Developer Interview

Bvoiash

I'm glad it's a fixed wing aircraft, and it's actually obvious now, it's going to be a fighter or multirole. So, good news!

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad it's a fixed wing aircraft, and it's actually obvious now, it's going to be a fighter or multirole. So, good news!

The only thing obvious is that people like to form conclusions out of thin air. :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

--Not sure on this, but...

Isn't there a good deal of work to be done on ground radar for these planes?

Was some AG radar implemented in FC or BS?

If it is to be implemented...in the next DCS release... wouldn't that be (I don't do code, but I think there's a technical term for it...) um... a huge pain in the ass?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

"Operation: Bull by the Horns" "Bull Run 2.0"

The only thing obvious is that people like to form conclusions out of thin air. :)

Exactly, thin air is where the fighters fly! :D

Gimme one good candidate, that isn't fighter / multirole. (except that agricultural thing, EtherealN brings up all the time)

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!! That's definitley code for fighter! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

JK.

(Quite honestly, though I have my preferences like everyone, I don't really care what plane is modeled. Strike fighter, Bomber, Apache, C-17, Eurofighter Typhoon, another CAS, as long as it's modeled accurately and in greater depth than I'll ever be able to use, I'll be the first in line. So far, I am not disappointed!)

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

"We've spent some time with the latest version and it's shaping up to be every simmer's wet dream, even if Kelly McGillis isn't included!" --Bennett Ring, Games on Net

:huh:

I wouldn't fly that sim with your joystick, Bennett.

Edited by mooshim

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

"Operation: Bull by the Horns" "Bull Run 2.0"

That is IMHO obvious, but they don't do Hercules sim or B-2 Spirit :]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

"Jim Mackonochie: We are currently working on a Nevada map that will be centered on Nellis AFB. This map is designed to be used for training missions and virtual "Red Flag" exercises. This map will be the first map to utilize our new graphics engine. The map will be released as part of an Upgrade Pack later in 2011."

Any comment on this? how can a graphics engine be tied to a single map? (I might not be understanding the sentence in the right way...)

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

(except that agricultural thing, EtherealN brings up all the time)

But... But...

:cry:

It's not an agricultural thing! It has bombs and rockets and stuff! :mad:

But well, okey then:

AIR_AT-6B_Concept_Desert_lg.jpg

Happy now? :D

Any comment on this?

Sure: it'll be pretty.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

As I remember correctly there is new building system which let you populate cities densely. Don't know that Jim had on mind though.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

maybe a tanker sim? with switchable pilot/boom op position. that would be something new ;-)

hope it's gonna be the F-16C, so i don't have to study new avionics again. also would be happy with F/A-18 with carrier ops. hope it won't be the F-15, it's got no spirit imho.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MB: DFI Lanparty UT P35-T2R

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3,6 GHz @ 1,328V

VGA: MSI GTX460 HAWK @ 850/1700/1000 MHz

MFCD: Eizo S2231 22" S-PVA

RAM: A-Data Vitesta 2 x 2048 MB @ 960 MHz

FLT EQPM: Saitek X-52 Pro, TrackIR 5

IF it is a multirole fixed-wing a/c, that would be fantastic news. Also, I think it would sell like hot cakes - there is something for everyone, notwithstanding the fact this would be a 1st for ED. Not since Flanker 2.51 (and that was a gameplay compromise) has there been a true multirole capability in the sim.

Speculatively, I'm wondering if it's the F-16, again for an ANG end user?

James

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sure: it'll be pretty.

I'm sure about it! But I don't understand the sentence, it seems it says the graphics engine will only be available in this map, seems weird to me. I mean, I can understand new features available for the new map (new effects, more polys, etc) but, the whole new engine? will the sim have two engines then, one for the old map and one for the new map? x_X

Or will it be a single engine with new shiny features applied only to new maps but optimizations affecting all of them?

PD: language barrier for the win XD

Edited by Distiler
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

It's not an agricultural thing! It has bombs and rockets and stuff! :mad:

That's to scare the crows away!

Spoiler

I'm sure about it! But I don't understand the sentence, it seems it says the graphics engine will only be available in this map, seems weird to me. I mean, I can understand new features available for the new map (new effects, more polys, etc) but, the whole new engine? will the sim have two engines then, one for the old map and one for the new map? x_X

Or will it be a single engine with new shiny features applied only to new maps but optimizations affecting all of them?

My guess would be that it utilizes some new features, possibly from the DX11 engine overhaul, but again, i'm just guessing based on the same info that everyone else has.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

PD: language barrier for the win XD

I'd guess, since it is currently being built, the Nevada map probably has more scope to take advantage of new features in the new engine.

Nate