DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

@Ciribob could there be anywhere in the future where by this mod could possibly integrate into the radio system in dcs with out the overlay being open? Or is that a feature thats miles off or would never happen?

Overlay doesn't have to be open to except for fc3 planes......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Overlay doesn't have to be open to except for fc3 planes......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So for example im in the mirage i connect to a sr server and just tune in my radio without the overlay open? If id known this in the first place +1 to you :) Yes for fc3 because there not clicky click click.

i can never set this thing up correctly for some odd reason

Follow the trouble shooting link in my signature or from the first post, it should get you up and running.

Video on the first page may also help :)

So for example im in the mirage i connect to a sr server and just tune in my radio without the overlay open? If id known this in the first place +1 to you :) Yes for fc3 because there not clicky click click.

Yup completely optional, has been since the first release :)

You can close the overlay when in fc3 as well and the radios will still work fine but obviously you can't change frequency.

There is also a hotkey you can use to toggle the overlay on and off :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Well eat my dcs helmet lol the hot key would be where you asign push to talk? Also is the intercom push to talk for talking to the guy in the rear seat?

Yes in the hotkey section, near the bottom, but cant quite remember

Intercom is for talking to the rear seat, works in gazelle, for the l39 you have to press the in cockpit intercom button.

Not yet implemented for the hawk

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi Ciribob,

i´d like to test your Simpleradio but when setting up the SR-ClientRadio and trying to start test connection 5.189.162.17:5014 i´m getting this errormessage:

"Audio Output Error

Problem Initializing Audio Output! Try a different Output device and please post your clinet log on the forums"

I´m using Voicemeeter Banana http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/#DownloadVoicemeeter for my homepit, so my main standard-sound-output in windows sound settings is a software based audiomixer so i can run my 4 soundcards togeter for my flighthelmet and my two buttkickers, speaker setup etc.

So it seems to be an compatibility problem due to this in the SR-ClientRadio setup when choosing Voicemeeter.

249113-1480851806.jpg

Here is my:

clientlog.txt

Kind regards,

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Hi Ciribob,

i´d like to test your Simpleradio but when setting up the SR-ClientRadio and trying to start test connection 5.189.162.17:5014 i´m getting this errormessage:

"Audio Output Error

Problem Initializing Audio Output! Try a different Output device and please post your clinet log on the forums"

I´m using Voicemeeter Banana http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/#DownloadVoicemeeter for my homepit, so my main standard-sound-output in windows sound settings is a software based audiomixer so i can run my 4 soundcards togeter for my flighthelmet and my two buttkickers, speaker setup etc.

So it seems to be an compatibility problem due to this in the SR-ClientRadio setup when choosing Voicemeeter.

249113-1480851806.jpg

Here is my:

clientlog.txt

Kind regards,

Terrorvogel

The way input and output labels are handled in Voicemeeter can be confusing.

I've had problems understanding them and I'm a retired sound engineer ;)

Maybe that's why I'm retired....:doh:

Here's a pic of my Banana mixer. (see attached)

As you can see I'm using the Virtual Audio Cables as well to feed my Comms into the Banana. I set up the VACs back when I was using Voicemeeter Vanilla.

Theoretically your setup SHOULD work direct into Voicemeeter Aux Input though without VACs.

442624093_BananaSimpleRadio.thumb.JPG.24aee17f983697ccaa3bdeb05ebeb450.JPG

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Hi Kozmyk,

thank you for the fast answer!

How do you get this red marked selections in picture below?

I don´t have the opportunity to choose this settings...

f79a28-1480861191.jpg

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Thanks ciri for the info :thumbup: Is there anything else you intend adding in the future?

Yeah quite a few things on the horizon. Possibly a complete rewrite as I still can't replicate locally the mixing / radio interference issue. Hopefully going to start over Christmas!

Hi Ciribob,

"Audio Output Error

249113-1480851806.jpg

Here is my:

clientlog.txt

Kind regards,

Terrorvogel

It looks like from the error that the opus.dll is not in the same folder as where the simpleradio exe is.

Would you mind re-running the installation and when its installed, double checking that the client, server and opus.dll are in the installation folder? You can always copy it manually from the zip if needed as well.

Should work fine then :)

If not - follow the troubleshooting guide in my sig :)

Hi Ciribob,

it is working now big thank you!:thumbup:

The installer.exe crashed every time so i did only copy the SR-ClientRadio.exe without the opus.dll into C:\Program Files (x86)\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone and that was the "issue". Now i´m gonna have a deeper look into the configuration of this nice looking addon:)

Thanks guys so far:thumbup:

Kind regards,

Terrorvogel

Hi Ciribob,

it is working now big thank you!:thumbup:

The installer.exe crashed every time so i did only copy the SR-ClientRadio.exe without the opus.dll into C:\Program Files (x86)\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone and that was the "issue". Now i´m gonna have a deeper look into the configuration of this nice looking addon:)

Thanks guys so far:thumbup:

Kind regards,

Terrorvogel

If it crashed then you won't have the scripts in the DCS folder, you'll have to install manually.

