Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

When i pitch or roll, the device get disconnected ( unplugged / plugged in , that's what i see ingame )

I tried some tests with the Virpil software, same story ( with and without the grip )

Is there something i could do ?

Thank you

Tthat's unusual. To be fair I had a similar issue but was due to a vertical USB port on the fron of my case. Virpil's USB plug is quite tall and I expected that port to be an issues. Plugged it in the back of my case, zero problems since.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a 10 mm alu L-profile 200mmx100mm (width 110, same as the warthog base ) and cut it to shape.

It bolts to the warthog bottom plate(which is secure to my centremount), and the Mongoos base bolts firmly to the "adaptor" and does NOT move a millimeter now.

Now it just needs a paint job.

I just ordered mine yesterday so it may be a while, but I really like your mounting adapter and will be doing something along the same lines.

Tthat's unusual. To be fair I had a similar issue but was due to a vertical USB port on the fron of my case. Virpil's USB plug is quite tall and I expected that port to be an issues. Plugged it in the back of my case, zero problems since.

I tried with every USB port

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I did, there seems to be everything OK, i can't see some damaged cables, wires

Should I try maybe a firmware update with the Virpil software?

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Hahah - welcome to the thread Graxxor! Another E: D convert :joystick::thumbup:

Z...

Cheers! Thanks for the props! Still flying the Golden Phallus?

What VPC/VKB setup are you using? I plunked for the Noobifier discounted dual stick VPL bundle... Couldn't resist the discount...

Will seriously need to mod the thumb buttons into a 4 way hat, though... I was stupid enough to miss that rather important point.

Edited by graxxor

ED/SC/FSX fan

Cheers! Thanks for the props! Still flying the Golden Phallus?

What VPC/VKB setup are you using? I plunked for the Noobifier discounted dual stick VPL bundle... Couldn't resist the discount...

Will seriously need to mod the thumb buttons into a 4 way hat, though... I was stupid enough to miss that rather important point.

Yup - I am, though the mods got grumpy with me putting the name in my sig (nearly two years after I did it).

Using a Mongoos T-50 and CH Pro throttle until the VPC throttle is released. I may get a second for T-50 stick to give dual sticks a go, though I'm trying to spend more time with DCS. The learning curve for E: D is nothing compared to DCS!

Z...

Nope - I'm doing what you're not really supposed to do - I made up a quick baseplate form a spare VESA mount I had for an Intel NUC. No extension, just the stick, sitting to my right like an F-16 style set up. No center cams, softest springs. It's nice and msooth, I don't feel like I am arm wresting it like I am with the Warthog. It's also very smooth, no sticktion.

I'm currently in the process of making a simpit, and am not 100% sure what the mounting method will be (apart from it actually being mounted the way it is meant to be), but I suspect I'll be making up a steel bracket that uses the existing screw holes for the mount. The Virpil desk mounts look great - if you have a desk. I don't...

I'm not too worried about the base mount for now, I'm on an exploration trip, and the movements are all nice and relaxed, so not likely to be stressing anything. I'll be staying out of DCS or any heavy duty flying until it's properly mounted.

Z...

Edited by Barefoot Bandit

Finally. My monthlong wait is almost over. Confirmation that my VirPil Dual Stick Nobbifier bundle is on it’s way to my door as we speak!

Can’t wait. Now wondering whether or not to do an unboxing.

:thumbup:

Might as well do the unboxing, cause I assure you once you have that puppy hooked up all you are going to want to do is fly baby fly!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It’s currently being dispatched from the international terminal. They said EMS... is that Air or Sea shipping, I wonder.

Not real sure, maybe both.

I know on my initial pre-order of the Virpil setup, they provided free expedited shipping for those that ordered early on. My first got here in about 7 days.

When I ordered a second gimbal, it took it more like 14 days or so to get to me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Was 14 days the time from ordering or the time once shipped?

They shipped my second one pretty quick, so it was about overall.

Don B

Don, thanks...

@cyph3r

In the photo you sent me showing the thumb button and mount, I notice it was plugged into a two pin header on a circuit board in the grip.

I also notice that this in-grip circuit board has plenty of space but no connection pads for extra headers, unlike the gimble circuit board which looks eminently expandable.

For those who don’t, know, I’m looking to replace the thumb button with a 4 or 5 way hat.

So Is there any way to pass a cable from the grip through to the circuit board in the base without too much modification?

Is the grip sealed or is there a gap that the cable can be fed through (I notice that the warthog compatible DIN connector is free floating and not inset which means there is a chance that an extra four core hat switch cable could squeeze through, no?

TIA.

ED/SC/FSX fan

New Monstertech mounting plate for the T-50

I had been in contact with Monstertech http://www.monstertech.de suggesting that they make a mounting plate for the T-50, and providing them with the necessary information. Today I received their prototype and installed it.

The mounting plate is a very solid piece of Aluminium. For installation, you take the U-bracket off from the T-50 and replace it with the vertical part of the mounting plate, using the original screws from VPC. The horizontal part of the mounting plate is screwed to the Monstertech table mount. Very simple and very solid.

This approach makes sense to me as the T-50 is rather high and if you would fix it through the bottom of the gimbal as some people suggested, the grip would stick up too high for comfort.

The mounting plate should be available via Monstertech's web site very soon.

RX100-01001-Comp.thumb.jpg.8b31946ad67acfd8643a6099c6429f08.jpg

RX100-01002-Comp.thumb.jpg.7852f1e070bc05b0c85f9aed645bcfd7.jpg

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I had been in contact with Monstertech http://www.monstertech.de suggesting that they make a mounting plate for the T-50, and providing them with the necessary information. Today I received their prototype and installed it.

The mounting plate is a very solid piece of Aluminium. For installation, you take the U-bracket off from the T-50 and replace it with the vertical part of the mounting plate, using the original screws from VPC. The horizontal part of the mounting plate is screwed to the Monstertech table mount. Very simple and very solid.

This approach makes sense to me as the T-50 is rather high and if you would fix it through the bottom of the gimbal as some people suggested, the grip would stick up too high for comfort.

The mounting plate should be available via Monstertech's web site very soon.

Oddly enough, I have actually come up with a near identical design to use as a desk top base - though a longer front section that goes down to the bottom, with a cut out for the cable. I have not yet had a chance to make it.

Z...

Edited by Barefoot Bandit

Oddly enough, I have actually come up with a near identical design to use as a desk top base - though a longer front section that goes down to the bottom, with a cut out for the cable. I have not yet had a chance to make it.

Z...

That's pretty much the same plan I have also. Hopefully I'll get to make one in about two or three weeks.

My Dual T-50s arrived to but I'm not getting on with the Virpil mounts... They are solid as a rock and will outlast me, no questions asked.. However, they put the joysticks just too far from the screen. I have to have the chair so far back that I can barely reach the keyboard on the desk without leaning forward...

They're a whole 18 inches back from the previous placement

I have just realised that with a small mod, I could screw the mounting bracket with the two top and two bottom holes directly into my wooden desk. (It's old and was free, so I don't care about holes if I have to move them.)

I'll let you know if it works.

Edited by graxxor

ED/SC/FSX fan

My Dual T-50s arrived to but I'm not getting on with the Virpil mounts... They are solid as a rock and will outlast me, no questions asked.. However, they put the joysticks just too far from the screen. I have to have the chair so far back that I can barely reach the keyboard on the desk without leaning forward....

Yeah, obviously they designed the desk mount to accommodate if anyone wants to use all the extension kit so would still have clearance at full forward. It would have been nice if that mount had been made adjustable as well.

I fly in VR so it is not really an issue for me, as I am not using the keyboard much if at all.

Don B