Excessive HUD and Instruments glare? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #11
Sweep

Reputation power: 11
Sweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakshot View Post
The glare has always been in the flanker... done very well, up until now, unlike the Darth Vader mask on F15 with constant lighting easy mode. LOL

The effect is now however is totally botched. Doesnt take a scientist to figure it out. And obviously not shadows related... but thanks for asking.

Sent on mobile Android via Tapatalk
You're aware that the Eagle canopy has the same MiG-29 shadow/brightness issues, right? Changing some shadow settings made that somewhat workable, as I remember. I think that's what GG was getting at. This seems like a distant cousin of that issue.

Can't wait to update now...

...Just kidding.

#MakeDCSBrightnessEffectsGreatAgain

Edit: I wonder if changes are being done in preparation for 2.1 or whatever the new major update will be?
Old 05-14-2017, 10:51 PM   #12
Breakshot

Reputation power: 34
Breakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
You're aware that the Eagle canopy has the same MiG-29 shadow/brightness issues, right? Changing some shadow settings made that somewhat workable, as I remember. I think that's what GG was getting at. This seems like a distant cousin of that issue.

Can't wait to update now...

...Just kidding.

#MakeDCSBrightnessEffectsGreatAgain

Edit: I wonder if changes are being done in preparation for 2.1 or whatever the new major update will be?
I fly 15 all the time, its fine. This is a completely different matter on 27, the effect is just broken...

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov, #24 of the 51st 'Bisons' PVO Regiment

Last edited by Breakshot; 05-14-2017 at 10:53 PM.
Breakshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:08 PM   #13
Sweep

Reputation power: 11
Sweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really niceSweep is just really nice

Quote:
I fly 15 all the time, its fine. This is a completely different matter on 27, the effect is just broken...
You know what, it's only in 2.0 that the Eagle has that issue. I probably should have mentioned that! This Flanker update in 1.5 looks far more unplayable though.

Echoing other comments here, but man that change doesn't make much sense...

Last edited by Sweep; 05-14-2017 at 11:12 PM.
Sweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:42 PM   #14
jackmckay

Reputation power: 5
jackmckay has a spectacular aura aboutjackmckay has a spectacular aura aboutjackmckay has a spectacular aura aboutjackmckay has a spectacular aura about

No info on update changelog about this new 'little nasty' feature. Why?
jackmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:05 PM   #15
Winston 60

Reputation power: 8
Winston 60 is just really niceWinston 60 is just really niceWinston 60 is just really niceWinston 60 is just really niceWinston 60 is just really niceWinston 60 is just really niceWinston 60 is just really niceWinston 60 is just really niceWinston 60 is just really niceWinston 60 is just really niceWinston 60 is just really nice

Quote:
... The HUD filter also needs a rework...
Amen to that!

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit
VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti
FTW
MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080
MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit
GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset
Winston 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:28 PM   #16
Petkov |BUL|

Reputation power: 0
Petkov |BUL| is on a distinguished road

That rendered the flanker unplayable for me
The 29 has had it since the first release of the 6dof cockpit and the glare covers the WHOLE cockpit glass pic below... I also made a thread about it in 2015 no answer.

Petkov |BUL| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:15 AM   #17
Axion

Reputation power: 23
Axion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of light

Aye, this is extremely annoying at present. Is it a feature, or has it been reported?

Ta,

Asus Z170 Hero VIII, i7-6700K @ 4.6 GHz, RAM 16 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, 2 x ASUS STRIX 980Ti OC SLI, TIR 5, Asus D2X, Samsung EVO 850 1TB, HOTAS WH
, Philips BDM4065UC 4K, HTC Vive, Rift CV1, Win 10 x64, Ducati 1199 Panigale
Axion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:23 AM   #18
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Reputation power: 49
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Its an ED conspiracy to let the F-15C wining all fights.

In the end ED employers are all from Wisconsin, assuming russian nationality only for bothering russian fighters fans.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4

Last edited by Esac_mirmidon; 05-17-2017 at 02:26 AM.
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:25 AM   #19
Axion

Reputation power: 23
Axion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of lightAxion is a glorious beacon of light

What a strange response?

Asus Z170 Hero VIII, i7-6700K @ 4.6 GHz, RAM 16 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, 2 x ASUS STRIX 980Ti OC SLI, TIR 5, Asus D2X, Samsung EVO 850 1TB, HOTAS WH
, Philips BDM4065UC 4K, HTC Vive, Rift CV1, Win 10 x64, Ducati 1199 Panigale
Axion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:27 AM   #20
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Reputation power: 49
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

In another post about the same issue they said it has been reported so a fix is coming.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote