Need a Gunfighter Mk.II

ExGreyFox

I've been trying to get my hands on one for a while now on a Gunfighter Mk.II tabletop with MCG PRO. Website says that they will be back in stock September 2018. Any way to pre-order one or do I just wait for them to become available and then order? I live in the US.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

I've been trying to get my hands on one for a while now on a Gunfighter Mk.II tabletop with MCG PRO. Website says that they will be back in stock September 2018. Any way to pre-order one or do I just wait for them to become available and then order? I live in the US.

Pretty much have to wait until available again unfortunately. Unless you find a third party selling theirs.

I bought my Gunfighter Mk 1 Pro early last year, and waiting until little over a week ago to be able to get the MCG Pro grip to go along with it.

Best thing to do is just keep an eye out for availability again and get an order placed asap. They tend to go fast.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be happy to wait till September for the next batch, but how quickly do the runs sell out? Wondering if I need to write a script to check the VKB site every 4 hours or something and notify me if the 'out of stock' message changes.

They should allow pre-orders, or at the very least have an in-stock notification system set up on the site.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

I'll be happy to wait till September for the next batch, but how quickly do the runs sell out? Wondering if I need to write a script to check the VKB site every 4 hours or something and notify me if the 'out of stock' message changes.

They should allow pre-orders, or at the very least have an in-stock notification system set up on the site.

Send rrhode a message, he is pretty good at informing NA customers when they get stock available to order.

I think he may send it to everyone that has signed up on the VKB NA website.

That is how I snagged my new MCG Pro grip.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So I have been VERY disappointed with how VKB has been handling stock.

I've been waiting for the MCG for almost a year. My wait started in December of 2017 when I was told new stock would come in February.

Flash forward to then, nothing happened. Date pushed back to March.. Then April.. Then! They announced that they were getting a shipment via their newsletter. "Oh boy!" I thought, "I better get in on that!"

Within the span it took for me to log into my account the day that they became available, they were sold out. How many did they sell that day? 14 units!! Now, I am not an expert on the manufacturing process, shipping, or delivering. However, I am acutely aware that if you have something that is considered long-awaited, you may want to get more in stock than 14 of them. Or at least let people pre-order the things so it's not a mad scramble within the span of ten or so minutes to grab as many as they can. VKB's lack of being able to pre-order something has been by far the most frustrating part about this.

Earlier this month, the MCG was available for all of a single hour. No clue how many they sold, but it once again highlights the problems at play.

I know this isn't rrhode's fault, but at the same time it's absurd how this just keeps happening. I'm convinced the September period for ordering them is going to last all of eight seconds. :doh:

4 hours is too long. I went on lunch break at work to preorder one when it became available a few weeks ago and it was out of stock by the time I got someplace to order it. You're looking at a turnaround time of less than a half hour.

Send rrhode a message, he is pretty good at informing NA customers when they get stock available to order.

I think he may send it to everyone that has signed up on the VKB NA website.

That is how I snagged my new MCG Pro grip.

Anyone have rrhode's e-mail address?

NZXT Kraken x62

Cooler Master HAF X

Heatware

I also bought it from AliExpress and I'm waiting to receive the Gunfighter Pro Mk. II w/MCG Pro Grip and extension. 399 eur + shipping.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

I CANNOT wait to get my hands on a Gunfighter Mk.II Pro MCG Pro with the extender.

NZXT Kraken x62

Cooler Master HAF X

Heatware

I CANNOT wait to get my hands on a Gunfighter Mk.II Pro MCG Pro with the extender.

Been flying with my extended Mk 1 Gunfighter and MCG Pro grip about three weeks now, it is for sure a very sweet setup.

:joystick:

Don B

Been flying with my extended Mk 1 Gunfighter and MCG Pro grip about three weeks now, it is for sure a very sweet setup.

:joystick:

I'm jealous bro. Did you switch out the cams and springs to compensate for the extender?

NZXT Kraken x62

Cooler Master HAF X

Heatware

I'm jealous bro. Did you switch out the cams and springs to compensate for the extender?

Springs yes - I settled on one #50 and one #20 spring per axis.

I stayed with the #10 soft center cam - and it is very soft.

Don B

Springs yes - I settled on one #50 and one #20 spring per axis.

I stayed with the #10 soft center cam - and it is very soft.

Is this typically the best config for using the extender? I am guessing I should change out the springs/cams for the extender as the first thing right out of the box before I plug it in to calibrate correct?

NZXT Kraken x62

Cooler Master HAF X

Heatware

Is this typically the best config for using the extender? I am guessing I should change out the springs/cams for the extender as the first thing right out of the box before I plug it in to calibrate correct?

Yeah depends on what springs come installed. If you ordered the Pro Gunfighter Mk II it may already have the #50 springs installed, not sure. I ordered the Pro Kit which was the extension and springs after I ordered the Gunfighter, so mine had much softer springs installed in the base.

You will just have to play with it and settle on what feels best for your usage, just the #50 spring was not enough for me, was still too soft for my taste. So I added the #20 also and that is about right for me.

You can see my review in the below thread where I go into a little more detail.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216640

Don B

Yeah depends on what springs come installed. If you ordered the Pro Gunfighter Mk II it may already have the #50 springs installed, not sure. I ordered the Pro Kit which was the extension and springs after I ordered the Gunfighter, so mine had much softer springs installed in the base.

You will just have to play with it and settle on what feels best for your usage, just the #50 spring was not enough for me, was still too soft for my taste. So I added the #20 also and that is about right for me.

You can see my review in the below thread where I go into a little more detail.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216640

I see, so you staggered #50 and #20 springs for each axis? i.e. you have 2 different springs both on the same cam?

NZXT Kraken x62

Cooler Master HAF X

Heatware

I see, so you staggered #50 and #20 springs for each axis? i.e. you have 2 different springs both on the same cam?

Yep, the rods they attach to are made to accommodate two springs. No problem, just have to make sure the coil on inside spring is facing inside and coil on outside spring is facing outward so they do not interfere with each other.

Don B

Yep, the rods they attach to are made to accommodate two springs. No problem, just have to make sure the coil on inside spring is facing inside and coil on outside spring is facing outward so they do not interfere with each other.

Good to know. Thank you. Ready to get this bad boy on order along with the MFG Crosswinds. Just got 2 Virpil Desk Mounts along with the TMW Throttle plate on order. I think there is someone around here on the forum who makes and sells the Gunfighter Mk.II base plate to fit the Virpil Desk Mount.

NZXT Kraken x62

Cooler Master HAF X

Heatware

• 1 month later...

Should be coming in stock soon right guys???

NZXT Kraken x62

Cooler Master HAF X

Heatware

Been waiting patiently for these to come in stock. I didn’t realize it was going to require a month long browser refresh clicking session to possibly buy something.

If it’s that bad I assume obtaining a vkb throttle is pure fantasy

Been waiting patiently for these to come in stock. I didn’t realize it was going to require a month long browser refresh clicking session to possibly buy something.

If it’s that bad I assume obtaining a vkb throttle is pure fantasy

Unfortunately that is the downside- the waiting.

They are well worth the wait, but man it can get to be a frustrating long wait. I had my new Gunfighter Mk I Pro sitting here in box for just over a year before I was able to order and get my hands on my MCG Pro grip for it. Now that I have it, I don't give it much thought anymore.

Don B