iControl DCS - iPad Virtual Cockpit

boarder2

That would be appreciated boarder2!

Thank you. :)

Alright, there's a new version of the server up that allows you to change the Save Game directory.

This should let it work with alpha and beta releases.

Just make sure to update both the install directory and Save Game directory now if you're switching between alpha/beta/stable!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, there's a new version of the server up that allows you to change the Save Game directory.

This should let it work with alpha and beta releases.

Just make sure to update both the install directory and Save Game directory now if you're switching between alpha/beta/stable!

Thanks so much, works perfect!

• 2 weeks later...
I just can't get this to connect...

Make sure you don't have a firewall on your PC blocking the connection. It uses TCP Port 22268.

Also make sure your iPad is connected to the same network via WiFi that your PC is on.

If that doesn't help, feel free to open a support ticket by going to https://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html and clicking Support in the lower left corner and I'll try to get ya sorted out!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

• 1 month later...

- Have you considered doing an similar app but mainly exporting the Skhval/Radar displays of FC3 / Ka-50 aircraft or the radar displays and weapon control panels of Mirage 2000 and MiG-21?

- Does this work with the current version(s) of DCS?

I am assuming that this won't work with anything other then A-10C, i haven't tried it just yet as i am waiting for my tablet to arrive.

Edited by Skjold

- Have you considered doing an similar app but mainly exporting the Skhval/Radar displays of FC3 / Ka-50 aircraft or the radar displays and weapon control panels of Mirage 2000 and MiG-21?

- Does this work with the current version(s) of DCS?

I am assuming that this won't work with anything other then A-10C, i haven't tried it just yet as i am waiting for my tablet to arrive.

Yeah, I would like to do other aircraft at some point but this is a side project for me and I really just don't have enough time these days for much other than supporting what's there and occasionally adding some new things (started working a bit on the Android app again. Might see some updates in a few months...)

So for now, the only aircraft supported is the A-10 and it should work with all versions of DCS World!

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I would like to do other aircraft at some point but this is a side project for me and I really just don't have enough time these days for much other than supporting what's there and occasionally adding some new things (started working a bit on the Android app again. Might see some updates in a few months...)

So for now, the only aircraft supported is the A-10 and it should work with all versions of DCS World!

Would be nice to see some updates for the Android app as well :)

I actually had an Ipad and brought your app then, swapped to an android tablet and brought it again

So you've had me twice! lol

Pman

Would be nice to see some updates for the Android app as well :)

I actually had an Ipad and brought your app then, swapped to an android tablet and brought it again

So you've had me twice! lol

Pman

Android updates are comin! Just pushed a few to fix some bugs and major performance increase in the live displays. Working on a pretty big change for an upcoming update, too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought this app many years ago after the A-10C came out and loved it! Problem is, I just don't fly that aircraft much any more. :( Really looking forward to the day when you have the time to expand this to other planes/helos! Thanks for all you've done for the community!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

If you made a setup, where I could have kneeboard, map, ect from all planes, I would buy it...

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

Thanks for the feedback! Glad y'all still like it!

I wish there were more hours in the day to add more aircraft!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nned - help -pressing buttons on mfds on ipad doesnt send keypress to DCS world

Does this utility work with TAC view? I am asking this because some reason on DCS 1.5.5 i have screen exports to my ipad, but keypresses on buttons on ipad arent' sent to my DCS game..I tried in open beta and it works without problem..Please help

Boarder - i sent my support request via your site..

In my export-load i have this line i checked -->

dofile(".\\A10VCServer\\Main.lua") --A10VCHook

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Does this utility work with TAC view? ...

I'm not familiar with TAC view, but as long as it doesn't override the sim events and not pass them through to other scripts it should work. IF it is overriding them and not passing through to other scripts, then it's not going to work and the TAC view folks should fix that.

Ok...i created support ticket and sent you my export.lua file ...just can't get ipad to send keypresses to DCS 1.5.5

(DCS beta Works just fine)

Are there any other modified files that i need to check, or maybe copy something from DCS beta to DCS 1.5.5. ?

I'm not familiar with TAC view, but as long as it doesn't override the sim events and not pass them through to other scripts it should work. IF it is overriding them and not passing through to other scripts, then it's not going to work and the TAC view folks should fix that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 1 month later...

I have a single monitor and windows 10, unfortunately the trick to create a virtual monitor is not working, because windows 10 does not allow me to add a virtual monitor, there is some other alternative or maybe software that allows me to create virtual monitors in windows 10 To not see the mfcd on the same screen, by the way I'm a user of the android version, thank you very much

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a single monitor and windows 10, unfortunately the trick to create a virtual monitor is not working, because windows 10 does not allow me to add a virtual monitor, there is some other alternative or maybe software that allows me to create virtual monitors in windows 10 To not see the mfcd on the same screen, by the way I'm a user of the android version, thank you very much

You could try something like this https://www.headlessghost.com/

I have no experience with that, it's just the first thing a search returned. If you try it, let us know how if it works!