Canopy rain effect in VR

sirrah

Sorry if asked/wished before, but is the

still WIP?

Are there any plans to implement this for VR users?

I can imagine this quality would cause quite the frame drop, but maybe it could be checked on/off in settings, just like the option we have now for rain effect (only higher quality)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

This has been implemented for months now, just make sure the box is checked in options...

The new rain drop effect is not implemented in VR and has never worked in VR. It's been over a year since it has been reported, but no fix/word from ED has not been provided.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=209328&page=7

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

The new rain drop effect is not implemented in VR and has never worked in VR. It's been over a year since it has been reported, but no fix/word from ED has not been provided.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=209328&page=7

:(

Really hope ED will still implement it a some point for VR

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Worked fine months ago, works fine now. There just can't be a strong wind.

Was this video made in VR? It doesn't even look close to this on my CV1

(Yes I have rain effect checked on)

System specs:

(Yes I have rain effect checked on)

Looks like that in Reverb...

A lot of things have turned out to be Rift related, not DCS related as I found out since I got the Reverb.

Rotating clouds - gone.

Distant clouds flickering in and out of existence - mostly gone.

Sky banding at dawn and dusk - gone.

Thousands of stars in the night sky - yes with Reverb.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Yes. Delete your current fxo and metashaders folders to rebuild, and uninstall any mods.

Edited by Tailhook

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

Yes. Delete your current fxo and metashaders folders to rebuild, and uninstall any mods.

I do this after every update and have no mods installed (not even Kegetys shader mod).

Guess it's a cv1 thing then :(

Edit: you do mean the metashader2 folder in saved games, right?

System specs:

h5L0md1_eRc

a year old video showing the rain effects when i slow down to land. done in the CV-1.

watch the end.

what module are you flying? because not all modules have the rain effect.

i think its missing in the a10c and viggen as examples.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

No, is not working fine. The rain effect in VR isn't the same than in the monitor. Is incomplete.

Define incomplete with a picture. This is not the same as the OP, which said there was none. To avoid confusion, don't add comments to a post that is talking about something different (no rain versus "incomplete rain") it just drags the conversation in all sorts of odd ways and generates confusion.

It works for me in VR by the way.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

On my Odyssey Plus the rain works fine when you're sitting on the ramp or taxiing. Once speed gets up the rain effect disappears and I get this odd looking "seam" across the top of the canopy.

Which canopy? All canopies? At what speed? What happens at the same point outside of VR? Is this the same as the guy above posted by meaning "incomplete". Could you show a picture of what is in non VR that VR is missing?

I've honestly got no idea what I miss if I haven't seen it and maybe not many do if they are one or other?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• ED Team

Hi all,

we still have this in our bug tracker, and I am sure more tweaks will come.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Define incomplete with a picture. This is not the same as the OP, which said there was none.

Sorry, I might not have been clear in my initial post. It's not that I don't see any rain effect in VR, it just doesn't look anywhere close to what we see in Wag's WIP video (which is probably outdated by now)

Tested it in:

F-14

F-18

AV8B

A-10C (which indeed has no effect whatsoever)

Huey

FC3 aircraft

P-51

Edit:

Hi all,

we still have this in our bug tracker, and I am sure more tweaks will come.

thanks

ah ok, thanks for the reply Bignewy

Edited by BIGNEWY
spelling in quote

System specs:

Which canopy? All canopies? At what speed? What happens at the same point outside of VR? Is this the same as the guy above posted by meaning "incomplete". Could you show a picture of what is in non VR that VR is missing?

I've honestly got no idea what I miss if I haven't seen it and maybe not many do if they are one or other?

I've noticed it on the F-5, F-15, and F-14 so far. I should have a video of me flying the Tomcat through a sunshower in VR where the weird canopy seam should be visible. I'll try to get a screen grab of it.

Outside the canopy the rain is perfectly normal. In non-VR the canopy rain effect is also perfectly normal.