MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist)- enhancing mission scripting Lua - Page 133 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 07:32 AM   #1321
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Cool. The bug was already fixed internally for 1.5.7 but it was never a problem in any other version I tested.
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #1322
HiJack
Veteran

I'm in need of a script or a mission that crashes DCS 1.5, either a CTD or freezing DCS. If anyone have a tip I would be glad. Currently tried a few Mist commands but it only get scripting errors and that does not make the test. Please PM me any mission ar script you think will crash server. Thanks

Spoiler:

ASUS Z97-PRO, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor overclocked to @ 4.20 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
Samsung SSD 850PRO 1TB SSD
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:42 PM   #1323
Olddog

Default Country not found: third_reich

Open Alpha V 2.1.1.9459.269
Normandy Map
DCS: WWII Assets Pack
Mist 4.3.74

For a test miz I have one truck (Blitz_36-6700A) with the county set to Third Reich in the ME. and two zones.

When trying to use mist.teleportInZone I'm getting the following error:

SCRIPTING: MIST|1332: Country not found: third_reich

If I change the the truck country to something other, the truck teleports fine and everything works as it should.

In the .miz file the truck is listed as:
Snip:
}, -- end of ["group"]
}, -- end of ["vehicle"]
["name"] = "Third Reich",
}, -- end of [2]
}, -- end of ["country"]

With a MIST dumpDB's the truck is listed as:

["country"] = "third reich",

But nowhere can I find any third_reich. Anyone have any clues ?
Olddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:18 PM   #1324
chromium
3rd Party Developer

I would like to call a teleport script that should be run as an advanced waypoint action, when a group reach a particoular wp it will teleport in a defined zone.

Buy I would like to teleport the group regardless to its name, so that I could rapidly create more groups with the same "teleport feature" simply by copy and paste in the mission editor

How could I sobstitute the "groupName" parameter in the mist function with the "self" name of the group?

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.
chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:02 AM   #1325
Zarma

@Grimes

Thanks for the work you did on MIST. I am not a Professional scripter and learned modifying the LUA files on my own. I am using a modified version of Jinx's CASCAP mission and wanted to add a JTAC unit close to a mist generated red group. Any help would be great.

link to original mission : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/1411712/

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 / https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074
Zarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:00 AM   #1326
chromium
3rd Party Developer

Hi Grimes, an info: I would like to use teleport to move some groups from a remote poiint tp an urban area with a great distribution (i.e. imagine a trigger zone over Krasnodar having a radius of 3 km).

Is there a way to prevent units, vehicles in particoular, to be teleported over buildings?

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:34 AM   #1327
Wrench

I'm having an error in call utility functions. Any function with utils in the name I get a nil value error. Such as

Code:
mist.utils.converter
I get

Code:
attemp to call 'converter' (a nil value)
As I say, I've tried a few utils, and get similar results.
Have the utilities been removed?

**Added**

Is there a way to basically combine mist.message.add and DCS func radioTransmission?
What I'd like is to use MiST's excellent multSound capability, but only over a specified frequency, like you can with radiotrasnmission.
Thanks as always!

Last edited by Wrench; 12-14-2017 at 04:24 AM.
Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:16 AM   #1328
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Converter should be working, but keep in mind I never actually got around to pushing that built out of the "development" branch. So make sure you are using a file from here: https://github.com/mrSkortch/Mission...ee/development

As for the radio transmission, I think it would be doable. It would be an extra set of parameters on an already complicated scripting function though. Radio transmissions are quite separated from triggered messages and sounds, so I'd be more inclined to create a new function to do it. I probably would give it the ability to do transmissions from units if desired. I've got the perfect mission to test it out on.

Chromium, I'll look into it. As a quick fix you could probably make the units drive a little bit. If they spawn on a building, whenever the unit moves it gets teleported back to ground level. It might be a complicated mess in the future due to all the new trees on Caucuses and the tree positioning isn't exactly detectable.
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:39 AM   #1329
Wrench

Thanks, Grimes. I'll have to look into the dev branch.
Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #1330
chromium
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
Chromium, I'll look into it. As a quick fix you could probably make the units drive a little bit. If they spawn on a building, whenever the unit moves it gets teleported back to ground level. It might be a complicated mess in the future due to all the new trees on Caucuses and the tree positioning isn't exactly detectable.
That's the point. May I suggest you to check y value of the spawned unit, if it's > than land.getHeight you might assume that you're not on ground level (wouldn't work for bridges.. but could be feasible?). I might move the units but doing so I would lose larger "disperse" parameter.