boarder2

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Dammn, that price tho...

27 euros for an app that basically makes the flight easier? I could just buy deus ex for tablet or mass effect infiltrator for 20 euros each. And they would be worth it.

Although yes, buying 400 dollar hotas sticks is absurd, but a 27 euro app is insane.

And the free version is not worth it. Might as well use the mouse...

My suggestion: price the full version at 10 euros. I know that you put alot of work into this, but 10 euros is a reasonable price and people like me wouldnt be bitching about it, the sales would go higher.

Or maybe make a system that makes you watch an add for a function and the unlock lasts 5-10 hours...

I buy a used monitor for that price :P

The integration of tablet or smartphones is very important, from extra sim controls or access the joy config and change parameters on the fly :), and also use the already features of those devices like voice control.

A dock in an hotas throttle whit extra controls can make a real diference.

And we can never say : I did not take your call because I was on DCS :P

Edited by RFC Rudel

Hi...I have win10, and DCS 1.5. open beta I have full version of app for ipad, and MDS are working but buttons i press don't do nothing..I even changed in the app settings and pointed it to dcs world open beta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

DCS Beta releases are not supported because they use different directories than the production release and are moving targets.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

• 1 month later...

Crashes every time I try to run it on both ipad 2 and ipad mini. It connects then crashes. uninstalled then reinstalled fresh on both, shut down and restarted. Running latest version. :(

OK got it working ok with DCS world - it was not running under A10c. Now I just need to learn how it all works. :)

Edited by Rotorhead11

So will this app support 2.0 once it's out of the Alpha stage and officially released? I bought the app, but haven't been able to use since 1.5. I was having problems with it in the old DCS though with the CDU freezing at times or not updating properly. I think there was an update to fix the CDU issue though, but I never got to try it out.

Edited by joebloggs

So will this app support 2.0 once it's out of the Alpha stage and officially released? I bought the app, but haven't been able to use since 1.5. I was having problems with it in the old DCS though with the CDU freezing at times or not updating properly. I think there was an update to fix the CDU issue though, but I never got to try it out.

Assuming nothing changes that makes it not possible, yep, updates will be supported as they're released as final versions (not alpha/beta). If something breaks when a final version is released I'll update ASAP.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in the app (any chance of a Christmas sale?) but I can't get the free version to connect. When I try to manually input the ip by clicking on the red dot in the bottom left corner in the app it only says " Enter the server IP address and port number" but it does not give me an window or keyboard to enter this. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

I am interested in the app (any chance of a Christmas sale?) but I can't get the free version to connect. When I try to manually input the ip by clicking on the red dot in the bottom left corner in the app it only says " Enter the server IP address and port number" but it does not give me an window or keyboard to enter this. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

There's a bug in A-10 VC Free with newer versions of iOS that won't allow inputting of the PC IP address. It has been addressed in iControl DCS, but A-10 VC Free hasn't been updated to resolve it.

I believe you already did, but if not, feel free to open a support ticket at http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html and clicking on the support link in the bottom left of the page. I'll do my best to get ya sorted out there!

• 4 weeks later...

As the last poster asked, does anyone know if this is available for 1.52?

=====================================

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.

Unfortunately this app still requires alot of refinement and polishing. It is still unable to provide exact functionality for a full A10c start up. The lag from the mfd's is very disappointing and in fact useless when in actual battle . However I have tried to give input and help bring this app forward. I know the developer hasn't the time to put everything into this app to get it to where it should be. I agree with most for what you get from the app the price is way too high. If border sells this app at a lower price he would actually get people biting at it more and spending money. Which in turn would give him more in his pocket. And best of all he would then put more effort and time into development.

Edited by Jateu

• 1 month later...

Just bought the app. Can't get it to work. I only have DCS 2.0. I see here:

http://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html

Attention - DCS World alpha and beta releases are not supported at this time. When new stable versions are released, the server software will be updated as soon as possible to support the new stable version if necesary.

Any idea when will 2.0 be supported? Would love to use the app...

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Hey boarder2. We all really need an iPad App for the F-10 map view. I ask you if you can make a App like this:

Take the F-10 map(probably you can extract the Ka-50 ABRIS Map).

We need make marks in this map using the iPad like a kneeboard.

There are some examples of this kinds of Apps that help the civilian air navigation, but could be some different features for the military navigation.

We need insert a GPS coord and set this coord in the Map like kneeboard.

We need tools for distance, radials, altitude in map point

Etc etc...

What do you think about?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1.5.x should work now that it's out of beta. If you upgraded from a previous version you might need to click "Force Update" in the server app to re-inject the script hooks for everything to work properly!

2.0 will be supported when it's no longer alpha/beta. At some point in the future I may consider trying to support alpha and beta releases in the server but at this point they're not supported.

Hey boarder2. We all really need an iPad App for the F-10 map view. I ask you if you can make a App like this: ...

Certainly interesting ideas! I've specifically avoided embedding game assets in my application to avoid copyright issues. Does anyone know if the map data is available via scripting?

2.0 will be supported when it's no longer alpha/beta. At some point in the future I may consider trying to support alpha and beta releases in the server but at this point they're not supported.

Wish it said this on the app store page...

Here are the listed requirements:

System Requirements:

- DCS World with A-10C Addon

- Microsoft Windows

- iControl DCS Server available at http://www.bit-shift.com/

- Due to limitations in the simulator, live MFCDs must be repeated on your monitor.

- Due to limitations in the simulator, the sim will be forced to run in full screen windowed mode

Probably should add a note in here that it wont work with 2.0 alpha/beta.

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Wish it said this on the app store page...

Here are the listed requirements:

System Requirements:

- DCS World with A-10C Addon

- Microsoft Windows

- iControl DCS Server available at http://www.bit-shift.com/

- Due to limitations in the simulator, live MFCDs must be repeated on your monitor.

- Due to limitations in the simulator, the sim will be forced to run in full screen windowed mode

Probably should add a note in here that it wont work with 2.0 alpha/beta.

Good catch, I've updated the store description. Thanks!

Wish I had caught it before I spent the $.

I will look into officially adding pre-release support this weekend. I have a proof of concept running locally, but it will cause major issues with uninstalling and cleaning up after itself if I release it this way.

Since this is a common request, I'll do my best to find a good way to support it. Stay tuned.