Did you extract the complete contents of the zip file containing the Installer (and everything else) and then run the installer from the *extracted* folder as administrator? Its an easy mistake to make :)

The manual instructions are on the first page of this thread. Hope it all works well :)

I did everything exactly as on post#1 like elevated execute etc.

And did copy all the files manually into users scripts folder too for savety. But when executing install.exe then some kind of "DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone Installer is not working anymore" message appears.

Does the DCS-SRS-AutoConnectGameGUI.lua belong to scripts folder too? I think so...

Ok found out with DCS-SRS-AutoConnectGameGUI.lua.

When connecting DCS-SRS Client for testing purposes with 37.59.10.136:5002 should i hear something without DCS started or does this only work in an active multiplayer game and chosen right frequency as 251AM for example? The problem is that i do not hear any radio traffic in multiplayer. Sorry this is all new to me with online radios...

Here you go:

Manual Install Procedure

Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Copy DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Create the folder if it doesnt exist

Add to the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

If Export.lua doesn't exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip files where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

Troubleshooting

Please follow the instructions here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2963204&postcount=1122

Did you do the last step, adding the line to the export.lua?

Ok found out with DCS-SRS-AutoConnectGameGUI.lua.

When connecting DCS-SRS Client for testing purposes with 37.59.10.136:5002 should i hear something without DCS started or does this only work in an active multiplayer game and chosen right frequency as 251AM for example? The problem is that i do not hear any radio traffic in multiplayer. Sorry this is all new to me with online radios...

You won't hear anyone until either your're in spectators on multiplayer (depending on what settings they've got for their radio server ) and / or in an aircraft (possibly of the correct coaltion of the correct coalition - server setting) with your radios on.

You'll know at least that the DCS connection is working when you see frequencies on the overlay instead of NO RADIO in all 3 boxes.

I'd really recommend watching the video on the first page of this thread. It gives a complete overview of every aircraft, where every single radio is in every aircraft and what settings to set each radio too for them to work. :)

• Like 1

Hi Kozmyk,

thank you for the fast answer!

How do you get this red marked selections in picture below?

I don´t have the opportunity to choose this settings...

f79a28-1480861191.jpg

They are from VB. Virtual Audio Cable.

The first one is free then you can get two more A & B when you donate. So you can have three.

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/

They extend the utility of Voicemeeter and Banana quite a lot.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

@Ciribob

Thx thats the information i needed. Looks good so far as connection seems to work. Only need to tweak arround now. Thank you so far for your time and this nice piece of software:thumbup:

@Kosmyk

I already own Virtual Audio Cable (donated version):music_whistling:

Did not knew that that Voicemeeter and VAC can be combined. Lets see what can be done with that combination:D. Thx for that hint!

Small Update

Inspired by the Twitch2DCS mod by Jabbers_ https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178302 I've had a quick go at bringing a very basic radio UI into DCS, which was surprisingly easy now I see how! Massive thanks to Jabbers_ for finding out it could be done! :thumbup:

The overlay will be entirely optional, controlled by a hotkey and just give you basic radio info, it'll also work for VR users! You can use the normal overlay as well and neither will interfere with the other.

I'm not sure if I'll ever bring the controls in as well and the first release will just show up to 3 radios status, which radio is selected, indicated by * and Tx/Rx status.

Very very much WIP but thought you'd be interested to see. The window is draggable in the full mode by using the window bar.

Progress is still slow due to IRL limitations but I will hopefully work on the stutter bug this weekend :)

in-game-overlay-full.thumb.JPG.864dc1ac489a5c89aa970d65a0d063e8.JPG

in-game-overlay-min.thumb.JPG.7387d571b1bc8dc75d9677bfb92e69c3.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Ciribob, please bring the controls in. Huge deal from the perspective of avoiding alt-tab. If I find time I might help with that :)

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi Ciribob, please bring the controls in. Huge deal from the perspective of avoiding alt-tab. If I find time I might help with that :)

That would be great! Adding the hotkeys to the game I've no idea how to do... My code isn't committed yet but if you take a look at how the Twitch plugin works its near identical in that hotkeys are hardcoded into a config file for keyboard only

Looks good Bob! :)

Thanks! Hopefully work on it a bit this weekend and release a basic testing version :)