[MAP IS FINAL] Can some sea be added to map for a carrier?

Just looking at the map, in the lower left corner there is some coastline. Can the Devs add a small amount of sea so we can use a carrier for carrier ops and training for this map?

It shouldn't be a stretch for them to add a little coastline and it doesn't need to be very detailed. I'd love to be able to use the Stennis on this map for training!

An aircraft carrier . In Nevada . Need i say more ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Yes! Add California in. Or, while we are at it, please span to Virginia, I really like NAS Oceania concept ;)

Then map would not be called NTTR, or would it?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Wait, you want more of the continental United States, where no air war has been fought. You wouldn't prefer to see more appropriate combat zones modeled first?

Irony on--- OK. Different, but sure. Why not? We don't really need a combat simulator. Why not have just civil aircraft instead? ---Irony off

And there is no ocean for quite a distance around the NTTR

He is, I believe, speaking about the bottom left corner of the map which is actually the Pacific ocean. Currently it is desert coloured but if you switch to map view in the editor, you can see how much of the Pacific is actually there.

SD is correct, this has been requested and flatly denied previously, we are unlikely to see it unless this is the new free map including Fallon and some of the ocean.

Irony on / off

Wait, you want more of the continental United States, where no air war has been fought. You wouldn't prefer to see more appropriate combat zones modeled first?

Irony on--- OK. Different, but sure. Why not? We don't really need a combat simulator. Why not have just civil aircraft instead? ---Irony off

No, I forgot irony on/off switch.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Look it's doable as back when NTTR was on servers we had aircraft carriers* so someone knows of a mod. Sorry I don't but it was great fun and the NTTR map it the best performance map we have another great reason to use it.

For all the naysayers, who cares it's a sim, you know pixels and computer code cut it your own way but don't expect to force your opinions and lets be honest that's all the are on everyone else.

* I know I destroyed one of the carriers, burnt for hours. :megalol:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Just looking at the map, in the lower left corner there is some coastline. Can the Devs add a small amount of sea so we can use a carrier for carrier ops and training for this map?

It shouldn't be a stretch for them to add a little coastline and it doesn't need to be very detailed. I'd love to be able to use the Stennis on this map for training!

That lower left corner is LA, which would require a lot of new autogen classes to model well. I'd love to get more CONUS coverage, but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

As I said it's doable albeit in the lake back of the dam. We had in MP in NTTR.

Someone knows how to do it maybe ask Aerobatics Server Admin. :music_whistling:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 1 month later...

Anyone got a link to the details of the new map. I’ve clearly missed it

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

As I said it's doable albeit in the lake back of the dam. We had in MP in NTTR.

Someone knows how to do it maybe ask Aerobatics Server Admin. :music_whistling:

I'd hate to be the one tasked to transport an aircraft carrier to that lake :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 1 month later...

The irony there is that you used sarcasm and not irony after switching the irony on...:joystick: