Disable ATC?

Rivvern

Should be possible as all sound strings is set in .lua as far as I know. I experimented with some of the .lua files in FC2 and found there was possible to comment out sections for many things, messages and souch. Make a text in file search with a tool to locate some of the sound settings and try it out. You may crash but just keep copies of all the originals. Now it is much better to repair also if you screw up. I use Programmers Notepad pro to search folders for text strings in files (has a lot of search parameters) but I guess Notepad Plus have all this as well.

It would be nice to disable the ATC completely for squadron missions.

I deleted the ATC files in DCS World\Sounds\Speech\Sound\***\ATC.

Works for me.

I should make a JSGME mod for that. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why not just turn off the AM radio?

Please tell me how i do that. Unchecking "Comm" in editor doesnt seem to help.

or change frecuency? we usually use XXX.100 instead XXX.000 for each airport, and we havent problems ;)

AFAIK its not possible in FC3.

It's just to rename the folder and DCS will not find the files. But does it work on the server that way Rivvern? Connected users will still have their own sounds and get the ATC "spam"? Or?

It work. Clientside only. :/ Im happy as long as i dont hear the ATC spam.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are looking for Swedish members!

http://www.masterarms.se

• 3 years later...

Right Shift \ to toggle through the options to only hear your ATC involvement. It might be Right CTRL...

If anyone knows how to turn off the White Envelope Messages, please let me know!!!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

I have created a mod that can be turned on and off via JSGME that will disable the ATC for both full fidelity and FC3 airframes. I know it works in single player but will need testing in a MP environment.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3888155#post3888155

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because scenery object removal not working in multiplayer environment. In MP you must make a big explosion in the trigger zone of the control tower of each airbase to silence ATC. That meaning reqest azimuth not working anymore, but in the comm menu it will be listed. The poor MiG-29s cannot able to navigate!

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD