Clock (in HUD)

I didn't notice this until I tried using the clock myself, but it's in Matt's video too.

Watch what happens to the time displayed in the HUD at the 3m35s mark: when minute 42 has elapsed, it doesn't roll over to minute 43, but stays at 42. Keep watching, and at 15 seconds passed the minute, it the changes to minute 43. This pattern repeats every minute.

I've not tried the clock built into the IFEI yet, it might be the same.

Reminds me of clocks at the train station that stick to 12 for like 3 or 4 seconds every minute... but in this CASE III, it's the ultimate answer to all. Probably works as intended twilightsmile.png

Addit: I find it strange that at 00:25 local the zulu time is 13:42. Correlating time zones, the minutes should at least be exactly the same or exactly 30 minutes apart depending on time zones.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Reminds me of clocks at the train station that stick to 12 for like 3 or 4 seconds every minute... but in this CASE III, it's the ultimate answer to all. Probably works as intended twilightsmile.png

Addit: I find it strange that at 00:25 local the zulu time is 13:42. Correlating time zones, the minutes should at least be exactly the same or exactly 30 minutes apart depending on time zones.

There's a couple 45 minute offsets as well out there.

• 4 weeks later...

I have also done some testing.

Mission start times, I like to fly 02:00

so set mission time to 0200

in sim//mission start time 02:00:00, zulu time is 15:17:18?huh.gif

//mission start time 03:00:00, zulu time is 00:17:18?huh.gif

//mission start time 04:00:00, zulu time is 00:00:00 ...YES -4thumbup.gif

//mission start time 01:00:00, zulu time is 14:17:18?huh.gif

//mission start time 00:00:00, zulu time is 13:17:18?huh.gif

//mission start time 23:00:00, zulu time is 19:00:00 ...YES -4thumbup.gif

Flamin_Squirrel

Good catch ...The mission in the video was started at 00:00:00 (13:17:18 Hud zulu)

anytime between 0400 and 2300 are goodtogothumbup.gif

0000 to 0300 ????????doh.gif

Edited by Dispatch
additional line

~

Can't say I've ever paid really close attention to the time of day in the Warthog, but I don't recall ever seeing a TOT error due to adding or losing time. The +/- has never dropped or added whole hours, minutes or gross amounts of seconds that I can remember seeing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 2 months later...