• Vulkan API implementation
    • Complete existing modules
    • Create new aircraft modules
    • Create new helicopter modules
    • Create new maps
    • Create more DLC campaigns/missions
    • Upgrade weather system
    • Upgrade AI
    • Nothing, DCS is already perfect in any way! OMG!
    • Other...

What would you wish to be prioritized by ED/3rd parties?

(I could only add 10 options ;))

And yes, you may only choose 1!

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Apparently not :) No poll shown here .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Apparently not :) No poll shown here .

shhh... patience my friend!

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Voted "Other", because Dynamic Campaign is not on the list!

And no, it's not just another campaign. It's an entire new feature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Voted "other" . For VR optimisation .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I wanted to guve you guys this option.. but.. 10 was max..

Dynamic campaign.. good one :thumbup:

System specs:

Definitely dynamic campaign, bugfixing/completing existing modules following close behind.

Edit: "Bugfixing" includes things like fixing the damage model finally, so CBUs for example actually work.

Edited by Kailux

Gone for good.

I'd like to have more Maps ... seems I'm in the minority tough :(

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This is a pretty difficult one to answer

- Vulkan API - seems like it would be something of a revolution, however if IIRC it would be incredibly costly and difficult to implement, so from a pure feasibility standpoint I'm going to give it a miss for now but not taking it out of the question, if someone wants to correct me be my guest

- Completing existing modules - absolutely! This is the one I voted for but I'm going to expand 'completing' to also mean updating. Obviously there's the F/A-18C and we're getting paid andfree upgrades to the Ka-50, a free cockpit upgrade to the A-10C. But there are other things like the fairly broken Yak-52, with problems not limited to it's ADF and DM (WIP), the rudder behaves interestingly when used with a keyboard (like not returning to centre) and the flight controls snapping back when released. The Mil-Mi8's cockpit is beginning to look fairly out of date, the swashplates still aren't animated (unlike rest of the helicopters), still no multicrew to name a few.

- New aircraft modules - Meh, nah - yes there's plenty of fixed and rotary winged stuff I'd like to see added (even if AI only) but as a priority? Nah, I'd much rather see the current inventory of modules, and other assets completed and updated to the same standard, even if these upgrades are paid for (I realise that continually upgrading things free of charge isn't financially viable) but I'd much prefer to see everything up to scratch first, then add more, if things aren't finished and then more are added, it makes keeping the old stuff up to scratch more difficult as now you've got more on your plate.

- New maps, yes important, yes I've got a fairly comprehensive wishlist, but IMO not as important as updating the old or other tasks.

- More DLC campaigns/missions - I can't say as I don't really play them, I think each aircraft should have it's own campaign. But the important thing is training missions all up to the same standard (I might end up saying 'up to the same standard' in my sleep at thisnrate :lol:) In total not a big a priority as some other items. Dynamic campaign is completely another matter however.

- Upgrade the weather system - yes, yes oh my god yes. The current system is incredibly primitive and lacking in so much. There are plenty of possible ideas for improvements, definable cloud types and layers, precipitation/thunderstorm intensity, different weather in different locations, weather changes over time.

- Upgrade AI - another big item, but I imagine fairly difficult (but still very, very important).

- As for others, there's quite a few - 3D Mission Editor, improved coalitions (multiple coalitions, dynamic allegiances, being able to edit them during the mission editing process not just the start); improved radio communications/speech; underwater modelling (with regard to SLCMs, mines, torpedoes). Ship improvements (both 3D modelling and texturing, but also ships manoeuvring in combat, as well as chaff etc). A full fidelity ground vehicle module (regardless of what it is). The list goes on

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Before that I'd rather my screen/total fps back. When the Tomcat has been released, ED changed something that took 60% of my fps away and I am not the only one hit by this. This is totally unacceptable and I want to have this fixed before anything else, the sooner the better.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Finish the current modules.

Stuff like F/A-18 with no ground radar, and Jester unable to use the Lantirn, and the updates seem to break modules and mods and so on makes me commonly reconsider why I dove into this sim in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, love it. But it is very much an unfinished product. Remember the heady days of Yuri Gagarin and Sputnik when games weren't released until they were DONE?

Dynamic Multiplayer Campaigns.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Other.. DC.

What's a DC?

System specs: