Israeli Vipers by BarTzi

BarTzi

Hi guys!

Now that the template is released, I can finally share something I've been working way too many hours on. This is the Israeli Viper pack, made by me.

The initial release aims to introduce the operators of the F16C of the Israeli air force. The following squadrons operate earlier blocks of C's:

110 - known as "Knights of the north" (Based at Ramat David currently)

117 - known as "The first jet squadron" (Based at Ramat David currently)

101 - known as "The first fighter squadron"

115 - known as "The flying dragon squadron", which is an aggressor squadron and transitioned to C's in 2017.

Bare in mind - Israel never owned the block ED simulates - so these are all fictional skins.

Each squadron had its decals and stencils recreated and made to fit the DCS Viper.

Each skin contains the full texture set, including RoughMet, and bort number font to match the squadron (they each have a different one).

Three of the four (excluding the 101st) include a 60th-anniversary version, which has an additional decal on the base of the vertical stab.

All four skins have a 'Barak 2020' version, which adds a small logo on the intake (see explanation here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4346503&postcount=27)

**As of september 2020, The standard liveries are a part of DCS. You don't have t odownload them anymore. If you wish to add the 60th anniversary or barak 2020 versions, download them separately here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313552/ 

Known missing items/issues:

1. On the right side of the plane, there's a label stating the serial number of the airframe. I've decided to leave it blank (I'm going for a dynamic skin, so I don't see the point in restricting myself to one serial number).

2. I had to enlarge the 115th and 110th bort number font to avoid massive gaps between each

number (can't change that either. Smaller font = bigger gap. The real font is smaller and tighter.)

Download links:

V1.31:

110:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308780/

117:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308782/

115:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308785/

101:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308784/

And now - for the most important part, the pictures:

dcrj795.png

H6xzI2c.png

Bs4dR1F.png

YFm9PHn.png

gI5jjgY.png

Edited by BarTzi
Added changelog

Great work! Thank you!

When you find some time, it would be nice to have fixed bort numbers, so you can create more accurate skins. Please keep in mind, my words are not critisim your work. Its only a wish. Thank you for this great lookin skins.

Great work! Thank you!

When you find some time, it would be nice to have fixed bort numbers, so you can create more accurate skins. Please keep in mind, my words are not critisim your work. Its only a wish. Thank you for this great lookin skins.

Absolutely. I have a list of all airframes and their IAF squadrons somewhere on my PC.

I decided to start with the dynamic numbers because I want to avoid a scenario in which all airframes look 100% the same and you can't do anything about it.

Of course, it will also be more time-consuming. So maybe in the near future :)

Absolutely. I have a list of all airframes and their IAF squadrons somewhere on my PC.

I decided to start with the dynamic numbers because I want to avoid a scenario in which all airframes look 100% the same and you can't do anything about it.

Of course, it will also be more time-consuming. So maybe in the near future :)

great to hear! Thank you

Updated to v0.3. (links are updated)

Changes:

Tweaked the paint a bit and removed some excessive leaks \ dirt (that includes slightly changing the color of the center fuel tank to make it closer to the wing-mounted ones).

Adjusted the roughmet accordingly.

Changed the position of the IAF roundel.

Enjoy!

uJA4fsa.png

Hi guys and thanks for the feedback! Just pushed v0.5. Here is the combined changelog for v0.4 and v0.5:

V0.4:

Added Hebrew markings on the wing pylons, rails, and fuel tanks ("Barak" and the squadron name).

V0.5:

All pilots had their ranks and nametags added (115 has their own version of the IAF ranks, painted red).

A small sticker was added to the seat (it says "Barak"). It is placed behind the pilot's head and is visible in external view only*.

Most importantly - no more '0' near the nose.

*This will go with a future cockpit texture I'm making (separate mod).

AumDyQk.png

PAJoLAF.png

UZtINZL.png

Edited by BarTzi

Updated to version 0.6.

*since I exceeded the 300mb size limit, I'm unable to pack the 60th-anniversary decals with the normal decals of the squadrons. Going forward they will be two separate skins.

**All of the 60th-anniversary versions were uploaded to the site and are waiting to be approved. The links will be posted when they do.

-Redid some of the decals, including the ejection seat warning and IAF roundel.

-Fixed a small typo I had ('do not deform roles', was changed to 'do not deform holes' as it should be)

-Wings now have their RoughMet.

-Skins will now be found under Israel only, and not under the USA.

Edited by BarTzi

That 300Mb limit is becoming a bitch ey?

I also like to pack my relevant skins together.

Anyways, your Vipers are fantastic, keep them coming.

Yeah. With more detailed models and bigger files - maybe it should be increased to 500MB or so.

My 60th-anniversary skin is exactly the same as the regular squadron one, except for the tail. The difference is two files.

There might be a way that I'm not aware of to make those two skins share the same texture set, which will cut the size by a significant amount.

Two skin entries in one description file- Is this possible?

Thank you for the compliment, your Hellenic vipers are phenomenal!

Yeah. With more detailed models and bigger files - maybe it should be increased to 500MB or so.

My 60th-anniversary skin is exactly the same as the regular squadron one, except for the tail. The difference is two files.

There might be a way that I'm not aware of to make those two skins share the same texture set, which will cut the size by a significant amount.

Two skin entries in one description file- Is this possible?

Thank you for the compliment, your Hellenic vipers are phenomenal!

500Mb, 800Mb, what is the point? I am going to upload all my skins anyway. one by one or all together, they will occupy the same space on the servers hard drive. They should remove the limit all together. After all they are moderating each upload and could very easily deny an upload of excessive size for whatever reason.

Shared textures among relative skins just like ED practices for their own skins would indeed be awesome. I wish someone would show us how if possible.

So Beautiful and Awesome

I love These skins as real ones

VIVA ISRAEL 4 EVER

ISAAC

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm feedback - I really appreciate it :)

I didn't keep you guys in the loop, but the skins were recently updated to v0.92 - which is more or less final.

Further adjustments and improvements will happen with time since I assume the 3d model is still WIP and the textures will have to be adjusted in the future.

Edited by BarTzi