Button box screen in DCS

dmwierz

Just ran across this and, without knowing anything about what lies under the hood of DCS, is getting the El Gato Streamdeck to display in DCS like this guy does in X-Plane something like that's even possible?

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

Maybe, but...

Demi, thanks. That might work, but I'm running a WMR headset. Would have to see if I can get it to work in SteamVR.

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

It definitely works with WMR. I have the Samsung O+, using it with FC3 aircraft and for emulating F buttons.

Cool! I have the OG Odyssey, so that's encouraging. Thanks.

Yes, you could create a panel much like he did for x-plane that you could either re-create your stream deck on (easier), or use the stream deck api to mirror it on.

A good place to start would be the code that draws the (easy mode) flight information in DCS when flying in this mode.

check your Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Scripts\ARCADE folder for an example

in that folder you have arcade_template_hud.lua (for the p-51 same for others)

arcade_template_hud.lua would be a good start to see how to draw out particular screens for putting the streamdeck into.

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung