mistaken.

For the custom radio items, no radio frequency is required; they are just text added to the menu that the player can select. If you wish to write a line of dialogue and have the message appear on a particular frequency only, you can set AI to transmit a radio message in the same menu where you set up the waypoint switching.

As an example, for the first radio trigger to pick up the casualty. Let's say the trigger zone where the casualty is located is called CasualtyZone, and the ground is 50 meters above sea level. The group of infantry with the stretcher is called CasualtyGroup.

To add the radio item:

Type:

1 ONCE (Add pickup message, NO EVENT)

Conditions:

UNIT INSIDE ZONE (Huey1, CasualtyZone)

UNIT'S SPEED LOWER THAN (Huey1, 1)

UNIT'S ALTITUDE LOWER THAN (Huey1, 51)

Triggered Actions:

RADIO ITEM ADD ('Pick up casualties', 100, 1)

This puts the option to Pick up casualties in the "F10. Other" radio menu the player sees when they press the mic switch. When that custom radio item is selected, flag 100 will increase by a value of 1 (as you may remember from before, any value greater than 0 is also considered 'true' )

Now we need a trigger when the player selects the menu item. We know when this has occurred because flag 100 becomes true.

Type:

1 ONCE (Casualty picked up, NO EVENT)

Conditions:

FLAG IS TRUE (100)

Triggered actions:

MESSAGE TO ALL ('Casualty is on board, we're ready to depart', 10)

RADIO ITEM REMOVE ('Pick up casualties')

GROUP DEACTIVATE (CasualtyGroup)

This will remove the option to pick up the casualty, display a message on screen for 10 seconds, and cause the group of infantry with the stretcher to disappear. See if you can figure out the rest on your own with the other post I made. :thumbup:

You'll get a lot more out of just spending a few hours with trial and error and testing than you will having the whole thing spelled out.

One piece of advice I'd give is to test each item individually rather than trying to fly the whole mission every time, this can be extremely time consuming. Don't be afraid to temporarily turn the helo into an air start or create artificial triggers to activate progress flags like the infantry pickup flag in the example above. (1 ONCE, NO EVENT) -> no condition -> FLAG ON (100) ; that way when you're ready to test the next phase (such as the return to the FARP area) it's a matter of seconds to test if things are working as intended vs. minutes/hours.

It's very difficult for me to make any kind of additional time commitment at the moment; I run a virtual squadron, assist with the maintenance of mine and Baltic Dragon's DLC content, work, and have a two-month-old daughter who has forsworn sleep. ;)

Edited by feefifofum
speeling and grammer ;)

For your FARP, you can set the radio frequency and callsign by clicking on it in the Mission Editor at which point you should be able to use the normal ATC menu. 127.500 is the default frequency if I'm ...

I clicked on the farp and nothing happened so where will I find those settings I’ve cheched out all the menu options

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Left click on the FARP object. It will bring up a menu on the right side of the screen.

You can type in the AM frequency for ATC here:

A9oWQ5K.png

There must be a HMMVW, or FARP command post within 200 meters for radio communication to be enabled.

You can click on this drop down menu to choose from a list of callsigns. Note: each one of your pads will be considered an individual FARP for these purposes.

djmssle.png

EDIT: To clarify, the 4 pad object is one FARP, each single pad is considered a FARP

Edited by feefifofum

I wasn’t clicking on the “T” I was clicking the object thanks I wasn’t even getting the option bar that was my clue once I checked a couple things thanks for the help.

I still need to find a military ambulance , two stretcher bearers with an empty stretcher and two bearers with a occupied stretcher

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Help I’m at the point where I need a military ambulance, I think I have found one is I can get it to work, but I have not seen any stretcher bearers does anybody know where to find them I haven’t even seen a stretcher that I would be able to insert between two figures walking with both arms down.

If you know where any of the following items are are can build them please let me know I will give you all credit if you create them.

1) military ambulance

2) civilian ambulance

3) stretcher

4) stretcher bearer with empty stretcher

5) stretcher bearer with occupied stretcher

6) doctor in white lab coat

7) doctor in scrubs

Thank you you could call it a mash mod

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213094

These guys seem to know where a stretcher is. I have an ambulance but I'll be damned if I can find where in my 8GB of mods it is specifically, sorry. I looked this morning and came up empty.

As for doctors you might be able to retexture one of VPC ground crew guys into a man in scrubs.

EDIT: Just as a side note I would advise not getting too ambitious about infantry actions or you're going to wind up disappointed. There are no animations for entering/exiting vehicles, your doctor won't do anything other than stand around, etc.

Edited by feefifofum

I realize that the doctor would be static it would just add to the illusion imo got the stretcher I hope ie water_ troops _placement.mod iirc. I understand I should have the ambulance but can’t find the military one either I don’t have it enabled or it isn’t saved correctly. I wish I had a directory listing for how each mod should be layered I have had to add folders before to get mods working but it was just a couple of folders off the last one I’m having to build the folders for start at tech and I’m having to find the folder above it to add.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Thanks fee I’m still having some trouble with the bfvg mod I tried it the way the video said no joy the I tried the ovgme and directory structure way still no ambulances or stretcher bearers from the troops on water mod.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

I think the troops on water mod just allows you to place troops/vehicles AMD they were using the stretcher guy as an example; try sending SUNTSAG or jef32 a PM asking them where the stretcher guy came from. (I wouldn't mind knowing myself :music_whistling: )

The BFVG pack should go in saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/tech/

The Water placement mod is just that the ability to place infantry units in a water location and contains no models. It was designed for placing troops for a beach landing but works well for oil rigs too.

The medics can be found here in the mission editor when the HARRIER mod has been activated:

attachment.php?attachmentid=188142&stc=1&d=1529655640

Upuaut made some excellent medical tent and ambulance mods quite a while ago so I recommend doing a search for those. I think the ambulance was part of his Wolf vehicle mod. To my knowledge there are no medical staff mods...Doctors etc. I made this MASH Unit for PG Map, using them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=188141&stc=1&d=1529655640

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whoa, SUNTSAG...where did that oiler come from? (Sorry for the off-topic post.)

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

No fee that's not quite correct.... there are two very distinct and separate elements to that Mod.

One does change out the in game FARP and has to be loaded via JSGME. It only allows the rearm and refuel to take place of helos when the mod is activated.

The second does not need the FARP element activated to work and contains all the additional models that can be placed in game. It is placed in the saved games folder.

Cheers. :thumbup:

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]