Silent Hunter 5

diveplane

Surely niche developers MUST now walk the path of independance? Like DCS? Having to go through Ubi to publish hardcore sims seems to doom something like this to failure before it's even released...

Buying it doesn't support the actual developers, it seems to just support Ubi, who are the ones making all the bad decisions.

Bang on.

That's the way it seems to me.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But not everyone can spread the development costs over 2 markets.

What 2 markets do you mean?

The sim- market is small. And it is about the money. No one works for free. Maybe ED are still in business because they make also applications for the military. Like this they afford to release a part of the software for the market.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

I don't think its UBI that needs the support? They are the publisher who push small company's like whoever it is that made SH5 by saying "it WILL be released on xx:xx:xx date ready or not" at least that's what I've heard.

Its a pity this happens.

I'm going to keep my eye on SH5 though, from what I last read at Subsim it does have potential once its patched properly, a few community mods would be nice too ;) meanwhile I'm still quite happy with SH3 and Grey Wolves mod.

That may indeed be true. But it's UBI itself, which now doesn't identifies with sims anymore. they will keep publishing their mainstream stuff. I hope that in the future some publishing firm will show up that will focus only on sims and encourage developers to continue working on such.

UBI is a money machine they can't support product for small number . it's a pity definitly agreed . but sometimes we see nice stuff like SH3 , can't tell about SH5 don't have it . the moment when you heard you officer saying "ship spotted" was something difficult to describe sub.gif

Let's see, I had SH4 and the day was like this: start game at 11:00 in the morning, cross lot's of Ocean, see a convoy on map, race to convoy to see it's not there, find a small tanker, sink her, look at the clock and it's 3:00pm in the afternoon!!!!!1 wtf.........boooooooooorrrriiiinnnnggggg, good if your not married, definately don't have kids and the weather outside is always crappy.

don't know about latest SH but SH3 was , for me one of the greatest game of all time

Edited by jpm1

but sometimes we see nice stuff like SH3

I played SH2. When SH3 came out it was like: I should have been called: SH7, really generations away.

But back to UBI: I don't thing you will see any "sims" from them, it's good that they still encourage some innovative ideas (like RUSE) but everything is market oriented.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

What are you asking?

If you want to take a screenshot, there is a dedicated key for that on your keyboard - Print Screen. Saves screen data to clipboard, can paste into any program you like. Or just Paint.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

IMO there's no need for sudden eruption of SH series...

SH5 doesn't look any beter than SH3 in terms of eye-candy.

On top of that I got bored by just looking at a single YT video of it, I mean what's there that you haven't seen in previous versions of the game?

Another dislike for me is a constant stormy wather in open seas that makes me wait and wait and wait for a conwoy which noone can see...I can watch my nails grow by the time I get a contact...

BTW I wish for a proper WWII, cold war & modern day tank simulator...more dynamics there...

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is a bit hard to understand your problem. Can you give a bit more information about the context where you have that problem?

:cry:problem solved for buy new serial sh5

But this word ( digital image ) I did not understand

ubisoft They asked me, I give them the ( digital image ) form game

Personally, I do not understand Do you take this picture of keybord or camera

Edited by S125

Ubisoft want a "digital image" (photograph) of your SH5 serial to prove that you are the owner.

They asked me the same, that's how I see it.

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

:cry:problem solved for buy new serial sh5

But this word ( digital image ) I did not understand

ubisoft They asked me, I give them the ( digital image ) form game

Personally, I do not understand Do you take this picture of keybord or camera

"digital" = "all what has to do with computers"

"image" = picture

I think, they just want a screen shot from you where they can see the problem that you are having. Someone in this thread already described how you can do that.

And yes, you could probably just make a photography of your computer monitor with a digital camera or with your smart phone. But making a screen shot would be easier, I think.