F14 wing sweep axis

FoxDelta

because someone mentioned to 3d draw a 3d printable wing sweep handle for the WARTHOG HOTAS friction lever. And i am willing to do this but at the moment there is no axis assignment possible for this, my question to HEATBLUR

Will we be able to assign an axis to the em wing sweep lever? and or to the flaps lever? in the near future

:helpsmilie:

as my other projects, i will provide the print files for the community for free of course

Edited by FoxDelta

Pretty cool, but how often do you use the emergency lever?

Every time you cat launch on the carrier, and every time you trap on the carrier. I also put the wings in oversweep when taxiing on shore.

An axis would be really nice. After trapping, having to go heads down and fiddle with the sweep lever while simultaneously taxiing off the angled deck, and trying not to hit anyone or anything, can get dicey. A real pilot would have that spot memorized and could operate the lever without taking his eyes off the Yellow shirts.

I believe it does. I’ve been sweeping it back with the button and then pulling the handle up at 68 degrees and when the light goes off moving back to over sweep.

This is how it was done in the aircraft.

After landing. Flaps up wings to bomb mode. Engage NWS. Let cable pull you aft. Hook up on signal, power up to stop rolling aft and to taxi out of landing area. Don't use brakes when jet is moving aft unless in an emergency. By now flaps are up so wings manual full aft using switch on throttle. As you taxi life wing handle cover and hold wingsweep handle up. Drop handle and hands up to Disarm. After disarming, start over, hold handle up again. Go to oversweep when stab light on.

Viewpoints are my own.

will we get an axis under control settings for the wing sweep handle, was the question

Okay, got Victory's procedure to work...somewhat. It's really fickle.

1. Flaps up

2. Wings BOMB

3. MAN sweep 68 with the throttle controls

4. EMER SWEEP handle straight to oversweep without pulling the handle up

5. Pull the EMER SWEEP handle up once in the oversweep position

That's the only way I've gotten the wings to go into oversweep without spending a lot of head's down time with the EMER SWEEP lever.

will we get an axis under control settings for the wing sweep handle, was the question

• 1 year later...

+1 I would appreciate this binding too

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

• 7 months later...

Would be nice to see some new bindings added every few patches.  

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2