Heatblur interview by ralfidude

QuiGon

That was a great interview with some very interesting insights into what it like to develop an aircraft for DCS.

Like some of you have said, the Tornado or F111 would be nice but like some of you others I think they'll expand on the USN aircraft, incorporating another multi-crew aspect.

Only time will tell I guess.

I still think the Intruder is the most likely candidate.

Just like they are developing an AI Draken for the Viggen, an AI Intruder is most likely as an addition to the Tomcat. The Intruder is simply needed as a strike aircraft to complement the air wing in the targeted time span.

More so as the USS Ranger, one of the Forrestal-class carriers which HB invests much resources to develop, is featured in their planned Persian Gulf campaign. Ranger had the so called "All Grumman Air Wing", which featured two Intruder squadrons and no other strike aircraft.

That campaign will simply not work without Intruder. In addition an AI A-6E could be easily modified as KA-6D tanker and with some more effort into a EA-6B Prowler (both important assets to the Tomcat). I think this makes an AI Intruder very likely to happen.

Going from an AI A-6E and taking into account that the planned aircraft will have ground radar and multi crew, a full A-6E module just sounds most logical.

Agreed kind of !! especially with them spending so much time on the Ranger and with the Tomcat the INTRUDER makes the most sense especially with the Improved air to ground radar that is being worked on but,

It could also be the the Prowler or the Crusader as well. but I do think their next project will be something that flew off the Ranger.

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

Agreed kind of !! especially with them spending so much time on the Ranger and with the Tomcat the INTRUDER makes the most sense especially with the Improved air to ground radar that is being worked on but,

It could also be the the Prowler or the Crusader as well. but I do think their next project will be something that flew off the Ranger.

I think you nailed on the head with this one. Look, I'm in the F-111 fanclub, but I think it is very safe to say it will be an A-6.

If not an F-111, the A-6 would be my second choice and I'm very much looking forward to flying the intruder.

I also love the F-111, but an Intruder would certainly make sense, as it compliments the carrier and the Tomcat.

Tornado would obviously also be awesome. I'd love to see more European aircraft.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

The Tornado would fall into the catagory of utilising previously developed features by HB.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

The Tornado would fall into the catagory of utilising previously developed features by HB.

Very much so, even more than the A-6! But the A-6 has the advantage that it would be a good complement to the Tomcat.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg