TGP Offset Cursor

AstonMartinDBS

Cage/Uncage button functionality on the TGP is not working as intended right now, it should be putting the pod into LSS, not stowing it. If you stow the pod, you can double-tap Undesignate to put the pod into VVSLV.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Yeah, so if the FLIR is on the right DDI then you bump the castle switch to the right

:thumbup:

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Any idea whats the gray option for on the TGP? ..literately is not doing anything !!!!

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Is it just me, as well as the issues outlined in the posts above, I also can't WPDSG and have the TGP automatically slew to the preset WPT. Is this a newly introduced bug or has the behaviour been changed on purpose?

I'm not doing anything differently from before. Cage/Uncage doesn't return the TGP to bore sight mode and even if I switch from AG -> AA -> AG the TGP uncages but all I still can't WPDSG to get it to automatically slew. It is pretty useless in it's current state, so I hope it is just a series of bugs rather than "new behaviour" :joystick:

It's not your imagination! This is one of the big show stoppers for me. Sometime I get it to work, most of the time I don't.

It's not your imagination! This is one of the big show stoppers for me. Sometime I get it to work, most of the time I don't.

Can you give a short track? I think I have an idea of what's causing this but I want to make sure we're looking at the same cause. Are you pressing WPDSG with a TGT already designated? that can break it

Edited by Santi871

Hi,

I don't have a track file unfortunately. All I'm doing is selecting a way point that is over an eneny ground unit and hitting WPDSG, prior to the last two updates the TGP would slew straight to it and I could TDC depress, switch Station (for JDAMS for example) and slew to another enemy unit in close proximity. Now WPDSG doesn't seem to automatically slew the TGP and once TDC depress you can't slew anymore.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Yes it won’t if you have an ATRK or PTRK you must right castle to clear the TRK then you can park it. Select another WP and Hit WPDSG and it will slew to the new WP.

Not a good video but I recorded it coming back from the range without any weapons remaining. It just shows the 3 modes of tracking.

Edited by PeneCruz

I'm really happy undesignate doesn't re-boresight the TGP, that was one of the most painful aspects when trying to engage multiple targets.

If I have the TGP on the right DDI, SCS->Right works as expected and allows slewing after entering PTRK or ATRK. If the TGP is on the lower screen, SCS-Down doesn't do a damn thing. Is it me, or is this as expected or a bug?

I also noticed that, when I switched between TOO and PP, some of the stations inherited the TOO target coords into PP, similar to how it worked before Christmas, but I didn't do it consciously and I coulnd't find a way to repeat it. Anyone else see this?

I'm really happy undesignate doesn't re-boresight the TGP, that was one of the most painful aspects when trying to engage multiple targets.

If I have the TGP on the right DDI, SCS->Right works as expected and allows slewing after entering PTRK or ATRK. If the TGP is on the lower screen, SCS-Down doesn't do a damn thing. Is it me, or is this as expected or a bug?

I also noticed that, when I switched between TOO and PP, some of the stations inherited the TOO target coords into PP, similar to how it worked before Christmas, but I didn't do it consciously and I coulnd't find a way to repeat it. Anyone else see this?

I regret to inform you that ED will revert back to undesignate=snowplow... So don't get too happy. :(

Stay safe

Thanks for the VID, it makes sense but I can't say it's a particularly useful mode of operation in comparison to how it used to work. It's clunky as heck now. Targetting multiple units with JDAMS for example in TOO mode is going to be challenging.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I regret to inform you that ED will revert back to undesignate=snowplow... So don't get too happy. :(

:doh: Is that how she works IRL? If so, I now see how much value the offset option will add...

I'm assuming if I'm in offset cursor, designate/undesignate will work as it does now?

Thanks for the VID, it makes sense but I can't say it's a particularly useful mode of operation in comparison to how it used to work. It's clunky as heck now. Targetting multiple units with JDAMS for example in TOO mode is going to be challenging.

Not at all, once you ground stabilise in ATRK you will be able to offset designate multiple targets for handoff to gps guided weapons. WIP I guess.

OK, understood. Many thanks.

Not sure I fully understand how to use the offset cursor mode, perhaps that is where I am getting hung up. My workflow (purely for testing JDAM/JSOW for example was previously)

1. Single waypoint over first vehicle in a stationary convoy.

2. WPDSG to this waypoint with TGP activated.

3. TDC depress and set coords for first JDAM over first vehicle.

4. Step to next staion slew to next vehicle in column - TDC depress - STEP

5. And so on.

6. After final TDC depress on last vehicle, undesignate.

7. Launch JDAMS.

I need to try and get this working with the new TGP implementation, but I guess it may be better to wait until after the June update to see if anything else changes with the TGP.

I really wish they'd stop making lots of little changes like this; it makes it more difficult than it needs to be to learn, and bug identification harder.

Yeah, and communication is not improving, rather the opposite. Hornet realm is getting harder each month.

Stay safe

Can you give a short track? I think I have an idea of what's causing this but I want to make sure we're looking at the same cause. Are you pressing WPDSG with a TGT already designated? that can break it

Yes I have a WP designated on a target with the correct elevation settings. When I hit WPDSG the Pod doesn't always slew to the target. Let me see if I can get you a track.

Yes I have a WP designated on a target with the correct elevation settings. When I hit WPDSG the Pod doesn't always slew to the target. Let me see if I can get you a track.

It happens sometimes due to a bug that's been here forever. Just press undesignate until WPDSG works again. If necessary, make a new tgt and undesignate from there. I will work that way.

Stay safe

On a test run with 4 JDAMs on 4 stations (1 each) for 4 targets OPR mode worked as before. In ATRK mode (using the offset cursor for target designation) different coordinates have been transferred to each station but none of the 4 JDAMs hitted a target. I've forgot to save the track... :(
Here are some tracks from Nevada: in #1 and #2 I used the offset cursor to assign target coordinates to the JDAMs and hitted only 1/4 targets in each run, in #3 I did it in OPR mode (without the offset cursor) and hitted 4/4 targets. Weird. Hope ED manages to finish the TGP without bugs. Or maybe I'm doin' something wrong. Hard to say without any documentation.

FA18C TPOD JDAM 01 OffsetCursor only1of4hits.trk

FA18C TPOD JDAM 02 OffsetCursor only1of4hits.trk

FA18C TPOD JDAM 03 WithoutOffsetCursor 4of4hits.trk

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

I really wish they'd stop making lots of little changes like this; it makes it more difficult than it needs to be to learn, and bug identification harder.

Cut them some slack, it's planned to be wrapped up next week, so give them the chance and look forward to the explanation that then will surely be coming.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

What Radar changes are you talking about?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

What Radar changes are you talking about?
I think he means the announced A/G radar.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

I think he means the announced A/G radar.

That would be strange, since basically nothing confusing happened there so far, so again: I don't get the commotion.