[REPORTED]Crash to desktop after today update

Yuya6104

• ED Team

Did you have any modifications installed, and if so did you remove them before updating?

please attach your whole logs folder zipped and we will take a look.

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

guide in my signature

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

attach your logs please other wise we are just guessing :)

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

While Yuya is not responding, I'll attach my logs though. First attempt of loading cold start instant mission - successful. First attempts of loading my own, simple, custom mission - crash to desktop. I don't quite know how to decipher crashlogs, but some texture errors could be found in these, so I deactivated my MiG modifications at first (simple stuff - hint localizer, FoV, black gunsight base texture), crash again, disabled all mods, repaired DCS, crash again.

Enabled mods again. Figured out ASO pods might be the culprit (these have a history of causing issues), removed these from my plane - mission loaded and played fine. When I landed and started switching off airplane systems, upon turning the radio off - DCS crashed (?). Today's update doesn't seem to be fortunate for the -21.

I might do some test flying later to narrow down potential crash scenarios, but meanwhile, If You could take a look at my collection of today's crashlogs, I'd appreciate it.

Logs1.zip

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It's happening to me and another I'm flying with as well. I removed mods before the update and tested with and without mods. The crashes are random. I can get into MP but once I start flying for a few minutes I'll CTD.

Edited by BSS_Sniper

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Same thing for me. After i reinstalled the game i could join MP just like always, but when ive tried something in SP the game crashed, and after that i cannot join MP anymore..

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

• ED Team

thanks for the logs.

we are looking at different crashes between you guys, but give me some time and I will take a look and see IF I can spot anything.

I just tested my mig-21 it seems fine, i will have a play about with the radios next as well

Same problem here...

I'm using the Steam version with no mods.

All other planes still work fine!

Pls see my log attached!

dcs.txt

Logs.zip

Edited by weird-marksman
Add log folder

:joystick: Ryzen 7 3800x | 32GB RAM | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Dual OC 8G | M.2 for DCS only | X56 | Thrustmaster TFRP | HTC Vive | TrackIR 5 | MONSTERTECH Desk Mounts | Windows 10 Pro

• ED Team

Keep the logs coming guys if you have them, we seem to be getting different crashes so all info will help leatherneck and ED

I had the same problem but fixed it this way:

I also have a lot of mods so I always make sure to deactivate them all before updating.

I have both Open Beta and release version of 1.5.4 and after updating the release version I encountered the same problem with the 21.

First I made a repair, that did not help..then I uninstalled The MiG-21 and reinstalled it again...did not help. Then I uninstalled the MiG again and also uninstalled the Open Beta. After that I installed the MiG again and it worked fine...seems like some outdated files were copied from the Open beta during the update operation of the release version..just my guess...

Reinstall of the DLC fixed it

I just removed and reinstalled the DLC what seems to fix the problem.

As i mentioned before, I'm using the Steam version with no betas ever installed.

:joystick: Ryzen 7 3800x | 32GB RAM | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Dual OC 8G | M.2 for DCS only | X56 | Thrustmaster TFRP | HTC Vive | TrackIR 5 | MONSTERTECH Desk Mounts | Windows 10 Pro

thanks for the logs.

we are looking at different crashes between you guys, but give me some time and I will take a look and see IF I can spot anything.

I just tested my mig-21 it seems fine, i will have a play about with the radios next as well

Its not fine.

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

I had the same problem but fixed it this way:

I also have a lot of mods so I always make sure to deactivate them all before updating.

I have both Open Beta and release version of 1.5.4 and after updating the release version I encountered the same problem with the 21.

First I made a repair, that did not help..then I uninstalled The MiG-21 and reinstalled it again...did not help. Then I uninstalled the MiG again and also uninstalled the Open Beta. After that I installed the MiG again and it worked fine...seems like some outdated files were copied from the Open beta during the update operation of the release version..just my guess...

Seems like just an odd thing, my buddy and I don't have open beta.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

step 1...join 104th

step 2...flick the 3 switches, one of which being battery heat, the other like SO 750 iirc

step 3...wait 1 second

step 4... crash to desktop

great stuff ED.....

EVERY patch for months has been one step forward, and 5 back....:bomb:

theirs all my logs, fix EDs **** up please....

PS.....the 104th would LOVE it if every update didnt require them re adding the flair and chaff pod, and the RATO pods....so i didnt have to bug them every patch

the fuel tanks are usually missing...sometimes the smaller center line is their, other times its not.

the 800l is always missing

Crash logs.rar

Edited by kainhall