Spitfire windshield masks the night visibility

You cant see anything forward at night ???? The glass tint masks the surrounding area not even a B-17 popping flares dead ahead.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I dont know about that. The yellow greenish tint needs dilution ED artists! Its hard to pick up anything in daytime too. Especially with sun glaring.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I believe it was a night fighter too. And the B-17 flares I meant as in scripted flare release.. not heat seeking countermeasures. Signal flare on unit.

ww2 fighters have very thick armoured glass upfront.

and 5 inches of glass acts both as a prism and a lens.

and none of the flightsims model it correctly.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/printthread/Board/366/main/390182/type/thread

here is a guy with a block of armoured glass showing some of the issues.

and you will notice the glass is slightly green.

yes it is for a fw190 but the spit is the same.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

The key point is that "the glass is slightly green":

attachment.php?attachmentid=189992&stc=1&d=1531662894

as opposed to this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=189993&stc=1&d=1531662894

2005964172_FockeWulfFw190ArmorglassWindscreenRefractionLichtbrechungFw190Fron.thumb.jpg.44fd8d7d958115de8aa348fc655fcde6.jpg

1741017657_SpitfireWindscreen.thumb.png.7f0e3df49e82ccacaeaff2524d5978bf.png

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

At first I didn't even notice all the same fake reflection dots and dashes being repeated on the windscreen (the dimmer frame being the most "in your face" piece of crap limiting the view), but later it became obvious that the whole texture layer has been duplicated all across the armoured glass, which not only doubles the static reflection and tint problem, but also doubles the hopeless dynamic reflections problems.

I wonder when / if it's going to be fixed here. All of it happens while the tint on the Mustang has been toned down a little bit in recent versions, while the Fw-190 has none of it at all :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The key point is that "the glass is slightly green":

attachment.php?attachmentid=189992&stc=1&d=1531662894

as opposed to this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=189993&stc=1&d=1531662894

we got algae on the windshield ????

shhhhh.. DCS Algae announced ????

I did say none of the sims gets it right :)

DCS got it right. At least you dont have to stare at the bandit youre shooting ????????

Mod already done by Toby23. See following post

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3571337&postcount=1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

we got algae on the windshield ????

shhhhh.. DCS Algae announced ????

Contrary to popular belief, glass isn't actually without color. :P

Most glass I've seen has a green hue, but there are some brands of Duran lab grade glass that are actually gray.