Dedicated non render sever tutorial

Jaf078

G'day all

I am wondering if anyone can give a tutorial, checklist or procedure to create a dedicated non render sever?

There are various guides around but nothing that gives you a no nonsense procedure, that's up to date for novice operators. Thanks in advance.

Question for you chaps.

Is it possible to not only run the normal client on a PC, but to also run a dedicated server on the same PC? Clearly it would mean the PC requiring some decent horsepower and RAM, but if that was available, how would you do it?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Question for you chaps.

Is it possible to not only run the normal client on a PC, but to also run a dedicated server on the same PC? Clearly it would mean the PC requiring some decent horsepower and RAM, but if that was available, how would you do it?

Yes you can, even if It's not the best solution. Just use the -w parameter on command line server to change the folder.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Yes you can, even if It's not the best solution. Just use the -w parameter on command line server to change the folder.

Apologies, I don't really understand what you're getting at.

Are you saying that I can run 2 instances, i.e. a dedicated server AND a full client, just by adding a -w parameter? How does the folder make any difference?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Any further thoughts on how to run a server in parallel with the std client on a single PC?