New Static Templates Feature

fargo007

Anyone have a howto, tutorial or could tease out some use cases on this?

It seems to just save everything in the (specific) map as a mission, with the objects appearing in the same location.

So I'm wondering what this actually solves past just saving a mission and how people are using or intending to use it.

/F

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

I saw a you tube video but it was slow and in scripted imo

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Honestly the only really decent use i have found thus far, is the ability for someone else to prepare a smaller mission, then merge it with lets says a bigger template (cutting down on mission build times).

Ive saved a few things like SAM templates, but it is just as easy to copy paste those between missions for individual groups and use a template mission file for things like IAD systems along borders.

Edited by Shadow.D.

Where the static files saved I made oe tonight and when to send it t a friend fr evaluation just static stuff notrifgrrrs o script added yet. I ended up sending miz file instead, my other problem is how to select al t the statics so you can copy and ast as I ish to add this template/colltio7of static items to three f the ur maps as it’s something I’m planning on using extensively for training and or to place helos closer to the action when you traveling apppoximately 100 miles in a hour every bit of advantage is a life saver

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Anybody has any more pertinent info on that (promising) feature? For now it seems a bit useless? I ws thrilled when I saw the title... I thought we could make large groups of static objects that I thought we would be able to place wherever we want on the map... but for now this feature seems a bit limited? is planned to be different? devs?

thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here's good video on static templates. He has a great series of vids for mission editor:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Thanks pimp, exactly what we needed to understand how this function works for now...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D