Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Ordered.

Great looking product Deltaalphalima1, looking forward to using it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Hi Delta,

Got my new stick in today, thank you very much sir. Quick question despite the calibration being reset and performed the stick is centering off to the left. And ideas of tweaks?

I would recommend re-running the calibration tool a few times - and if that does not work possibly running Windows calibration and see if that makes a difference. It seems to have worked in a few cases.

Does it always return to slightly off centre? Or is there some small deadzone or "wiggle" at the centre of travel?

If you still can’t get it working properly, if you can send me a PM or an email I’ll be able to help you out a bit more.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Hey Delta,

I got my kit and installed it today but I'm getting the same problem as Legendofdino.

Setting a deadzone that allows it to center takes 80% or more, it always wants to center to the left.

It will center more to the center if it's centering from the right but from the left it's always more then half way between center and the edge.

I've tried the Windows calibration tool but to be honest I have no idea if it even does anything other then show me where it points, can't say it "calibrated" any differently.

I'll run the calibration tool again and get back to you with my results but I'm not overly hopeful I'll see a different result.

I'm really hoping to get this sorted, it would be a cool upgrade if it wasn't misbehaving but right now I wouldn't be able to recommend it.

-=EDIT=-

I'm reading some earlier comments and some have referenced "proper calibration", perhaps you or someone else could talk me through "proper calibration" as I very easily could be doing it wrong.

Edited by launchedsquid

Hey Delta,

I got my kit and installed it today but I'm getting the same problem as Legendofdino.

Setting a deadzone that allows it to center takes 80% or more, it always wants to center to the left.

It will center more to the center if it's centering from the right but from the left it's always more then half way between center and the edge.

I've tried the Windows calibration tool but to be honest I have no idea if it even does anything other then show me where it points, can't say it "calibrated" any differently.

I'll run the calibration tool again and get back to you with my results but I'm not overly hopeful I'll see a different result.

I'm really hoping to get this sorted, it would be a cool upgrade if it wasn't misbehaving but right now I wouldn't be able to recommend it.

-=EDIT=-

I'm reading some earlier comments and some have referenced "proper calibration", perhaps you or someone else could talk me through "proper calibration" as I very easily could be doing it wrong.

Sorry to hear you’re having an issue with the calibration. There are a few things that can cause this issue. The first thing to check is that the installation and calibration have been done properly. The official procedure is as follows, step one can be ignored if it has already been done:

1: With the old sensor installed makes sure the throttle firmware is on the latest version (23), update only in needed.

2: Install the new sensor into the throttle

3: Clear any existing Windows calibration I the game controller menu

4:Calibrate with the Thrustmaster calibration tool – make sure you are using the latest version for the Thumbstick from my website, the force sensor version is different and will cause issues.

If it is still not working then there are two main possible issues. One is that the sensor could be defective and have too much play in the centre, causing it to not properly return. This is unlikely as I do individually test ever sensor for this issue, and any defective sensor are not used.

The second and more likely issue is that when the sensor has been fitted it has become slightly off centre. Each and every circuit board and plastic part is slight different, just due to manufacturing tolerances. Sometime this tolerance stack can cause the relaxed position of the stick to not fall exactly inside the centre of the maximum travel. In other words the sensor will move further in one direction that the other. If this is excessive then it will cause issues with the calibration and the slight amount of centre wiggle that every stick has will not be accounted for by the deadzone of the throttle leading to the issue you describe

The best way to fix this issue is to reassemble the parts slight differently. One thing to try is to remove the sensor hat part and rotate it 180 degrees. This can also be tried with the front plate, or the alternative front plate from the one you are currently using. This will hopefully realign everything get it back working properly.

It’s very important to recalibrate the throttle after every change, to check if it has made a difference.

Hopefully that will be of use to someone :)

Feel free to send me a PM or an email if you still can’t get it working.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

Definitely improved after the thrustmaster calibration utility was used, I still messed it up a bit so I'll be fine tuning it but it's already centering better and far less sensitive, thanks for your help.

Anyone having this problem, download the Thrustmaster calibration tool, it is a vast improvement and far better than the windows calibration tool.

Mine is a very early Warthog, Serial 322. Updated firmware to both flight control stick and throttle with original nipple slew attached. Then followed mod install and calibration instructions to the letter and now nothing is working.

The slightest movement of the warthog flight control stick makes very spastic full deflection movements in-game. My throttle range is now only a few centimeters near full throttle. Mod stick and slider also have very small ranges and extremely spastic movements within those ranges. Multiple recalibrations with your provided tools do not help, neither does windows calibration.

