Spitfire Flaps to TM HOTAS Slider

I'm trying to harmonize my TM HOTAS control settings between the P-51D and the Spitfire.

Since I use the TM Throttle HOTAS Slider in the P-51D, I'd ofc like to use the same in the Spitfire. But since the Spitfire flaps are only binary--either up or down--it's not possible to set them in the Axis settings for the Spitfire.

Is there a solution for this? a lua which can be edited to allow the flaps to be set in the Axis settings?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I can. On the P-51D it Cut-Off/Full-Rich/WEP.

A long time ago I used the flaps switch for flaps too, but I got tired of click-click-click... to go from up to down and back, and always having to look at the flaps themselves or at the flap lever to know for sure how far they were extended.

Using the slider I can feel what the setting is.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

?

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

I don't really understand why you would want to do this. As you said, Spitfire flaps are only up or down.

Also, the controls are in a vastly different place than in the Mustang.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I can. On the P-51D it Cut-Off/Full-Rich/WEP.

A long time ago I used the flaps switch for flaps too, but I got tired of click-click-click... to go from up to down and back, and always having to look at the flaps themselves or at the flap lever to know for sure how far they were extended.

Using the slider I can feel what the setting is.

I guess my explanation was a bit lacking :huh:

Yes, I used to have the TM HOTAS Throttle 3-way Flaps switch setup for the P-51D's flaps.

Then I discovered I could use the TM HOTAS Throttle Throttle-Lever Resistance Adjustment slider to control the P-51D's flaps, so I set that up to control the P-51D's flaps. It works like a charm.

Since I had the TM HOTAS Throttle 3-way Flaps switch free now, I decided to use that for a combination of the P-51D's fuel-mixture switch ("Idle Cutoff" and "Run" settings) and "WEP"(1), since the "Full Rich"(2) setting of the mixture switch is only needed in certain emergency situations (and I read somewhere that these are not modeled in the DCS P-51D).

(1) WEP is not an actual switch in the P-51D's cockpit, but you need to use a controller switch (or key-press) to activate it, by emulating pushing the P-51D's actual throttle lever through the wire.

(2) I wrote that wrong above, I actually meant "Run" in my previous post.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

I don't really understand why you would want to do this. As you said, Spitfire flaps are only up or down.

Also, the controls are in a vastly different place than in the Mustang.

As I stated in my first post, I'm trying to harmonize the controller settings between the P-51D and the Spitfire, which mostly consists of setting the Spitfire to use the same settings as the P-51D.

But I'm failing trying to use the TM HOTAS Throttle slider to operate the Spitfire's flaps.

Ofc in a sense it's a waist to use a axis control to operate something which is only up or down, but it's really a question of using the same control on the TM HOTAS Throttle for flaps on both DCS a/c.

I don't want to have to re-think controls when switching from one a/c to the other. There are more than enough other controls I have to re-think, and I'm trying to minimize them.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

NOTE: My personal key bindings are in that script which are not always the default key binds and so simply running the file will not allow all things to work without the bindings.

I don't recommend people run this script but it is simply for reference.

I attached my Target script (one file only) in case someone who is good at coding can see how it is done in Target (C++ is it?) and maybe be able to figure out how to do it in Lua.

I used the slider for my Mixture which is the best use for it I have found yet thanks to someone's post in here.

I did it using the Target GUI and so can be no help in the coding department.

I don't script well manually but my GUI works great. I would think the idea can be accomplished using Lua too.

I don't know how well the 2 translate to one another.

If my script helps someone to assist you in finding a solution then it's a good thing.

TargetSpit.zip

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

With the TARGET GUI or script you can just define a button press (key combination) depending on the position of the lever.

Are you actually using TARGET?

PC Specs: Win10, 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5CL30@6000Mhz, ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X, 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, LG OLED42C2, Pico 4
Flight Sim Gear: VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base and 6cm extension, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip with Rotor TCS Plus Base, BRD-F1 Rudders(Su-35), 3x8"LCD 1024x768 with TM-MFDs, DIY dashboard with 60 buttons and 8 axis MMJOY2, POV-HAT(no TrackIR)
Aircraft: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-5E, Mig-21bis, Mig-15bis, AH-64D, Mi-24P, Mi-8MTV2, Black Shark 2 & 3, Uh-1H, FC3, SpitfireLFMkIX, P-51D, I-16, Mosquito FB VI, Bf109K-4
Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, Channel, Sinai

Tech: WWII Assets Pack, Supercarrier