[NO BUG]JHMCS not starting from manual cold start

astrospud

Hi guys, I've done searches for this issue but can't find anything about it.

Ever time I run a cold start manually, I can't get the HMCS working.

I run BIT tests WoW and it either says RESTART or NOT READY.

What am I missing?

Rectum non bustus

So you get it when you auto start, but you don’t when you cold start? I fly in vr and never had an issue with the jhmcs on cold start. What are your steps in a cold start? Can you record it? You might be missing something

i7-6700k| 32GB ram| GTX 2080 founders edition| Oculus Rift 2

My WIP Youtube

Hi Calicrook, thanks for the reply.

As Im currently at work reading this, I'll have to wait until I get home to test this, however, I have reviewed Chucks Hornet guide and ran through the startup and recall this is how I also start up my plane. I generally don't miss anything, but I sometimes forget certain steps, only to rectify them out of sequece, usually to do with moving the radar from standby to operate, or switching on the countermeasures suite.

I'm thinking maybe this has an effect on HMCS functionality, but until I get home and practice a cold start as per the official process, I'm going to have to assume that my install has a bug.

Rectum non bustus

Well I did a comprehensive test and the HMCS must be bugged, because the Autostart situation has changed. Autostart no longer provides a reticle either.

@backspace340, I've tried that as well, and no dice.

Im hesitant to post in Bugs subforum, as there might be something that I have missed.

Rectum non bustus

Im hesitant to post in Bugs subforum, as there might be something that I have missed.

Nobody else seems to be having this problem, so there must be either something wrong with your DCS install, or you are doing something odd in your procedure.

If you post a track of you doing a cold start and the JHMCS not functioning it will help us figure out what the issue is.

If it turns out to be a bug they will want that track too anyway.

If other people run the track and it works then we will know that something is wrong with your installation.

Otherwise we will see what is wrong in the procedure.

Exclusively in VR here, and never had any issues with JHMCS, I turn the knob and 5 seconds later I have symbology, just takes those few seconds after turning it on.

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Don't use VR but tested now anyway and JHMCS works from cold start both from carrier or airfield.

Could you try a non-standard start-up by only turning on JHMCS and then start one engine (doesn't matter which)? I just tested that and it works with either engine (or start one engine and then turn on JHMCS). Don't touch anything else.

Have you tried different HMD render settings in the special tab (left/right/both eyes)?

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022