I'm totally dead in the water here.

Help please.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Received my stick mod earlier this week and I can't even get this step done. Nothing is working now. :cry:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00136.pdf <-this doesn't help.

Mine is a very early Warthog, Serial 322. I don't have any "Firmware Update" in C:Thrustmaster and I can't find a "Firmware Updater" on the TM website. I contacted TM support on Tuesday and naturally haven't heard back from them.

How do I check/update the firmware?

I believe the update tool is installed alongside the official drivers - which can be downloaded from the Thrustmaster website: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/hotaswarthogflightstick-en/

If that doesn’t work for you let me know and I should be able to send the update program directly.

OK. I'm good.

Wiped everything Thrustmaster from my computer and then followed the bootloader instructions:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/manual/HOTAS_Warthog/HWarthog_Bootloader_Method.pdf

Stick, Throttle and Firmware was successfully recognized again, but the axis's were still super screwed up. Calibrated with your provided tools again, no worky. I finally deleted the calibration tools, re-downloaded, extracted...and the calibrations worked (mostly)!

I think the calibration tools weren't recognizing the included .txt files for some reason (A10_calibration and A10JoystickCalibration). I had an error regarding those files a couple times.

The ministick mod was working better, non-spastic, but still wouldn't take a good centering. Calibrated everything again with Windows Calibration and now it's all perfect.

That was certainly an ordeal.

Thanks again for the help!

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

I purchased the analog slew mod and I'm awaiting it's arrival. I noticed in the installation instructions it comes with two different front plates, one square and one circular. What is the difference? Obviously the circular would prevent some travel but why would one want to do that? What reason should you pick one over the other? Thanks!

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

I purchased the analog slew mod and I'm awaiting it's arrival. I noticed in the installation instructions it comes with two different front plates, one square and one circular. What is the difference? Obviously the circular would prevent some travel but why would one want to do that? What reason should you pick one over the other? Thanks!

personal preference. I stuck with the default square one.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Just ordered one for myself today...hope its as great as everyone says it is!

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Just received my email stating the product shipped. My order is #1710. Hope this helps those of you that are still waiting.

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

How many are in a batch, again? Getting excited for mine to get shipped.

There are 100 in each monthly batch. I’m currently up to #1739 and shipping around 25 per week.

Hopefully not too long to wait now :)

I bought one of the old force sensing units. Been in use ever since and can only say great things about it.

Did you ever play arround with the idea of having the slew unit on a separate USB device so you can unlock that 8-Bit resolution to a 10 or 12-bit? Doesnt really show on the A-10 or F-18, but if you assign the slew to the radar stick on the F-14 RIO seat, the 8-Bit its very obvious and disturbing ;-).

By the same time, there could be an addon like a radar elevation toggle wheel...Just throwing ideas at you since your webstore seems a bit empty ;-)

The comments on reddit... complaining about the price for the slew upgrade... unbelievable. IMHO they are priced fair and reasonable. And I hope you get some money out it as well.

Have a great day.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

@Delta just installed the Alps in my throttle, ran the updater, and I note that in the DCS axes control the horizontal is a bit right of center, how should I address recalibrating the centering. The vertical is fine spot on!

Thanks! Tony

I bought one of the old force sensing units. Been in use ever since and can only say great things about it.

Did you ever play arround with the idea of having the slew unit on a separate USB device so you can unlock that 8-Bit resolution to a 10 or 12-bit? Doesnt really show on the A-10 or F-18, but if you assign the slew to the radar stick on the F-14 RIO seat, the 8-Bit its very obvious and disturbing ;-).

By the same time, there could be an addon like a radar elevation toggle wheel...Just throwing ideas at you since your webstore seems a bit empty ;-)

The comments on reddit... complaining about the price for the slew upgrade... unbelievable. IMHO they are priced fair and reasonable. And I hope you get some money out it as well.

Have a great day.

I’ve got a few ideas in the pipeline, the separate USB add-on is definitely still on the list. Currently I’m working on trying to get as many orders for the slew upgrades out as possible. It wouldn’t feel right releasing more products for sale now, when I still have a 3 month waiting list.

Thanks very much to the guy who posted on hoggit, I got quote a few orders from there :thumbup:

I never understand why people complain about the price, no one is forcing them to buy it.

In my view I’m making fair amount of money from them, and I’m still selling as many as I can make. If the price would change it would probably be go up, not down :)