microhelis.de simulation controllers review and discussion - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-06-2017, 07:53 PM   #21
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi149 View Post
but the matrix from the BU0836A can not manage real switches, only momentary buttons.:.
By "real switches" you mean this ON-OFF-ON "toggle switches" on collective grip?

I did not know that BBI32 work in different way than BU0836A/X.

BBI32 send command when "toggle switch" change from ON to OFF position?
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:24 PM   #22
yogi149

Hi,

if using the non-matrix version from the BU0836 board they work similar.
But the matrix version with 36 button didnt work for me with not momentary switches. But if I think over this, it seems to me, that I did not use 36 diodes.
For the BBI they are not necessary, so connection was easier for quick using.

The problem at all is, that both simulators I use, not really make use of non-momentary switches like used in real aircraft.
Physical position is not used or can only be realized with some work.

I think, that in progress with using an arduino Mega for our FTR solution, we will realize a switch modul and perhaps using the Mega for our sensor input too.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:10 PM   #23
Thadiun Okona

Quote:
Hi,

if using the non-matrix version from the BU0836 board they work similar.
But the matrix version with 36 button didnt work for me with not momentary switches. But if I think over this, it seems to me, that I did not use 36 diodes.
For the BBI they are not necessary, so connection was easier for quick using.

The problem at all is, that both simulators I use, not really make use of non-momentary switches like used in real aircraft.
Physical position is not used or can only be realized with some work.

I think, that in progress with using an arduino Mega for our FTR solution, we will realize a switch modul and perhaps using the Mega for our sensor input too.
I don't understand. What is the difference between holding a momentary switch 'on' manually with your finger vs the switch itself having a mechanical catch that makes it stay in the 'on' position without your finger on it?
Thadiun Okona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:59 PM   #24
TripRodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadiun Okona View Post
I don't understand. What is the difference between holding a momentary switch 'on' manually with your finger vs the switch itself having a mechanical catch that makes it stay in the 'on' position without your finger on it?
I think the main problem here is that using a physical toggle switch for a toggled function can be an issue depending on lots of specifics. So it's the difference of a toggle holding a function on and staying in a different position that is theoretically an indicator of the status of the controlled system vs. your finger pressing a momentary button and releasing it to toggle a function that is the problem. There are a number of pitfalls and also a number of possible solutions for using physical toggle switches with sim software that doesn't have adequate provisions.

I know Okona is familiar, but for the sake of others: Thrustmaster TARGET has fantastic functionality for dealing with this, which is why I may use a Cougar PCB for operating my cockpit switches. It can generate momentary presses from a standard toggle switch and also generate momentary events on release of a switch as well. You can still wind up with with the physical position of the switch being out of sync with the sim though if you start a simulation with a physical switch in the opposite position of the simulated switch!

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gYiSBwy0t0

Last edited by TripRodriguez; 02-06-2017 at 11:06 PM.
TripRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:41 AM   #25
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripRodriguez View Post

I know Okona is familiar, but for the sake of others: Thrustmaster TARGET has fantastic functionality for dealing with this, which is why I may use a Cougar PCB for operating my cockpit switches. It can generate momentary presses from a standard toggle switch and also generate momentary events on release of a switch as well.
MMJoy2 firmware for cheap (~6$) Arduino PRO Micro (or EasyJoy32One for Arduino STM32F103C8T6) card can do this "momentary press" - without a soft running in between Windows and games.

Some freeware keymapper too - but this is a "clumsy solution".

Some customized Arduino code too, like this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=156

Probable this issue with Bodnar card is due the way that this specific simulators handle keys press, some old games is problematic with this.
No issue for DCSW, several examples of use BU0836 in controllers in this forum.

I suppose that two BU0836 will result in more flexible (independent) controllers that BU0836+BBI32, why I ask.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:39 AM   #26
MK84

Quote:
So you need al least 1 Bodnar joystick controller BU0836A and 1 BBI
Two USB connection then. Awesome.
MK84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:40 AM   #27
TripRodriguez

@Sokol1_br Can it generate an event when a button is released specifically?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1_br View Post
MMJoy2 firmware for cheap (~6$) Arduino PRO Micro (or EasyJoy32One for Arduino STM32F103C8T6) card can do this "momentary press" - without a soft running in between Windows and games.

Some freeware keymapper too - but this is a "clumsy solution".

Some customized Arduino code too, like this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=156

Probable this issue with Bodnar card is due the way that this specific simulators handle keys press, some old games is problematic with this.
No issue for DCSW, several examples of use BU0836 in controllers in this forum.

I suppose that two BU0836 will result in more flexible (independent) controllers that BU0836+BBI32, why I ask.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:29 AM   #28
yogi149

Hi,

it is astonishing what this simple question triggers.
I think, building a simpit requires a lot of planning and making.
We only can offer "mechanical" plug and play, if ordered.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:57 PM   #29
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripRodriguez View Post
@Sokol1_br Can it generate an event when a button is released specifically?
If the controller firmware don't allow this - BU0836 don't allow, using a keymapper with "on press" and "on release" ability, eg. freeware SVMapper, HIDMacros.

Obvious the keymapper will send keypress, e.g. A in ON, B in OFF.

But some controller firmware (e.g for Arduino) will send Button1 in ON and Button2 in OFF.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:39 AM   #30
TripRodriguez

Yogi I think when I receive my controller and post youtube video with "unboxing" and "assembly" it will clear up a lot of questions. =D