TGP minimum zoom still too much!!

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

Hi guys, just a fast question...many times I struggle to find something using the tgp or it takes too long to move from one side to the other because the MINUMUM ZOOM is waaaay too much so I wonder if there is any way I'm missing to zoom out beyond the limit because I find odd that the minimum level is so high.

Of course, I know how to zoom in and zoom out, but I mean that when I zoom out to the max, it still having a lot of zoom making really hard to use it.

thanks a lot!

Take a look at my MODS here

Damn!, really?:cry:, that's the less zoom we have even in wide FOV?...well, I suspected that was the case but I had to ask...I find it weird as a building 15 miles away pretty much fills the screen in minimum zoom and wide fov which is too much for me...it would be great to have a much more "manageable" zoom level and be able to orbit closer to target with a better idea of what are you looking at...it would improve a lot situational awarenes when using the tgp and when needed using the powerful zoom but I guess it is what it is...

thanks guys!

screenshots are needed when you make these kinds of claims

why?, that's why "exaggeration licenses" do exist :)...maybe not a building, but a little mountain in the horizon will easily fill the screen at minimum zoom level which I find too extreme.

You can also change the slew rate.

I know, but makes things even worse when trying then to have any accuracy around targets. thanks for the tip anyway ;)

why?, that's why "exaggeration licenses" do exist :)...maybe not a building, but a little mountain in the horizon will easily fill the screen at minimum zoom level which I find too extreme.

A screenshot is beneficial for us to see your distance, zoom and FOV settings.

you notice how the apparent size on the screen is about the same as when you look outside? it means you should just look outside with your eyeball instead at this point.

What?:huh:...the size in the screen is like 15 times bigger and the mountain is at 35 miles away dude!! Anyway, if there is no way to zoom out more, there is nothing to do...

you notice how the apparent size on the screen is about the same as when you look outside? it means you should just look outside with your eyeball instead at this point.

Yeah, not sure what you were looking at there:smilewink:. My first thought was that he was looking at the mountain on the right side of the screen shot. However, if you look at the TGP he is looking straight forward.

I prefer the mk1 eyeball with slow zoom in/out once I start getting closer to a target area.

What?:huh:...the size in the screen is like 15 times bigger and the mountain is at 35 miles away dude!!

I dunno why do you say it is 15x bigger in the TGP. Measure it with a ruler on your own monitor. Real mountain in the distance is about 3 cm, the TGP dispplay is about 9 cm. So the zoom is about 3x. Am I missing something? :music_whistling:

I had a problem of over using the TGP when I first started flying the A-10. Like others have said, use your TAD or hud to mark targets, and then slave the TGP to it. Also don't be afraid of using your good ol' mark I eyeballs.

The point is if you try to slew around the battlefield exclusively with your TGP, you will have a hard time. You can get away with it at distance, but once you're on scene your going to have to use a mixture of all your target designation capabilities.

If you just love using the TGP so much (I'll admit it is pretty nice) then just keep some distance.

• Like 1

designate points on the tad or through the hud to slew the tgp

litening already has less zoom than pods like sniper and atflir designed for use at higher altitudes so count your blessings

^ this..

..become proficient with setting SPI's on HUD and slaving TGP to it. It helps setting rough waypoints on known locations. If the tally is unknown take it slow and use observation rolls to get visuals on ground areas covered by your fuselage.

The good thing about DCS is that ground units are generally visual through clouds and appear as black dot specks from distance.

If it's a SAM site, the good news is that it is likely to show you where it is via radar spikes. Just keep your RWR sensors pointed toward your potential tally to lessen the blind zone area.

A10 is all about positioning. You need to use your advanced loiter time to slow your way into a combat zone and ask for CAP when available.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...