Keeping lock for Sparrow but using the JHMCS for locking Sidewinder same time?

darkman222

Hi. I was wondering if that is possible and if so, how? I have to maintain lock for the Aim7 Sparrow but if I see another plane in range for my Aim9 Sidewinder I can not slave the Aim9 Seekerhead on the JHMCS to the new target. I can switch to the Aim9 while maintaining lock but cage/uncage press/longpress does not do anything. Is it even possible to do that?

You mean you're getting the AIM-9 seeker on the HUD but it won't follow the JHMCS? What happens if you maneuver to put a target in the seeker's FOV, does it lock it up?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Yes, if I do manouver the plane with the HUD and the seeker pointing at the new target it does give tone and locks. And I tried again today to move the sidewinder seeker with the HMCS on another target while radar locking another. It randomly worked. The sidewinder seeker seemed to be jumping between the radar lock and the bandit I acquired visually. I could manage to uncage the sidewinder when the seeker was on the visually acquired guy and the seeker stayed on on him after uncaging. Tried to repeat, but it didnt work for the second time. No matter if you have Aim9 X or M.

**edit: I dont know. Wags also said in his tutorials that you should be depressing uncage for some reason. But press and hold does not do anything. Press and let go is the only input the uncage button seems to register

Edited by darkman222