Radar elevation way too sensitive

Pikey

Hi folks, if you assign to either throttle, stick or keyboard the radar elevation, then just one touch tends to really mess up your day. I believe there's some confusion finding radar returns as the "sweet spot" can be quickly missed and people end up with blank screens and no returns.

Should there be only 4 clicks between all the elevations possible and it be that sensitive? I believe the radar elevation is a rotary on the radar stick so would have more fine control.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I agree, antenna elevation is too sensitive. Also, since in reality there's a middle snap position on the potentiometer, which I guess makes easy for the pilot to put the antenna back to its default position, I think there should be a "re-center elevation" key. Same for the gain.

BTW, is there an indicator of current antenna elevation?

Yep needed. People can lose where they are by simply pressing it one way and there is no guarantee they can get it back centred. It's actually been the source of multiplayer confusion, where people see nothing. Am dying for this to get put on the WH slider so i can move it like other radar elevations and nice and gently.

I agree, antenna elevation is too sensitive. Also, since in reality there's a middle snap position on the potentiometer, which I guess makes easy for the pilot to put the antenna back to its default position, I think there should be a "re-center elevation" key. Same for the gain.

BTW, is there an indicator of current antenna elevation?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I do not so much agree with the radar elevation marker, but strongly agree with a binding to set elevation to the center.. This is something that would be no problem in the real thing, feeling the middle snap.. No such thing for us at home with consumer joysticks

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

There is a radar antenna elevation indicator, it's just not implemented (yet?).

According to the manual it appears only in air-to-air search mode. Did you try that? (Sorry, can't check myself right now.)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss