online-blackouts

birdstrike

when flying offline, the blackouts are usually fine...but online they kind of lag behind and somtimes there is no fade in or tunnel vision at all before a complete blackout. its kind of from 0 to 100 in a moment. when flying in singleplayer this doesnt happen.

but worse, in the online tracks its shown correctly like when flying offline...the fade in of the blackout and tunnel vision in the online tracks are visible...

when flying offline, the blackouts are usually fine...but online they kind of lag behind and somtimes there is no fade in or tunnel vision at all before a complete blackout. its kind of from 0 to 100 in a moment. when flying in singleplayer this doesnt happen.

but worse, in the online tracks its shown correctly like when flying offline...the fade in of the blackout and tunnel vision in the online tracks are visible...

Interesting that you should mentionthis.. I was pondering the same...

I think the same is happening with the Spitfire online too; very sudden blackouts with little-to-no warning.

Offline I get a grey-out which I can manage if I relax the G early. Online I seem to have a lot more trouble and black out far more frequetly.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

• 5 weeks later...

+10000000000000000

And please fix the bug where the pilot's inputs are still working even if the pilot is blacked out..

Edited by amazingme

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

+10000000000000000

And please fix the bug where the pilots inputs are still working even if the pilot is blacked out..

yes, thats another problem with blackouts which also affects offline flying....

the pilot will keep increasing/decreasing the prop pitch while completely blacked out, given that u pushed the rocker switch the moment u blacked out.

the same is true for flaps and i also believe for the trimming wheel...if u start to lower your flaps the moment u black out, u will notice that your flaps are completely down in landing configuration once you are back conscious.

prop pitch, flaps and trim controls are stuck and "pressed" in the state they were in at the time of the blackout. so flaps go fully up or down in the blackout period. but u are unable to stop turning the wheel, or turn it in the opposite direction...

that problem is there ever since the 109 was released....its a shame that this bug is still present so many years after release and still being ignored.

Edited by birdstrike

I don't even know how you manage to play online with the BF-109... when I log in these days I never see any WWII servers online.

easily :)

all WWII servers are running on Beta DCS

none WWII server is running on stable DCS World at this moment

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |