Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Cyph3r

Look in vpc_virpil posts here:

Thanks, I don't normally look at Reddit - it's just too much of a formatting mess.

And having read all that, I'm still none the wiser. I'll just wait until they release a diagram that clearly points to each button, and what it does.

Z...

Edited by Barefoot Bandit

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just wait until they release a diagram that clearly points to each button, and what it does.

Yes, I don't understand why the guys don't show clear all functions of buttons, switches and HAT's of throttle.

As usually people only read the 1'st and last messages on forums topic are guys that still believing that this throttle will came with "mini-stick" - feature that was postponed for the 2nd revision.

Having read all from the reddit link, I still confuse. The VPC guy there at first said there is 4x hats, but didn’t correct the other poster when he said there is only 2 hats on the handles. I don’t think there is any hat on the base. Very confusing.

And my personal opinion is, what’s the point of non-mini stick version? I’ve never seen anyone want no ministick on the throttle. If they are gonna release two versions. Thumb vs index ministick would be smarter. I know I am not gonna buy ministickless version.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

... what’s the point of non-mini stick version? I know I am not gonna buy ministickless version.

In the same topic they say that the mini-stick hardware is not defined.

So for don't postpone more MT-50 throttle release they will make a HAT only version - that interest more for WW2 CFS only players, where analog mini-stick has little or no use.

Mini-stick available on the market, most made for gamepad use, are typically low cost/quality hardware, with durability problems.

After use one analog mini-stick in Cougar Thrustmaster try a different solution in Warthog using a Tablet 'mouse', but the result is know as poor. :P

VKB seems using a Sony HALL sensor mini-stick in their MCG, but this mini-stick require a specific interface (I2C ?) with USB controller.

In the same topic they say that the mini-stick hardware is not defined.

So for don't postpone more MT-50 throttle release they will make a HAT only version - that interest more for WW2 CFS only players, where analog mini-stick has little or no use.

Mini-stick available on the market, most made for gamepad use, are typically low cost/quality hardware, with durability problems.

After use one analog mini-stick in Cougar Thrustmaster try a different solution in Warthog using a Tablet 'mouse', but the result is know as poor. :P

VKB seems using a Sony HALL sensor mini-stick in their MCG, but this mini-stick require a specific interface (I2C ?) with USB controller.

I’ll be interested to see what the end result is, as I’ll simply buy the one that works best for my purposes (VKB or Virpil). Anyway, I’ve waited htis long, a few more months isn’t going to kill me. I can live with what I currently have untilt hen, regardless.

Z...

Even with the natural add in cost, a good solution will be:

Mini-stick and HAT in finger and thumb positions in an removable/swappable - by external side - module.

- Please ones that prefer mini-stick under index finger as well the ones that prefer under thumb finger.

- Make easy replace the module when mini-stick worm out, without need dismantle the grips, make solders.

Even with the natural add in cost, a good solution will be:

Mini-stick and HAT in finger and thumb positions in an removable/swappable - by external side - module.

- Please ones that prefer mini-stick under index finger as well the ones that prefer under thumb finger.

- Make easy replace the module when mini-stick worm out, without need dismantle the grips, make solders.

This would, indeed, be brilliant.

Z...

That brought a question to mind, would it have been possible to add a adjustment for length of that? Like 2-3 different height by 2-4cm difference? Like unlock something and raise handle and lock in new position?

Increasing the handle height anymore would make it quite uncomfortable/impractical. We believe we've got it set at the point where you get the most range, while also remaining comfortable!

@Cyph3r

Can you tell me if the 2-ways switches on the right handle would on-off-on (have middle position) or just on-on? And the on position will be momentary or it will stick in place?

Is there a plan for a more advance software (than the currently available VPC software lite version) to program the throttle like your competitors?

Can you please clarify which controls you're asking about?

We are planning on releasing a more advanced VPC Configuration Suite :thumbup:

@Cyph3r

Have you thought about adding a 12"-18" extension to the main throttle handle for helo users to mount vertically and use as a collective? Since the tension and detent are customizable, it could work very well.

Just a thought as out helicopter users do not get much love for collectives.

Reed

We've not thought about this for the MT-50 Throttle. We would rather design controls that would achieve the desired function from the start rather than bodging together an existing solution to do something else.

I still hope that those 2 way hats get turned into 4 way hats.

Please. there is no reason not to. Just sayin'...

Z...

2-way hats have indeed swapped to 4-way hats due to popular demand :thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:

Originally Posted by Starkiller View Post

@Cyph3r

Can you tell me if the 2-ways switches on the right handle would on-off-on (have middle position) or just on-on? And the on position will be momentary or it will stick in place?

This questions was answered by this:

The "2-way" switches in right side of handle (grip)are now "4-way HAT", so momentary press buttons with return center position.

The latching switches in this throttle are T4, T5, T6 on base, a ON-OFF-ON switches.*

In the firmware can be assigned button press for switch OFF position (like in Cougar throttle), but how will be is not know for now.

* Baur say that T-1 (under red cover) ate too ON-OFF-ON switch, but is strange this type of switch under cover. :huh:

This questions was answered by this:

The "2-way" switches in right side of handle (grip)are now "4-way HAT", so momentary press buttons with return center position.

The latching switches in this throttle are T4, T5, T6 on base, a ON-OFF-ON switches.*

In the firmware can be assigned button press for switch OFF position (like in Cougar throttle), but how will be is not know for now.

* Baur say that T-1 (under red cover) ate too ON-OFF-ON switch, but is strange this type of switch under cover. :huh:

Sokol is correct.

Now it seems VPC Throttle (ministick version) would match my need. May I ask when will the ministick version will be released? Will it be long after the ministickless version?

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

I think I get more confused the more I read on this throttle lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Increasing the handle height anymore would make it quite uncomfortable/impractical. We believe we've got it set at the point where you get the most range, while also remaining comfortable!

We are planning on releasing a more advanced VPC Configuration Suite :thumbup:

We've not thought about this for the MT-50 Throttle. We would rather design controls that would achieve the desired function from the start rather than bodging together an existing solution to do something else.

You guys ROCK!

Z...

Which, from my understanding, is a type of hardened aluminium, so not plastic :thumbup:

Z...

I believe the keyword Sokol has tried to communicate is “mechanics”.

For example, VPC stick has metal mechanics/gimbal, but the grip is abs plastic.

How's it compare to the warthog throttle? My warthog flight stick has some issues now and was considering upgrading my hardware. I see that the vpc flight stick needs a base too for desktop. I'm guessing that's what the warbird is for?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

How's it compare to the warthog throttle? My warthog flight stick has some issues now and was considering upgrading my hardware. I see that the vpc flight stick needs a base too for desktop. I'm guessing that's what the warbird is for?

Yes, the VPC T-50 base is not designed for desktop use, needs to be mounted.

The WarBRD is designed for desktop use.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It’s hard to compare something that hasn’t even out yet.

It’s hard to compare something that hasn’t even out yet.
Yea I've seen it on here a lot so I figured it was out. Oh well, seems to be the case these days with peripherals.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 1 month later...

VPC is very quiet lately. It’s already the second half of March.