EOS 1.2.7

Frostie

There is plenty enough angle to see -15 degrees.

3041516727_5186094577_o.jpg

Actually...

Cone tip and probe by being leading egde of the fuselage get very hot so usually radiate heat and interefere (clutter) the sensor. Close to it's negative gimabals EOS is very buggy.

Perhaps that's the reason for this FC3 limitation...

On the other hand Russian jets get a lot of limitations lately that really degrade them to their 1982 modus operandi instead of upgrading whole lot of it on our way to DCS:Su-27SM or DCS:MiG-35...

From LOMAC 1.02 to FC3 the only upgrade is a functional gun pipper...

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It cannot be -30 - there is no possibility to look down from KOLS position. It tells, that HUD is scaled to represent -30. It does not mean the target can appear in the lowest part of it. On another page of that manual the track zone is set +30 -15 and is drawn asymmetrical.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

It makes sense the scaled representation of the HUD in lock mode. Thanks.

Maybe this two pics are the ones you are talking about. The first shows +30º -15º on elevation as you said.

jaCE5Dj.jpg

Ed7FAnT.jpg

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The Su-27SK manual is public on internet.

My knowledge about Su-27 EOS come through that manual.

Basically the SU-27 EOS has this characteristics:

Scan FOV of 60º in azimut and 10º in elevation in wide mode, with a 5 seconds refresh period.

Scan FOV of 20º in azimut and 5º in elevation in narrow mode, with 1 second refresh period.

The basic scan pattern is + - 60º in azimut and - 15º + 60º in elevation

ky7eLRJ.jpg

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

But yet, public information that ED choose to ignore, they know best?

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

We don't ignore. We just had possibility to model one control type. Later they will be separated.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

ED has all that information.

ED isn't interested in increasing the complexity of old code, since new code requires their attention.

Edit: Frogfoot said it nicer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I don´t think they ignored the information. My guess is when you model at FC level ED must take some decisions about what could be included and what can´t be, and also the level of fidelity.

About EOS they take the decision to model OLS-29, not OLS-27, and to the maximum level of fidelity FC stands. And sadly, not all features could be implemented at this simulation level.

Maybe in the future with a DCS level module for Flanker or Fulcrum.

Edit: Fast replies..... XDDDD no more guess

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FC2 had the ability to scan up and down manually.

And gyro stabilization was not present, actually, only for Radar but not EOS in FC2.

Gyro stabilization was present for EOS in FC2 and the HUD only saw +/-5 degrees, the elevation slew allowed +30/-15.

In FC2 when flying level with a contact on the nose at co-altitude if you pitched the nose up or down the contact would remain in the same spot on the HUD because the gyro was in effect, it would only move when your altitude drastically changed. You could not fly up underneath a target point your nose at it and find it on EOS because of the gyro stabilization.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

The Su-27SK manual is public on internet.

My knowledge about Su-27 EOS come through that manual.

Basically the SU-27 EOS has this characteristics:

Scan FOV of 60º in azimut and 10º in elevation in wide mode, with a 5 seconds refresh period.

Scan FOV of 20º in azimut and 5º in elevation in narrow mode, with 1 second refresh period.

The basic scan pattern is + - 60º in azimut and - 15º + 60º in elevation

ky7eLRJ.jpg

Alright, so I assume the dashed area in the picture above represents what is hidden by the aircraft nose. Then it means you can't see anything below say -10 degrees unless you maneuver to do so. What the HUD displays does not represent possible real scan angles.

Now we just need to put up with the +15 limited vertical scan as it goes higher in RL. A slight nose up should normally do the trick by the time we get a more accurate EOS implementation.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Will the EOS in vertical CAC and HMD modes still have the current vertical gimbals limits or will that be changed as well?

i supossed it would be the same. No reason to change something is correct right now.

Vertical Scan Mode Close Combat. EOS ONLY. HUD only shows + - 12º FOV. Complete Size +16º -14º ( 4º wide )

ktXBvWk.jpg

Vertical Scan Mode Colse Combat. Radar ON. +37º -13º (6º wide)

RMpTMh9.jpg

CAC mode ( OPT ). 3.36º wide lock zone.

ExsLkAi.jpg

HELMET - RADAR - EOS - Longitudinal Missiles Aiming Mode. Helmet + - 60º azimut / +60º -15º elevation.

LaW9nZV.jpg

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In russian:

Su-27SK

In spanish ( expanded and improved by me)

Spanish Right clic and save

In russian Mig-29A Flight Manual

Mig-29A Flight Manual

Combat Manual.

Combat manual

In spanish

Spanish Flight Manual Right clic and save

Spanish Combat Manual Right clic and save

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]